Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Zurai posted:

Well, my sealed pool is pretty amazing. Two good legendaries and insane ruby cards.
Mine is less good than that but at least I got a Volcannon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I missed the tourney by 5 minutes :negative:

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
Managed to pull a single angel in my pool otherwise solid pool but not amazing. Won first match no sweat, but first game win was due to shard screw for my opponent.
Hoping I'll be able to trade the angel off for a vamp king as I already have a playset of angels.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Just won a game where I mulled to 6, keeping 4 shards, a Ruby Aura, and a Sapper's Charge, and the only creature I played was Ash Harpy on 6 and then 7 (after it got Buccaneered back to my hand). Unsurprisingly, an evasive creature with haste that gets permanent +4 power every time it attacks is good in sealed. It helped that I did draw a Turbulence to kill his Flock of Seagulls (I knew he was playing with Arcane Shield so I had to wait for a second removal spell for it).

That was game 2. Game 1 was a long, drawn-out stall that I eventually won by playing Argus after my opponent was out of counters and removal.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
My pool is incredibly godawful. Literally the only card I could even start to call a "bomb" is Fist of Briggaddon, which is completely unplayable in sealed. I have at most 1 removal card per shard (and the Ruby/Blood ones are Transfer/Lance, so I can't even reasonably splash for them).

Ended up building a wild/diamond deck banking on drawing Gigantify. Lost the first round to some guy with Mancubus and Te'talca. If I go 0-4, I will not be terribly surprised.

Edit: Actually crushed my opponenent in round 2. I guess Gigantify is pretty much a bomb, albeit one with a lot of answers.

Thoom fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 25, 2014

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Lost round 2 to an aggro Wild deck by getting hella mana flooded :( Oh well, I still should end up with at least 2 wins so I should still get my AAs.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 25, 2014

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Lost twice so far to pretty much identical Diamond / Wild decks, they had a trick each turn and I only won the matches where I got out the Volcannon

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
So far I won my first match 2-0 and lost the second match 1-2, particularly embarrassing because my opponent timed out from the first game. Unfortunately I only drew 3 resources the whole second game and drew almost nothing but resources the whole third game. Ah well, it happens.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Oct 25, 2014

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So my sealed draw got me a Vampire King and a Xentoth's inquisitor, but basically no other blood cards that are playable. So I'm playing a straight sapphire artifact deck which doesn't have anywhere near the cards I want, no rares, etc, but DOES have 3 gearsmith's and 3 Pterobot's and they are basically my workhorses so far.

So matches won, 2-0, so I'm good now even if I don't win anymore.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

I am 1-1 so far. The first round I won easily off the back of Thunderbirds with Blood Aura. Second round I went 0-2 as my opponent had a crazy deck with Zombie Plague, Master of Time, two Chaos Keys, two Counter Magics and a Xentoth's Inquisitor.

I opened a Vampire King however so I'm pretty happy about that. Hoping I can get another win to earn the AAs.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

I opened up Reginald, Eternal Guardian, and High Tomb Lord. Also an Ash Harpy. Running a Diamond/Ruby deck with quite a suite of removal, and a lot of relevant threats. Then if I somehow manage to stall out, Eternal Guardian?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Won my round 3 in the shittiest of ways: my opponent got the pass priority bug in both games and was locked out of being able to do anything, including conceding.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Since I missed the VIP by 5 minutes, I decided to do a draft. I drafted a rareless blood diamond deck, which ended up basically bears.dec. 2 Fang of the Mountain God, 3 Rage-gemmed Grim Skull Sorcerers, 3 Pegasus, plus 4 Sky'le Griffin and some removal.

I 3-0'd the tourney, the only actual game I dropped being against streamer/articlewriter Cabalpapa, who apparently ragequit the game 3 about 3/4 of the way through.

I guess that kind of makes up for missing the VIP stuff.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Woo-hoot. Ended up going 3-1 overall. Little disappointed since I felt like I had an unusually strong deck (two Incantations of Ascendance, an Eldritch Dreamer, and Gorefeast, plus buccanneers, mesmerize, and countermagic) but had bad luck in the second round and drew either zero resources or all resources both games.

Now I have a matched pair of Gralks and Inquisitors, seems like, including the 1 of each I got last month, and one more VIP ticket.

Highlight move of the tourney: Using Gorefeast to attack twice in the same round with Eldritch Dreamer, drawing the two cards I needed to transform my Incantation, giving me the blocker I needed to survive to the next round and win the game.

edit: hahah, won TWO primal packs :P That makes up for the bad resource run!

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Oct 25, 2014

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, I stayed at 2 wins, 2-2 for the tourney. My final game especially I had no answers for since the guy had my deck, plus ruby plus rares/legendaries. Oh well, need to go one more 2 win VIP this weekend and I'll have a playset.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Just went 4-0! :toot: Turns out not having an answer to Ash Harpy is "bad". My final round opponent bounced my Shadowblade Lurker 3 times. He was a 5/3 due to Lionel, but it definitely opened the way for Ash Harpy to put him on a 3 turn clock. Luckily, he didn't draw the Extinction he played the first game, but I did still have the Lurker in hand if he did, and a bit of other stuff I could have used.

Reggie got in once during round 2, but didn't pop back up. Eternal Guardian won me the first game of the tournament when I would have died within a turn or two.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
Anyone want to give me a vamp king for an angel?

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
Ended up 2-2, mostly by blind luck in round 4. My opponent AFK'd through his timer in game 1, and in game 2 I pretty much crushed him until he pulled out a mastery of time and crown of primals and brought me down to 1 health. Luckily he didn't have a followup, and ragequit when I cast Gigantify on my Dandelion Sprite.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Went 2-2 as well. Pretty happy to pick up the AAs and the Vampire King.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Here's my 4-0 deck if anyone's curious.

And the rest of the pool. Had some decent sideboarding options. Shadowblade Lurkers aren't half bad against Zared players, and Angelic Ascension came in a few times.

Sacrificial Toast fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Oct 25, 2014

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
Ugh, I was originally in blood, and in the last minute I change my colors, but forgot to change my champion. Still won match one.

E: The validation tab tells you if you don't have enough shards to play cards in your deck, it should also tell you if you can't activate your champion's ability.

E: 2-0, who needs champions? Match 2 was against someone who had living totem AND soul marble.

E: Round 3 rage quit. I'm going to be thrilled if I get 2 of each AA without being able to use my champion.

Gross Dude fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Oct 25, 2014

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Gross Dude posted:

Ugh, I was originally in blood, and in the last minute I change my colors, but forgot to change my champion. Still won match one.

E: The validation tab tells you if you don't have enough shards to play cards in your deck, it should also tell you if you can't activate your champion's ability.

E: 2-0, who needs champions? Match 2 was against someone who had living totem AND soul marble.

E: Round 3 rage quit. I'm going to be thrilled if I get 2 of each AA without being able to use my champion.

I suppose it happens less in sealed, but sometimes in limited my draft is so good my champion power is just icing on the cake.

Grats to everyone who got some AA's, I think I'm going to play in the next two tournaments to use my tickets up. The influx of AA's is dropping the price, almost to the point where I might just buy them to make a set and try to sell any extra's I get mid month.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Streaming my VIP tourney, let's see how this goes:

http://twitch.tv/lightreaper

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Hah, this tourney my cards are a total pile. Best rare: Hero of Adamanth

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Inquisitor, Malice Demon, Zombie Plague, double Transfer, Cloud Titan, double Buccaneer, double Time Ripple, Stormcall.

Okay, sure.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I went with a nice aggressive Sapphire Wild, with a few auras and spellshielded Wendigo and Boulder Brute. The only one of my rares I ended up using was a Prophet of Lodegan, which seems pretty good in the format.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Got Eye of Creation and Wild Root Dancer, made a diamond/wild deck. I won my first round, but my troops are a little on the questionable side and almost didn't play Eye of Creation. I had two warhulk construction plans and a volcannon and was thinking about forcing sapphire and running Bertram, but decided against it in the end.

Edit: Made it to 2-0 again, Wild Root Dancer has won me 2 games so far. I got to cast Eye of Creation once using 7 mana and it was a dud.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 25, 2014

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm at 2-1, so that completes my playset. Yay!

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat
I am currently 3-0 against my opponents, but 0-2 against Hex TCG for a record of 1-2.

Deck's double corpse fly, Inquisitor, Buccaneer with triple Devoted Emissary alongside triple Mazat ranger and double Shamed Gladiator as goodstuff

Ended up running Bertram because I have a eurig, but probably should have gone for Zared anyways. And maybe this was actually the mythical air superiority deck?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Ended up going 2-2, which is good enough for me. My losses were getting absolutely stomped by my deck/infamousneo with a Soul Marble, and a close 2-1 with a sapphire blood deck. Just need one more copy of each for my playset.

Also, I got a Primal. Hell Yes. Now to decide if I should sell it or crack it.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Went 4-0! :woop: Here's my deck: (Not shown is 1 Noble Citizenry.)

Wild Root Dancer was MVP, won me like 4 games. Just having fliers in general and my opponent having no way to deal with them one me another few games. Eye of Creation was useless, but glad I still got it because it convinced me to go wild instead of trying to force saph/dwarves.

Round 4 match two was the most intense match I've played. The board was stalled, my opponent had a 6/6 brute, manti, 3-4 bunnies and a noble citizen. I had Root Dancer out and got two swift strike troops up to 6/6 along with 3-4 other random troops. In my hand I had repel, wild growth and wild aura and was able to cast all of them.

Opponent cast Onslaught... Fortunately with my root dancer buffed swiftstrike troops and those 3 tricks I was able to survive an onslaught turn where my opponent attacked with like 7 creatures. Was able to win the round on the attack back with the creatures I had left.

I thought I might have made a mistake by picking the +5 health champ, but I would have lost the second game in round 4 if I hadn't had that champ. Stressful but fun! Also got a Primal pack finally, first one since near beginning of beta.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Only went 2-2 due to some tilting (Ingenuity Engine hitting Eternal Guardian with him at 8) and losing two rounds to my clock.

My deck was probably a 3-1 or better deck and I just got unlucky.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
3 pieces of removal across 3 colors this is going to be a poo poo sealed. No bomb rares (4/6 unplayable).

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011

Karnegal posted:

3 pieces of removal across 3 colors this is going to be a poo poo sealed. No bomb rares (4/6 unplayable).

I was about to post almost this exact thing. I can't play the three colors together but I do have the advantage that I also have a sappers charge.

Just attacking with dorks is probably enough to get something around 2-2 so I don't feel too bad.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Slifter posted:

I was about to post almost this exact thing. I can't play the three colors together but I do have the advantage that I also have a sappers charge.

Just attacking with dorks is probably enough to get something around 2-2 so I don't feel too bad.

I hope I can 2-2 with this pile. It's pretty rough. I think Boulder Brute might be my best card.

I have a Crown of Primals but no removal in red and only like 3-4 other cards I actually want to play.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I got Fist of Brigg and Comet Strike, did get 2 Lord Alexanders and a Gralk. I'm doing what I hate to do in sealed and going tri-shard, I do have two shard fixing cards at least.

Might be some goon on goon violence this tournament!

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011
Well, my opponent can also choose not to show up giving me my first game. It looks like my deck is probably better than yours because my allstar is probably going to be Battle Beetle, though the removal suite of Zared, Sorrow, Atrophy, and Sappers Charge leaves much to be desired.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Got ran over by a spellshielded Eldrich Dreamer in round 1, not looking good. I think my best bet at this point is to sideboard out my ruby cards, put in another Oracle Song and hope to draw my Volcannon.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
I managed to use my one good rare (the transcended) with lorgoyle to recast my single Inner Conflict on every creature my opponent played until he whiffed on topdecks and I grabbed a pair of fliers to beat in for the win. It was a hilarious 20 minute game that he should have conceded as soon as it was clear that I wasn't ever going to swing in with my Transcended (he was also W/D). He also saw me recover a Captain of the Dragon Guard, even if he did find a way to kill the Transcended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011
Round two I lost a tight game 1, some issues getting enough shards but it was still really close. Game two mull back to back one shard hands keeping a hand with a Brave and shards. Proceed to rip shard, shard, Brave number 2, shard, Feral Ogre, shard, Executioner and lose. Feels bad being on the wrong side of variance.

• Locked thread