Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Exclusive posted:

Whoa some of these cards and ideas are so interesting.

So the Spectral Lotus transforms into a Black Tiger after use permanently (even after the game ends). There a Spectral Lotus Garden card that creates a Spectral Lotus and adds it your collection the first time you login each day. The concept of cards that manipulate your collection and are not used in decks is super cool. I do wonder what effect this will have on the availability and price of certain cards. I would expect the Spectral Lotus to be low-value since the production of it can be 100% controlled by players.

The spectral lotus garden also lets you combine 4 black tigers back into a spectral tiger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/CoyotleFemaleMage.jpg

This is the worst

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

It's mind blowing the utter cesspit the official hex forums are. It's almost like it's the storm drain of runoff youtube comments.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

The last day or two will probably have most of the people who are upset about no more GK/Pro tiers buying into king or DC.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

SilverMike posted:

That'd be nice except it was at -5 so -4 still ain't happening for anyone else.

And just in case it was missed in my earlier edit, does anyone know how you'd trade pledge levels with someone? Trying to time it through KS would be way too risky...

Find someone trust worthy to act as an escrow and trade the account codes after the kickstarter.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Yeah, you might be completely right. I just think the PvE side is likely to get less attention for a few reasons:

1) The company and the game's history are mostly focused on PvP (even accounting for Cory's history as the inventor of "raid decks" and so forth).

2) The money for this game is going to come from people buying booster packs of PvP cards. PvE is free hit, PvP is the drug being sold. So it seems likely more developer time will go to the product itself rather than the gateway.

3) There aren't any artificial blocks to prolong raid content -- there aren't any raid timers, etc. So the hardcore players are going to BURN through the PvE content pretty quickly. Which is fine and by design -- the whole idea is they get bored with that and try the PvP game -- but it means the value of PvE is going to be limited.

I don't think they will neglect PvE at all.

They have stressed time and time again that they are building a fun and flesed out PvE experience, I doubt they will neglect it after stressing this so much. Building a healthy large community should be far more important to cryptozoic than short term profits. If this game attains a healthy community, the vast majority of its players will not be hardcore players. A game where one moment you can be fighting someone across the globe with your cards, and then the next fighting with your friends against some tough goal is great gameplay contrast. Constant quality PvE content can lead to players feeling fond of their account/accomplishments, which can lead to paying real money for PvE stuff. I imagine that if PvE doesn't net cryptozoic large revenue, then at least it should subsidize the cost which is worthwhile for creating a large community.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

thiswayliesmadness posted:

I'm curious to see how they handle people disconnecting during a match, especially tourney's or booster drafts. Personally, I dislike letting people back into matches after they get d/c'd, as it encourages people to pull their connection once the match starts going south (I'm looking at you With Authority!). It sucks if you legitimately get d/c'd during something big, but how often does that actually happen? More than one way to handle it, and the "reconnect in 30 seconds and we'll continue the match" method is probably the best.

I take it we'll be waiting 2-3 weeks for them to get their funding in hand at least before we get alpha access. Eager to give it a whirl, and The Waiting Game doesn't come with any kickstarter bonuses. Any deck types that have really peaked peoples interest? Dwarves seem like they'll have good long term potential to grow with. Drawing more cards, making artifacts cheaper, and artifact creation cards are likely easy things to get use out of in further expansions. Inspiration seems like a long term boon too, but I'd like to see a mono-element inspiration deck in action that might be a bit faster than the multi ones we've seen.
Reasons for a DC:
* Modem crashes
* Computer crashes
* Program crashes
* WiFi

a 30 second timer does nothing for all except program crashes. I hope it's a 5 minute window.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Vincent Valentine posted:

The thing is, since it's a free to play game there's nothing stopping me from getting three accounts, putting VIP on all three of them, then mailing the weekly boosters to my main account. $4 x 3 = $12, with one dollar a week for draft fees coming out to total $16. That's one dollar more than I pay for World of Warcraft each month, and a draft a week(three packs minimum) is worth a lot more than hoping Iron Qon gives me my loving shoulders this week(he won't).

Allowing us to stack them merely streamlines the process and is convenient. I can understand why they'd want to not make it easy, but I can also see merit in making giving them more money an easy process. After set 1, anyway. (or year one for many people).

They have said they will ban you over abuse of the VIP system.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/hex-shards-of-fate-6410011/ ?

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

A booster pack with all cards being a mixture of rare/legendary, including a legendary treasure chest. When a booster pack is bought there's a small chance it will be a primal pack. Not sure if boosters won from a tournament can be primals.

Bobbin Threadbear fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jun 13, 2013

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Vincent Valentine posted:

Will VIP packs have this chance?
The only thing I've seen cryptozoic write about it, is that it's a random chance when buying packs. I imagine torunament/VIP will though, cryptozoic seems very fan friendly.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Finally, a use for my Olly.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

If Cryptozoic is genuine in their fan-first stance, it seems like they would opt to make it common. Buying expensive mana cards doesn't seem fun. :yayclod:

Bobbin Threadbear fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jun 14, 2013

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Fixing at common can mess with limited environments too much.

Figured it would. :shobon:

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Pinwiz11 posted:

You don't need to memorize all 300 cards. You only need at least know what the good ones are, or learn how to evaluate the cards on the fly. Knowing the Commons is the most important thing since you'll see them the most, followed by Uncommon, and so on. I try to get a handle on the removal spells and combat tricks of a set, because that will let me know what my opponent will be able to cast at any time.

Drafting takes practice, but it's a blast. Hopefully they'll have the Swiss option like on MTGO so you can get maximum playing time for your money if you choose.
They have comp draft, casual draft and swiss draft.

http://hextcg.com/game/tournaments/

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

More importantly, during alpha we'll have free drafting. Perfect time to learn how to play.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

Anyone who's coming to Hex from Magic will be selling some boosters to supplement their drafts. I already sank $250 into this, I don't expect to put any more for quite a while.
This is my first tcg so I definitely feel like this as well.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Gross Dude posted:

devouring any information I can get my hands on regarding it.

Check out http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23180 if you haven't.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

goldjas posted:

By the way, I just thought of something to ask here because it occurred to me while posting in another thread about an online card game:

I am looking forward to this game but there is one thing that if it does, I absolutely can not and will not buy it.

My question is, is this game like Solfourge where if say, I have one card (let's call him Bob) and 5 decks, I could theoretically have that one Bob in every deck if I want to.
Or is it like Duel of Champions, where you can only have said Bob card in one deck at a time, and if I want to use him in multiple decks I have to literally go in and edit him out of one deck and into another one.

It's like Solforge.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Wheeee posted:

Given my complete inexperience with TCG/CCG games I have no idea about the current Slacker Backer buy-in, is it looking like a good deal or something to hold off on until the community get their hands on the game?

The thing that makes the slacker backer option decent is the alpha access. During the alpha we should have access to every card in the first set, as well as free drafts. I think drafting is an awesome way to learn the game; it teaches you fairly quickly the fundamentals of Magic strategy.

The alpha will last several months, so as long as you utilize the free drafts the best you can, you should be able to learn the game much quicker than you otherwise would be able to when drafts start costing money.

Bobbin Threadbear fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Sep 10, 2013

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Could someone share the link for those of us that are still waiting for our invite?

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

N/a

Bobbin Threadbear fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Oct 10, 2013

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Uploaded the game folder to Mega NZ. I manually downloaded all the large files that kept getting dropped, so according to the repair tool it's 100%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

FunkyToe posted:

Thanks! This works. You rock. I'm finally in the game.

Cheers :)

Bobbin Threadbear fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 10, 2013

• Locked thread