Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

I don't blame the attitude towards localization given what we know, but I do find it rather misleading to say that it is delayed indefinitely in the OP. The fact is that we don't know that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Pretty much. "Until further notice" might be more appropriate.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Tengames posted:

On another note, a Southeast Asia version of PSO2 is supposedly going to be released in English by Asiasoft. They are apparently very terrible, supposedly offering poor support, and making a game harder so people would buy more cash shop items.

This is good news if true. That much closer to making a Western release more viable.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Dizz posted:

I'm kinda skeptical about them if they're gonna make the game more stupid in attempts to make more people buy poo poo.

E: I'm guessing they're gonna make the EXP per level ratio stupid unless you are premium or some wacky thing like that.

Oh me too. I am just happy if it is in English because that is work which would not need to be repeated for a Western release.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Tengames posted:

Thats actually the biggest worry, because apparently what people on psoworld are saying is that the international release of Ragnarok online 2 used the SEA version, complete with all the horrible things they changed to make it worse.

Ah...yeah that would suck. :(

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

MR. J posted:

You fuckin' take that back. Traps were lifesavers in Ultimate difficulty. :mad:

Yeah but let's be honest. CC was too necessary in Ultimate. Especially solo.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Why does it bother them that this information is being data mined in the first place? I am having trouble understanding how that could potentially impact their bottom line in a negative way.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Schubalts posted:

Most game companies don't like it when someone leaks all the story data they can get their hands on. A Japanese blog leaking story stuff is supposedly what prompted this from Sega.

I can understand their feelings on the matter but I don't get how it impacts the bottom line enough to warrant EULA changes. Of course, this assumes that it is logical at all which it probably isn't. In the end, the only effective answer to get what they want is to not provide users with access to certain sensitive info until the content goes live.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

I wish we would just get a straight answer already. Or hell, anything. The silence sucks.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

One and the Same posted:

The item translation no longer seems to function after the new update. I wonder if they found out what Aida was doing and closed what ever exploit he used to make item translation possible? :ohdear:

This will never happen, but if they were smart they would just offer up whatever someone like Aida needs to create these translations. That would stop the exploiting that they dislike and attract more players at the same time.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

I still care. I really want it to be released on PC in the West.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

NextTime000 posted:

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-hard-drive-wiping-compensation/

I'd say just keep an eye on this article and Ricardo will probably update it as soon as the from is available

5000 Yen is about $50 right now. That is pretty generous. I would never expect that much compensation from an American company. Too many of them forgotten what it means to feel shame even when faced with large mistakes.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Kessel posted:

It's not 50 dollars, it's a Sega gift voucher worth 50 dollars.

Correct. This is still pretty darn good as far as compensation goes without seeking some sort of legal solution. I am more used to something like, "So sorry about that! Here is a free digital hat for your troubles and 2 WHOLE days of subscription time." That's assuming I get more than just an apology.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Gonna fire this up again. First time since beta. Is the tweaker the way to go for everything it features or have some of you ran into issues with parts of it? I was planning to use it for all updates, English patches, settings, launching, etc.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

So I used the PSO2 Tweaker and applied all of the English patches and item translations included. Is there anything else available that I can install which would translate the game even further?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

kirbysuperstar posted:

Not really. There's not much left untranslated once you have the core/largefiles/story/item stuff applied.

Then maybe I did something wrong? There seems to be a lot left untranslated for me. In particular, a good number of items and whole lot of item descriptions are still in Japanese. There is some NPC text that is untranslated as well but I am less concerned about that.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Alright. Well, in the mean time is there a "go to" site that people use when they need to know what a particular item is/does?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Yeah I have been playing Phantasy Star since III came out on the Genesis so that does help. There are still a lot of items where I wish I could read the descriptions of though.

Thanks for the site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

This is the first time I tried to login during maintenance. When do the servers normally come back online?

• Locked thread