Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rinski
Sep 12, 2007

Veyrall posted:

I'm glad the gameplay seems good, because the flavor is three kinds of rear end in a lot of cases. I mean, the Shin'Hare are a near clone of the Skaven. The Dwarves are Goblins. There's a race of peaceful, spiritualistic furries with nary a trace of irony that are shaping up to be the Mary-Sues of the setting. The humans are the exact same humans we've gotten in every setting. The elves are the exact same elves that we've gotten in every setting. I mean, it's still early, and Magic's flavor wasn't so enthralling when it was first released, but goddamn.

The Vennen are a bit cool though. Spider-Orcs is a legitimate thing I haven't seen before.

Like you said, I think that's something that will likely come with time, and it's something people have mentioned to them. I mean, the game kind of blatantly rips off other games, subtly and overtly. One of their cards is a functional reprint of Man-o'-war. I'm hopeful that, once the game gets going, they'll have a bit more leeway to develop it in their own unique way.

Even if they don't, it'll be Magic 2 with a better online multiplayer client. That in and of itself seems worthwhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

Karnegal posted:

It's a fun tablet game. I kickstarted it for more than I wish I did given it's slow development pace. The $20 isn't really a sale, and the features that let you make a F2P collection aren't implemented yet (deck building only arrived a week ago). The release version is still a few months away and that won't be fully featured either. I'd check back up on it in 6-8 months if you don't already have money in it.

They just rolled out the ability to play against others online, so it's more of an actual game now. It's fun. Not terribly deep, but fun.

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

I just remembered Hex was a thing because I've been distracted by SolForge. Assuming I'm one of the Grand Kings who gets Alpha on the 8th, let's have a goon stream party on Twitch! :toot:

Seriously though who launches something on a Tuesday what an awkward day to do anything.

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

The keep name is what appears in chat, so I'm just naming myself rinski. That just means all my card knights are going to be "of rinski," like I'm a meta-being whose sentient components splinter off the main hive for deckventures.

vvv Edit vvv: would be down for that.

rinski fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Sep 27, 2013

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

Assuming things go off without a hitch, I'm probably going to be streaming some Hex tonight at like 7 or 8pm EST (UTC-5). I may or may not be joined by a very powerful wizard. Who else will be streaming some beautiful Hex footage?

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

Yeah, sorry guys, looks like I won't be able to stream tonight. Only at 30% after a few hours. Oh well. Tomorrow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

I started my download at 6:30pm last night and have woken up to find the downloader is at 98.7%. I'm mostly impressed.

• Locked thread