Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

This game is like taking an acid bath in pure, unadulterated anime. You might enter it feeling like a grumpy ole goon, but you'll come out like a shining kawaii star. The gameplay is surprisingly solid, especially for a modern SEGA game, and the weapon design is hilariously cool and over-the-top. Rarely have I been more impressed at a character creation screen than I was while making my robot wizard. The level of breast customization alone makes me feel that it is in the running for GOTY. I really urge anyone with a hankering for some MMO action to give PSO2 a shot. The language barrier is pretty minimal once you're actually in game, with nearly every person on ship 2 able to speak enough English to get by, if not fluently. In conclusion, game owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

Probably the most important thing to note in this discussion is that the amount of "fabulousness" that your character exudes is really going to have a much greater affect on other players' perception of you than your (mostly hidden (in the closet??)) numerical stat levels. Few things are more fabulous than male robot wizards, and with the right accessorizing, you'll put any slatternly waifish female newman to shame. Honestly, where do you think those girls even learn about fashion and/or magic?

Edit: Full disclosure, I am a male robot wizard irl.

Sofia Coppola_OD_ fucked around with this message at 00:16 on May 25, 2013

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

rio posted:

Is anyone using the English story mod? I played the crap out of PSOBB and would love to get into this, but I would also like to be able to understand what is going on.

I am using it. It isn't buggy or anything, but it is definitely incomplete. You'll have a very good understanding of the relationship between various characters through the matterboard and such, as all of that is translated. Pretty much all quest descriptions are translated, but not necessarily all of the fluff text that accompanies them. Various other things may be translated in one case, but not in another. As far as I know the patch currently covers 10 storyline "chapters" and I am still on the first chapter after ~14 hours of play.

All-in-all, it provides enough translated text to give you a sense of the main plot-strings as well as most of the character development stuff.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

I'm not sure that having a team really makes any difference at this point. We don't have that many active players, I play a few hours everyday and I've only really run into 3 other forums members. Since a lot of us don't have the same time schedule, and we are unlikely to really pursue the team quests, I don't think it is really something to worry about.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

pixaal posted:

I don't care at all about cosmetic poo poo but pubbies do. Oh pubbies.

You'll quickly learn that you are a minority in this game, even among forum-goers. I pretty much only play to further my transformation into couture monstrosity.

• Locked thread