Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
To be perfectly honest. The T-atk deficiency for CASTs is not a huge factor in their damage potential as mages... except when it comes to meeting equipment requirements later on down the road.
Most end-game weaponry require you to have at least 600 base attack in order to use. It's quite a struggle to get a CAST to those levels in a reasonable amount of time. You'll likely be waiting for higher levels to use those powerful weapons compared to other races.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Infinity Gaia posted:

Huh, new patch. I think the reason patching takes so long is because it appears to redownload every file that was replaced by the english patch. This was probably just some aesthetic items bloated into a gigantic monstrosity of a patch. I think I'll save a backup of the original japanese files this time for the next time it patches.
The barebones English patch is only around 5MB and gives you all the core functionality to play the game. It's the story patch and largefiles that are the bulk of your redownloading.
I personally don't use any of them, but there is a fan-made launcher that will automatically keep a backup of your JP files and restore then when you finish playing to save you the trouble of having the updates overwrite all your patch files.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Mostly fluff. Like a lot of chatter-type stuff. I haven't used it in months but their size is due to having the text files mixed in with audio files. Sega's brilliant file system at work. v:v:v

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Tengames posted:

You are never going to loving get those weapons, not that you would want them anyway since they're expensive as hell to grind and actually weaker then an easy to get 10* grinded up to 50 element.
Unless it's a tech weapon, where element doesn't matter anyway. :v:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Umberger posted:

This is the worst thing because you can lock on to their head and Rafoie will hit their unbroken claws still, even if their head has a Weak Bullet on it (which should just gain #1 autotarget priority in situations like this).
Just use grants if you are bumrushing banther's face. It has 100% accuracy and follows its target. That is, if you're using techs. :v:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Akoogly Eyes posted:

Also, THRILLSPLOSION! Too bad the skill is kinda lovely, it just makes me roll backwards and shoot out a single exploding shell from my gunslash.
It's more powerful than you think. Try laying that grenade into a group of 5 or so monsters.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Umberger posted:

They also get pretty big jumps in damage from 10->11, but farming AB 11+ can be a bit hard.
You're telling me. I've killed over 25 Banther Orans and have yet to see that drat disc drop. :negative:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Umberger posted:

I find Just Guard/Counter to be significantly easier to pull off than avoiding damage through Step's i-frames.
Try just guarding banther's dive spam attack. Bullshit hitboxes kind of ruin the utility of just guard sometimes.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

NextTime000 posted:

I don't want this to be real :(
HE HUNGERS.

More importantly, what's that bottom Rifle PA icon on the left? I don't recognize it... Kinda looks like a flashlight.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Casters are fine. I'm still waiting for some all-class mechguns that aren't a loving joke. :argh:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Tengames posted:

These masks are a thing of beauty. :allears:
You know it.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

NextTime000 posted:

I have a feeling that I am going to find Guld Milla or Flame Visit long before I find any of the others, much less an Elysion...:negative:
And I'll never forgive you for winning the internet lottery completely out of your control and taking MY Guld Milla. :colbert:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Handgun Harlot posted:

Guld Milla < Twin Bird < Mille Marteaux :tfrxmas:
I never liked the Mille Marteaux or the Heaven Punisher. Then again I played a CAST so I loved the Guld Milla's HP steal.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Well, it was triple meseta day yesterday.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Torquil posted:

I guess that means it's time to grind out that last level to hit Very Hard. I need that sweet, sweet Falz gear.
Except you need to be level 55 to play the supercharged Falz this coming week. v:v:v

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Blazing Zero posted:

I'll have to start turning on BGM's during boss fights but thus far I haven't found any tracks I enjoy. :smith:

The Falz Arm theme when everyone's at 40% progress is pretty good. It's rare to get though given how fast it rockets straight to 80% with everyone rushing it.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Protocol 5 posted:

Seems that way. The consensus at the moment is that it has a higher drop rate, based on the fact that the number of 11 star drops is higher than the level 50 version.
I certainly can't tell because I haven't even gotten a loving Adaman off this rear end in a top hat.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Umberger posted:

Traps were poo poo in PSO
You fuckin' take that back. Traps were lifesavers in Ultimate difficulty. :mad:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Yeah if they would just give Techer it's own (redundant) PP Charge Revival skill, it could totally stand on it's own without needing the FO crutch.
I mean, poo poo, Sega has no qualms over giving everyone redundant Just Reversals.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
You're probably better off changing a Fossil Victor to lightning with one of those element-change support items, honestly. v:v:v

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Aenslaed posted:

The resulting weapon will be approx 5mil(a bargain) in cost to make and better than any Pyroxene 10* TM with equal grind/affixes(cheaper too). The same applies to Lambda Failnaught (double saber) and Lambda Jerid (gunslash).
Technically you'll likely get more out of 50 elementing a Sulkrai or a Friedmalinka

50 elementing those amounts to about 1300 attack, ignoring elemental weakness. I'm not sure how a straight damage multiplier of the Lambda Radiegle's potential factors in, but those only reach 1100 attack at 50 element.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Bloodplay it again posted:

Those are both 10* items, though. Unless I'm misunderstanding, I can only buy those from the shop with a 10* pass. At least by grinding the 9*, I can just buy cheapies from the shops. I can't even imagine how long it would take me to farm either of those guns.
They're 10* items but you get them by having their 9* counterpart and doing Advance Quests in their respective area to gain elemental stones. You then trade in the 9* weapon and 90 stones to upgrade it to it's 10* variant.

Edit: Most 9* trade-in counterparts run 100,000 to 200,000 meseta.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Aenslaed posted:

To 50 element either of those, you would have to get almost 1000 of the corresponding Pyroxene stones from AQs, and you would also need enough money to purchase the 10 or so base weapons.
They start at 30 element, and each element grind unassisted adds 3 more element. You only need 6 or 7 copies of the weapon to have enough to max it out, and you can get enough money within 2 days worth of :taco:s. With the exception of having a terrible map, you can score 20-40 stones per Advance Quest, and you'll want to be farming those anyway since some of the best stuff theoretically drops from there. It's not too hard to dig up the resources to cap out those pryoxene weapons. Grinding them to +10, on the other hand, is a different matter, but we're getting that +10% bonus to Dudu rates soon so save up your grinders and risk reducers!

Though until he can hit level 45 to access those quests, yes, Lambda Radiegle is his best bet for decently priced/powered machineguns.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Dying is the only appropriate cut-in time.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Prefix your autoword with /a.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

NextTime000 posted:

you mean to tell me it will be easier to find rares for the classes I like to play by playing those classes!?
:wotwot:
Knowing Sega it'll just be some asinine boost like 10%. :v:

Also force rares skyrocket in supply because of exit burst efficiency.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

nerdz posted:

Oh man, that grind boost is no joke. Got a 9* weapon potential lv.2 with 500k (counting 3 80k a pop spheres because I used all I had to make 75% boosts)
You're telling me. I +10'd five 10* weapons this morning.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Protocol 5 posted:

Wand Lovers description says it maxes Wand Gear but reduces PP to zero. If it's a cooldown, it could be OK, provided the cooldown is short, if it's a passive, it would be pretty terrible.
It already sounds terrible. I can just "reduce my PP to zero" by doing tons of tech damage AND max out wand gear at the same time.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Maybe it's just perspective. I see wand gear as a relatively fun method to PP regeneration where your damage isn't total garbage. I mean the only other real alternative is to plink at the enemy for 100 damage with a gunslash.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Laksa posted:

So this guy joined my party, set himself on follow and promptly afked.
When that poo poo happens, I go out of my way to get the moron killed and leave his corpse behind.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

NextTime000 posted:

Yeah so not only is there a dearth of rare Braver weapons, but they don't even follow how all the other weapons are balanced statistically :psyduck:
Maybe this'll signify a future rebalance of the other 6* weapons. They seem pretty pointless anyway, since their requirements are so high but their stats are so low.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Protocol 5 posted:

I dunno about that. They seem to put in new items instead of changing old ones.
They buffed Umblla rod when people complained how lovely it was. :v:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Protocol 5 posted:

You kind of pity their art department when you try to imagine the kind of hours they've had to have been working on modeling, texturing, lighting, and animating all the new assets.
Especially when it's something that - at most - only 1% of the player base gets to appreciate.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Subbing braver with a ranger has decent synergy, given if you use weak stance and have some investment in Ranger's weak hit advance skills. Works on weak bullet too.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
You're going to wake up to miniature cars on every square inch of your floor.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Surprise Noodle posted:

A lot of the NPCs are named after minor planetoids, and there happens to be one such cosmic entity named Alphonsina. So, Melphonsina. Seeing the pattern, we can sort of guess at the original intent.
So which poor unfortunate celestial body was adorned the name, "Dudu" and by who?

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Umberger posted:

Want Pushan.

gently caress that. I want my burger mag back. :colbert:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I honestly feel like they ninja-nerfed rifles with episode 2. I usually always break at least 150 damage on non-weakspot hits with regular shots, now it's close to 70 and my sneak shots seem to be doing about 1000 less damage, too.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
The apocalypse is upon us! Forget Dark Falz, forget stunlock abusing enemies, Lillipans will destroy us all! :supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Never grind for loot (it won't drop), never expect a 10* weapon, and never EVER conscientiously search for a specific item. The rares don't drop until you've completely forgotten they existed.

Case in point: Slicing apart a few vardhas for my braver's SP CO and the last one dropped a Block Bellow. I forgot those even existed at the time.

• Locked thread