Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Zurai posted:

Hell, Pack Raptor is incredibly strong by itself. It's a Plague Rats for 2 less cost that generates more of itself AND has a special ability that I'm assuming is first strike (it isn't haste; that's called speed in Hex). I'm not expecting it to survive until release as 1-cost.

On the other hand, every time you play one, you clutter your deck with four more of them so you'd better have a way to speed up card draw or you can enjoy the horrors of a bloated deck in a genre where controlling what you draw is godly. 1 cost really might be suitable for them.

0 cost Orson's changes are just silly though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

I remember theorycrafting Type 1 Magic and using Lotuses for ridiculous perfect Turn 1 setups. The way I'm reading the Phantasmal Grips equipment on this would give you a very good shot at pulling all the parts of a complex and expensive setup together once every four days. If you assume a draw where you're able to eventually pull all four of your Lotuses, you're looking at 12 mana and threshold with 7-10 random cards left in your hand and 1-4 Black Tigers, and the ability to cycle out some of those cards up to 4 times to fish for your combo.

If the theorycrafter in you isn't drooling at that setup being legitimately possible in a game I don't know what to say to you.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Yeah, it's definitely worded for two rolls, get one of them. Maybe you get to see both choices, maybe not, that's not clear from what he's said there.

Edit: I just saw a DC spot open while I was trying to get a cheap King pledge, so how would it be possible to trade it to someone else?

SilverMike fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 5, 2013

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

That'd be nice except it was at -5 so -4 still ain't happening for anyone else.

And just in case it was missed in my earlier edit, does anyone know how you'd trade pledge levels with someone? Trying to time it through KS would be way too risky...

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

I gave it another listen, carefully this time. His wording is too ambiguous to definitively say one way or the other how the DC +100% works. It'd be nice to get double loot but until further confirmation I'd conservatively lean toward one drop, two shots at a good rarity.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

I wouldn't care about the difference between 0% and 80% personally. If I want it to play with, I'll take it from 0% and make the card a foil myself. If I want to collect it, I'll go for the already-foil so I don't have to play a bunch of games featuring the card to get it shiny. There's some room for minor valuation changes but those are almost certainly going to come down to personal preference (stupidity?) and be ignored for general trade value.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Put back to its original state, isn't it? There are a bunch of effects that will change values permanently barring something new happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Zurai posted:

^^^ Pretty sure it just reverses a transformation and doesn't affect permanent attack/defense/cost/text changes.

It means to change a troop that's transformed back to its original form. For example, if you reverted the troop which was previously the target of Polymorph: Dingler, it would return to whatever it used to be.

I was going off of this:

Zombie Plague:
At the start of your turn, add a plague counter to this constant. Then, reveal and random troop from each opposing champion's deck for each plague counter on this constant. Those troops get permanent -1Attack/-1Defense. If a troop's Defense is reduced to 0 this way, revert it, transform it into a Zombie, and put it into play under your control.

• Locked thread