Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Protocol 5 posted:

What with the recent changes to Hunter skills, calling Fighters a more offensive version is somewhat inaccurate. The main difference is that Hunters have the ability to guard against attacks and specialize in flexible melee at close and medium range with middling mid to long range damage with gunslashes thanks to Fury Stance and their slightly better R-ATK growth than Fighters.

Deadly Archer. Sorry, but no other class besides fighter can pump out more damage faster and reliably for the longest consecutive periods of time unimpeded by cooldowns and situational effects. Its silly cause a fighter can put out nearly as much as a gunner's chain(the game's idea of a move that guarantees overkill damage), in just 1 charged DA.

Also, complaints about range and distance are what FI who have bad positioning, unable to weapon switch, or have crap for gear like to throw around as a weakness. Fi can handle any situation in game and do it better than any other class, period. If they undid the fury stance change, then this would be debatable again.

Also, lets not mix in hybrids. Nobody starting the game will understand the virtues of a hybrid class. Its pretty much a surefire way to make a new player quit when they realize to be a fi/te, it requires them to hit 30 twice before they can actually start playing the class combo they were sold on. Hybrids have severe flaws offset by situational advantages that a newbie wont understand. Unless of course we're talking about RA/HU which is good, but it'll just lead into the moronic chirping about their personal experiences with soloing Elder as a GU/TE.

Aenslaed fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Protocol 5 posted:

How does a Fighter handle a massive swarm of enemies better than a lighting focused Fo/Te? Launcher Rangers? ... Good melee wants to utilize all of their options, which will let you cover most of the bases, but they aren't literally the best in every situation, no exceptions, that's just ridiculous.

Assault Buster with a Lambda Patty, Add Bullet with a Lambda Jerid. Raging Waltz on Windras. Yes, it wont kill it as fast, and yes its definitely a weak point if you pse burst and get only small enemies like hundreds of fish. You will still be able to clear the pack easily with these two abilities with minimal risk to yourself.

Perhaps I failed to make absolutely clear. Fighters can handle every situation in the game better than any other class can handle every situation. Every class has a weakness or several, but Fi/Hu is better in more places and weaker in less.

Protocol 5 posted:

If using sustained damage against bosses in optimum conditions is your sole metric for comparison, it's not going to reflect the actual play experience for most people.

Whether a situation is optimal has no bearing on whether you can execute properly. Whether there is a weak bullet up or not is still irrelevant to the simple truth that if you kill things very very fast, then they will have many fewer chances to kill you. As you had said, zondeel then 1 shotting enemies caught in it is important. The most dangerous enemies in the game are typically the large ones. A Krahda is not going to kill you but neither is a Cyc that you can 1 shot. Your ability to kill a lot of small enemies fast isn't as important as killing the important ones fast when talking about solo play.

Protocol 5 posted:

I was talking about Fo/Fi for taking advantage of stances to boost tech damage. If you really want to do a tech/melee hybrid, it beats the hell out of Fo/Hu in effectiveness.

Fo/Hu? What?

Aenslaed fucked around with this message at 09:22 on May 24, 2013

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

sexual Norm posted:

Can anyone estimate how much damage i'll be losing from the final product, percentage-wise, if I try to use my male cast as a force?

With a standard build (no extra t-atk ups), the base t-atk values are as such at 60/60

Human:
Male 552
Female 572

Newman:
Male 594
Female 604

Cast:
Male 530
Female 530

Its a massive difference numberwise when comparing the extremes. Damage wise, the difference isn't end of the world because of damage variance(and the lack of damage logs), but for stuff like Resta, its painfully obvious since Resta is based off base t-atk + mag + affix excluding weapon t-atk and has no variance.

Percentage wise, the difference of damage gets smaller the better equipped you are. If you are one of those people with Soul/Tech3/Abil3 units and weapons, then the difference gets smaller. To the tune of ~10% rough eyeballing. If you are wearing junk, then its a fairly massive difference. Also keep in mind, the t-atk gains are linear with level gains. You will be unable to equip many weapons till your mag is almost maxed where as a newman female will be rocking an end game 10* before hitting 45/45. This will be a huge impact on your levelling experience.

However, a large portion of the game population are more interested in character appearances and will place significant weight on costume availability and designs. If you want to play as a robot, play as a robot.

Aenslaed fucked around with this message at 23:02 on May 24, 2013

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
It translates the chatter in game during emergency codes. One very important thing it translates is the menus in xqs. No reason not to get it.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
Emergency Maintenance cancelled. AC and Player page stuff still broken.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Surprise Noodle posted:

It's better this way, really. Racial abilities sound cool on paper, but they're almost impossible to balance properly.

It'll always be too good or so bad it'll just be a sore point. No happy medium.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

ttocs7 posted:

I realize that, but 90% of the MPAs I've dealt with been empty. The one time it wasn't, the other guy had a bunch of bots too.

If that's the case, you are probably on the wrong block or playing unpopular missions. Ask fellow goons around your level what they are doing and/or consult someone on what is popular.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
Holy lol. Some in game wedding going on in b201 and they are getting super upset at anyone who questions why.

Oh, found it haha. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208495

Aenslaed fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jun 20, 2013

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Surprise Noodle posted:

It is, however, a good idea to use the Webmoney Wallet thing. Let's say you only want to buy 2000 Webmoney, either because you found a good price for that, or it's all you need, or whatever. SEGA doesn't actually offer a 2000 AC purchase option for using Webmoney, so you just add the code to your Wallet, then buy it in 2 chunks of 1000 AC.

The pre-paid code has its own balance. You can use the code as many times as you want till it's balance hits zero. You do not need to make a webmoney account.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
This for TMGs (Satellite Aim first hit).

or second hit.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
Rifle is pretty lackluster when it comes to killing enemies on the field, but you'll find that having max level Weak Bullet is indispensable when going for full breaks on bosses. Its really just a matter of knowing when and what to WB. Some bosses don't require wb at all(Rockbear), while some are almost like they were designed requiring it (Dragon EX).

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Xavier434 posted:

Why does it bother them that this information is being data mined in the first place? I am having trouble understanding how that could potentially impact their bottom line in a negative way.

It could also affect AC scratch numbers. People might save for a costume they really really want instead of spending real money on fake stuff now. Its the standard concerns with any F2P game trying to make a profit on the desperation of it's player base of dead enders.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

InfinityComplex posted:

^A person who has never taken a wand and used wand gear into battle.

Also, I keep on hearing that people say that Wands have a longer cast time than rods which is complete bullshit. They're pretty much the same and I want video proof that they're different.

Perhaps they were talking about left click swing speed? Rods do swing faster than wands.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Kessel posted:

As a gunner/ranger, what am I looking for on my Vardha set besides R-ATK? Am I looking for more HP or more PP?

An increase to your PP maximum somehow doesn't feel very useful to me because how often in a fight are you actually at the maximum?

In group situations, you'll find yourself using your rifle with wb loaded vs many bosses. Being able to consecutively homing emission what you've wb'd is vital. Since you cannot regen PP via left click while wb is loaded(without wasting wb), you will rely on the large PP pool. Also, your party members will thank you for the wb (makes them feel strong) and makes the boss easier since broken parts = boss stuns.

Observe this guy vs bosses half way (vol) and at the end(caters and quartz) of Sanct TA. He also makes use of the PP Mag device trick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG2N2336cg4

Aenslaed fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jul 5, 2013

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Bloodplay it again posted:

If I'm understanding the wiki correctly, this is the only decent gun I can buy without a 10* item pass.

Armor is a completely different story. The 9* items that require dexterity are going for over 1M meseta each. Am I missing something completely obvious? I had no issues with either weapons or armor up until this point.

The best Twin Mechs pre 10* are the Lambda Rads ラムダラディエグル. The awesome thing about these twin mechs is that they have a weapon potential on them (Immediate Strike) which increase damage by up to 5% when you successfully Just Attack (red circle thing) an attack or Photon Art. A lot of people will take that Lambda Rad, element grind it to 50 (I recommend starting with a Lightning Element Rad) and then triple potential it. The resulting weapon will be approx 5mil(a bargain) in cost to make and better than any Pyroxene 10* TM with equal grind/affixes(cheaper too). The same applies to Lambda Failnaught (double saber) and Lambda Jerid (gunslash).

If you are talking about Dark Luxe units, they should be going for 100-200k per piece. I'm not sure which units you are refering to that are 1M ea that are worth using.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

MR. J posted:

Technically you'll likely get more out of 50 elementing a Sulkrai or a Friedmalinka

50 elementing those amounts to about 1300 attack, ignoring elemental weakness. I'm not sure how a straight damage multiplier of the Lambda Radiegle's potential factors in, but those only reach 1100 attack at 50 element.

To 50 element either of those, you would have to get almost 1000 of the corresponding Pyroxene stones from AQs, and you would also need enough money to purchase the 10 or so base weapons. So at this point we're talking about weeks of grinding, several million in the 9* base weapons and still no grinds or affixes. Not to mention, similar damage as an end result. This is all stuff you can do when you are well on your way with tacos at 60/60, but for someone who is still leveling up, it is a terrible piece of advice.

Bloodplay it again posted:

I'll take a look and see if I can grab that gun once my R-ATK reaches 578. Shouldn't take too long because my MAG is almost pure R-ATK (I think I have 81-82 points in R-ATK and only 6 in dexterity) and I'm also putting points into R-ATK Boost 2. Should be able to use it by level 40. Hopefully meseta starts dropping in larger quantities once I hit VH because 5 million meseta, at my current rate, would probably take another 30 hours of urban grinding.

Yeah, I was referring to the Luxe units, but I think I was confusing the price with the minced units. Maybe I should look into something that requires S/R/T-def instead of dexterity. With the exception of my rear unit, I'm using ridiculously underpowered units.

Those are both 10* items, though. Unless I'm misunderstanding, I can only buy those from the shop with a 10* pass. At least by grinding the 9*, I can just buy cheapies from the shops. I can't even imagine how long it would take me to farm either of those guns.

The Lambda Rads you will be able to grow into as you level. Getting them to +10 will be your first thing. When you have more money, you can then affix them, and once you have some serious money and extra spheres you can potential them and element grind them. You do not have to go crazy with them and sink a ton of money in them before you even equip them.

Dark Luxe are fantastic because of the huge PP bonus they give both per piece and as a set bonus. As a gunner, you shouldn't be getting hit all too much. Gunner is a class that is best played as a glass cannon.

Aenslaed fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jul 6, 2013

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
Quadruple dash. It involves jump dash cancel, step attack cancel, weapon switch cancel and lobby action shortcut word cancelling. Its incredibly hard to explain in text.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
The general mantra in the thread is that anything relating to dashing faster, killing bosses more effectively, or trying to place importance on performing well is evil, wrong and breaking their immersion.

With triple and quad dash, you are already looking at doubling your movement speed. There are several slower but much easier ones to do like dagger and knuckle gear dashing. Those ones are very easy to master.

edit: VVVVVVV

So your gripe is with people you group with who leave you behind then? Or is the existence of movement tricks the root enabler of this behavior?

Aenslaed fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 6, 2013

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

KyloWinter posted:

That's what I'm talking about!

Is there a resource to learn how to do this? I've tried asking around in-game but the consensus was that nothing faster than running existed in this game and I shouldn't go looking.

Quad I think is just over the top because of the complexity and or neccessary rebinds to pull it off. I'll go over a few here. The basic idea is that you do 'something' to override the cooldown delay after you step (hereforth "dash"). Because blue guns and yellow t-atk stuff have their own evasion type (dive roll and mirage escape respectively), they cannot be used to do this.

Double Dash (aka Dash Jump Dash)
Requires: Any Orange s-atk weapon including Gunslash.
It is the most basic and works with every class. It is simply dash, jump right after and air dash immediately after. Repeat when your char hits the ground. Very important: some weapons have terrible dash distances *cough swords cough* so you want to be doing this with partizans or knuckles ideally. This is marginally faster but has immediate start up time. Use this while fighting for best effect to counteract that period in which your char is accelerating from a dead stop.

Step Attack Cancel (aka Knuckle Dash or Dagger Dash)
Requires: Knuckles or Daggers and Step Attack skill.
This is next up and is probably the easiest to do and also very macro friendly. You will use your step attack skill as the 'something' in this case to cancel the dash delay. Dash, attack, dash, attack, repeat. For kb+m users, hold down W, and Left mouse, and tap your evade button (x). You can button mash if you want and can macro the button mashing. Using knuckles is faster if you have knuckle gear in the fighter tree. If you do not have the gear, use daggers instead.

Triple Dashing
Requires: Two Knuckles or Daggers (or one of each) and Step Attack. Rebinding your weapon switch keys.
This dash is a combination of Double Dash, Knuckle/Dagger Dash and a new 'something thrown in, weapon switching. You start with a Double Dash and Step attack to end the air dash. At this point, you switch weapon. By default, the weapon switch shortcuts are number pad 1 through 6. If you are a concert pianist, then this wont be a problem for you. If you aren't, then visit the options menu and rebind the keys to either the number key row or the f key row. You cannot use the F/R/Mouse wheel method as it must be done in 1 key press. What this will accomplish is the removal of the jump animation from Double Dash and you will appear to dash two times in a row on the ground and air dash once. You cannot have the same weapon in two slots as there will be no weapon switch animation otherwise.

Dash Jump Dash Attack Switch1 Dash Jump Dash Jump Dash Attack Switch2 Dash Jump Dash Jump Dash Attack Switch1 etc. The italicized jump is what you wont see.

You can have two of the same weapons however (ie two nishikis). If you are having problems, try practicing it slower, focusing on hitting the step attack properly.

Triple Dash + Assault Buster
Requires: Two Knuckles or Daggers (or one of each), a Partizan and Step Attack. Hunter main or subclass. Rebinding your weapon switch keys.
The same as triple but interjecting a switch to partizan when you have enough PP. From the previous example, instead of switch1, you would switch partizan, dash, assault buster till out of PP, dash jump dash attack switch1. Also doable with Straight Charge (distance isn't as great).

Rodeo Drive
Requires: Launcher and Ranger Subclass.
Rodeo drive is actually the fastest in the game by a hair, if you cancel out of it. If you've used the Rodeo Drive PA before, you'll notice that it does a spin right at the end. The movement trick is to forward dive roll just before the twirl, maximizing forward travel. Rodeo again as soon as the Dive Roll animation completes. Supplement with Double Dash using all class weapon of choice (partizan/knuckles/daggers/GS).

RA/HU Special (aka Rodeo Drive + Dagger Dash)
Requires: Ranger main and Hunter subclass. Launcher, all class daggers.
One of the neat things the most recent level cap introduced was the hybrid RA/HU build. If you chose to devote a hunter skill tree to this build, you would have access to Step Attack while also having Rodeo Drive. Like above, you would Rodeo Drive roll cancel but instead of Double Dash, you will Step cancel with daggers instead.

Rodeo Drive and the RA/HU Special are faster than Triple Dash in shorter distances and is very easy to pull off.

If you are wondering where the movement tricks for FO and TE is, well, there are none(yet).

I strongly discourage people from doing triple dash or faster as it is totally unnecessary. Simply dropping the pattern once will negate any speed advantage you had over a macro'd knuckle dash. This is for showing off or for the technicians amongst us.

Aenslaed fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jul 7, 2013

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
reply instead of edit!

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Verranicus posted:

So, is there an auction house of any kind or should I just be vendoring all the stuff I pick up?

Generally speaking, nothing you find will be worth anything as an item. What you can come across that is worth a lot at low levels are affixes. The special effects on an item like power I, body I, Rockbear Soul, etc. The valuable affixes you can find at low levels are Mizer Soul, Vol Soul, Fang Soul and Gwana Soul. Those ones are sure money, with Mizer being worth the most by far.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
I'm going to stream Extreme Quests now. First Tower including the new 10 floors. http://www.twitch.tv/aenslaed

Doing it as a RA/HU. This is what passes for end game content right now. First few floors are easy, then it gets silly.

Edit: Finishing up the last 5 floors at 9 EDT.

Aenslaed fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 11, 2013

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
Taken shortly before I ripped the photon spheres out of his dead body.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
Tomorrow's patch is at a weird time. 4pm Eastern to 11pm Eastern. Ep2 and a bunch of other things. Most likely all translations except for the basic one will not work.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Umberger posted:

I have no idea what Namegid even does, or how practical it is to use, but keep in mind too that he is attacking a poisoned Quartz Dragon's weak point in addition to it being WB'd. The modifier is very high.

Also no word on how heavily invested in the Dark tree of Techer this person is/was.

Without the WB, ignoring its a poisoned nose, that hit is still in excess of 50k. Granted that while a single Deadly Archer can do that, its way way more than what Force has at it's disposal for a singular hit prior to now.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
What I meant was that to hit for 500k+, the ability would have to hit for 50k+ without all the additional damage multipliers(ie walk up to a rappy and hit it with this ability solo without wb and etc).

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
If PSO2 were Marvel vs Capcom, then this guy would be well on his way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQLArYNUHH4

Oh, another one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJQza63Co_Q

Aenslaed fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jul 24, 2013

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Umberger posted:

Extreme Quests are also garbage in terms of progression. You need so many spellstones to actually be able to redeem them for anything that I honestly wonder why they even bothered putting them in. Just remove the lowest tier of spellstone and make the current tier 2/3 ones drop. There's no point in farming something that you need to get 90 of to get 1 of an item which you'll need 150 of to get one weapon that's a little better than something that you could get in 2~3 runs of AQ Forest.

Extreme Quests are fantastic as they eliminate the *IF* you'll get an 11* with *WHEN* you'll get an 11*. If you pick up your XQ tickets every day, then you can realistically get an 11* after 5 months. It sounds like sarcasm, but honestly, how many people here have gotten an 11* that they WANT off Dark Falz? I've been running Falz for over half a year now and not a single 11*. I just shudder to think that my only 11* from him will be an Elysion or something similarly useless. OTOH, the XQ 11*s are high damage, low requirement, and have one of the better potentials available(Sun God). The only down side is the element and the lack of certain weapon types.

I'm not sure what item from forest AQ you are referring to besides Holy Ray and Holy Ray isn't exactly the weapon of choice for doing insane damage for most people. There aren't any 10* that surpass the XQ 11*s if you factor in potential except Gekitsnata with a good element or enemy specific weapons like potentialled Elena's Roar vs natives only and imbalanced abilities like a potentialled Devil Fork with Namegid. For general use, the 11* from the store will be the best weapons any player could ever hope to get.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Umberger posted:

A Seitenheise+10 (with Tech III and Mutation I since that's what they come with by default) has 959 T-ATK to the Koi Houou's 1111 (again factoring in its default affixes). It's a difference of ~150 T-ATK which is no doubt going to make a difference in your damage, but Seitenheise is ridiculously easy to obtain, has a useful potential, and is easier to grind. I understand that the 11*s are the best weapon most people could get, but the amount of time it takes to get them is really unreasonable and asking someone to collect 13,000+ of one item is really stupid, especially when it involves converting them twice.

I think the argument of "you'll get an 11* for sure eventually!" is also kind of lame because running something for 5 months for one single item that is likely to be outdated by the time you actually get it or at least not nearly as useful is really unsatisfying. That kind of sentiment is really discouraging to me personally.

You are not factoring in the potential. Granted Seiten's potential is nice from a support point of view, its 16% increased PP regen speed(this is 16% of base which means 2pp/5s more) but it does not compare to the 12% more damage that is additively applied after damage calculation. There is simply no way you can argue that Seiten holds a candle to a Koi Houou. Not to mention that as your character's equipment improves, the Potential makes a much larger difference.

Yes, Seiten is easy to get and every force should get it as soon as possible. However, it is by no means the weapon you want to have when you are finished the grind though. If you are still playing and looking to improve your character's equipment further, then XQ 11* are surely a better thing to aim for than a 0.0005% drop item. While you have to log in and get a ticket each day, you can easily blow through 20 tickets in a couple hours. Its not much of a grind if its a few hours each month.

Also, how are these weapons going to be obsolete? I don't understand what you mean by that? Has SEGA announced some mechanic where older weapons will do reduced damage or something?

Aenslaed fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Aug 6, 2013

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Tengames posted:

it'll be obsolete in the sense that new weapons will drop in the next area once its added, which may or may not have better stats.

Everything is hitting close to the attack power of the 11* weapons from falz, so its likely that once the new difficulty opens up, we're gonna start grinding for 11* items and every single 10* is going to be far obsolete in stats.

While stat creep and new halo items are an inevitable part of any MMORPG, there has not been many added to the game over the last year. Once the bar was set by the original Dark Falz 11-12* items, it has only been back fill over the last 9 months. Also, keep in mind. This is an MMO and they aren't going to casually dole out the best weapons in the game for free to everyone instantly with minimal effort. There may be new 11-12* items that are better but unless you have Fuxxo or Justice's luck, then you'll NEVER get one. In the mean time, you'll still have that XQ 11* which may not be the best or second best anymore, will surely still be top 5 for months!

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Protocol 5 posted:

Not for nothing, but I know for a fact there's a least one dude with an XQ trade-in sword on Ship 1, since I have partied with the guy on several occasions.

Several people have bought passes before. There are several Koi's on Ship2.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
It does affect the boss both with the amount of HP or with the damage they do. They will also drop items with the Mutation affix. No boss mechanics change with the prefixes.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

a glorious hole posted:

Can someone better at mechanics / higher level than me compare / contrast Br/Hu(Hu/Br) and Br/Fi(Fi/Br) for me? I'm trying to decide which way to go on my second character. I kind of wanna do Fighter since I've never played that yet but I feel like it would be a ton of swapping around stances.

The main reason to go BR/FI would be the assumption that you would have a status debuff on the target when it matters. That combo would be worse than BR/HU generally speaking, but the potential of damage is higher for BR/FI when you factor in Brave/Wise, Chase Advance and better base stats.

I would still go BR/HU though.

Also, Katana Bravers just aren't holding their own vs bosses right now. More easily accessible 10* Katanas may help with this, but I feel that the current set of PAs are no good for taking advantage of downed/flinched bosses(zesh on his back, wolga when its slow to get up). This is from a solo/small group boss fight perspective.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Tengames posted:

do like 20 hits with katana combat and then unleash the finish on a weakpoint. Even with a 6* non rare its still pretty powerful.

alternativey even if you put all points into s atk, buy the best bow you can and kamikaze arrow the gently caress into everything boss-like to murder it in seconds.(kamikaze arrow is amazing damage)

Katana finish only hits 1 part. Bow is not Katana. Moral of the story hasn't changed. Don't play Katana Braver at this moment.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

kirbysuperstar posted:

Oooor do it anyway if you have fun with it? Not everything has to be about maximum hits/DPS.

It doesn't have to be, except when the original question was about it!

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
You can also buy the chairs off the playershop. On ship 2 earlier yesterday, some were under 500k meseta depending on color. Its certainly a better choice to spend easy to get meseta over a time restricted currency like FUN points. Of course, this isn't a problem for people with premium, hence why 2500 FUN is worth as little as 500k.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
Bal Rodos is quite easy once you figure out his pattern.

1. Damage him as usual, preferably with your own weapons when possible. The guns don't do that much damage and are mainly there for melee characters.
2. He'll dive below the platform then do a bunch of bubble shots onto the platform while doing Shamu flops. At the end of this move, most people will try to harpoon him. Resist the temptation.
3. Following the bubbles, he'll then do the big charge up bubble. As others have mentioned in the thread, shoot it with one of the 4 machine guns (not the harpoon). The big bubble scales with the number of people present, so everyone with you must be in a gun. Shoot the big bubble after it is shot and the move should not complete. Harpoon him after this move. Have a person designated to use the harpoon gun and have them get in the harpoon gun after putting a few seconds worth of shots into the bubble.
4. Continue to harpoon him on cooldown. By using this timing, you avoid the insta kill platform swipes and this should make the fight much much easier.

Breakable parts are the top, middle and, bottom of every section of the body, the two fins, his nose horn, his face mask, and the 2 spikes on the back of the neck. The spikes on the back of the neck cannot be damaged till the mask is broken.

Aenslaed fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 11, 2013

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Miijhal posted:

I think it's time for me to take a break from the game again. There really isn't anything for me to actually do now that I've gotten some AQs out of the way and specific 10* drops and Haze Draal continue to be almost unattainable. I've used 5 or so triboosts on the beach quest, had two 8+ minute cross bursts, and fought countless rare bosses and have yet to see anything but Lambda weapons and rappy poo poo drop.

You could always try another class. You'd be surprised how much fun you have doing so and the combat experience does change pretty drastically among the archetypes.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Devour or Fire posted:

Also the only launchers, wired lances, and double sabers in the rare stone shop have 10*s as their base weapon, although I guess you could use the Falz stone launcher/dsaber and be weaker than the high-end 8-9* alternatives :yum:

With launchers, its *relatively* common to find a Cannon Legacy which when potentialed is better than the pyroxene launcher. For Dsabers, the Lambda Failnaught, fully element grinded, potentialed and affixed is better than the Stray Blower when used against correct element targets. You aren't without options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
7*. They are literally called Red [weapon type]. They were released when AQs came out and only drop in AQs. They do however, drop like candy and are purchasable from myshop for 1k meseta. They were released to establish a new baseline on gear, so people weren't going into high level content using 6*. There are still 9* options (All Lambda weapons with Immediate Strike Potential) that are better, but there is no excuse to be rocking a 6* at L50+. Bravers excluded.

• Locked thread