Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Hey there. So, I think maybe my reading comprehension is terrible or something but can someone explain to me what Spectral Lotus does?

So, for [0], it basically cycles itself. Then, if I briefcase it, I gain +3/+0 (Me? Like, myself?), gain 3 THRESHOLD (I forget what this is again), and it comes back to my hand except as a Spectral Tiger.

THRESHOLD is not a resource, right? It's, like, different colours or whatever? So I gain 3 of them -- does it have a colour?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Ah, thanks for the clarification; it makes sense when you put it that way.
And I guess getting a 3/1 for 0 that double can-trips is ok.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Welp, jumping on board at the King tier. God knows I've spent way more on Magic for way less.
Hope this goes over well!

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Korak posted:

A giant gently caress you to every 'collector' type of person?

Isn't this what the AH would be for? I mean, if you REALLY want it, I'm sure you could find a way to get it.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

It sounded like picking on of the mutually exclusive cards would block your account from obtaining the other card, by any means.

If that's true then that's unfortunate. I figured for the Arena cards or whatever you could buy from the AH whatever card you didn't choose. As for factions, I thought you'd probably be getting cards from doing quests or grinding rep with them and able to put the reward on the AH if you choose. If your entire account is locked out from a card that'd be,... pretty crappy. That being said, the Kickstarter rewards will never be attainable again so I guess there's precedent for being locked out of cards.

Edit:
Yeah, PvE only, I imagine. If there were PvP cards that were exclusive that would be terrible.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Rhaegar posted:

I wonder what will happen if you disconnect while picking cards for a booster draft?

If it's anything like MODO it'll select the worst possible card for you.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Midrena posted:

we have a 3 minute reconnect timer, that if you lose connection during a game, you have 3 minutes to log back in and you will be automatically rejoined to that game.

That's kinda lovely. Just let it run their clock. If I ever had a disruption of service and had to restart my modem I would not make it back in time.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

pumpinglemma posted:

If it just ran their clock, in a tournament setting you'd have to sit staring at your screen for half an hour whenever anyone ragequit. With a disconnect timer, people can wait three minutes then go play PVE until the next round. Maybe three minutes is a little too short, but does it really take that long to restart a modem? I know from experience it takes less time than that to reset a flaky router.

Right, in a tournament setting you are playing best of 3. So if they decide to rage quit 1 minute into their first game I suppose that's their prerogative. It's 30min each player for the entire round. Even if you have a really lovely draw you will play out most of game 1 and maybe concede if you can't get anything going. Then you still have game 2 and maybe even game 3.

Blazing Zero posted:

Well the clock seems to be standard at 30 mins so unless they reduce that for drafts and tournaments, I suspect there will be lots of cry babies disconnecting as soon as they sense the match going south for them. Only to wait until the last minute to reconnect for the win. That's why a disconnect timer is needed.

There still may be a problem where the loser just goes to do other stuff for 27 minutes and then comes back to try and win. I agree with whomever earlier said they should just copy and paste MTGO's timer system. As far as I remember, it worked great.

This doesn't make any sense at all. If you leave for 27 minutes, with your clock running, you have literally 3 minutes to win 2 matches.

Edit: Maybe it is not clear that your personal game clock DOES NOT PAUSE when you get DC'd. It just keeps ticking. The earliest I can see someone pulling the cord on their internet because they're getting mad at vidya games is during game 2. They've probably already spent around 15 minutes of their game clock at that point.

BambooEarpick fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jun 8, 2013

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Blazing Zero posted:

There is a slacker backer option on the kickstarter if you're interested.

Can't find info on where you go to sign up for that though. VIP is their 4$ a month thing that gives you 1 booster a week for one dollar ea. instead of two ea. plus some other benefits that I don't remember or aren't announced. Aren't I helpful?

Wait, so for 4 dollars you can buy 4 packs for 4 dollars. That,... uh... doesn't sound like you're saving money.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Vincent Valentine posted:

Maybe you misunderstood?

A pack is usually $2. So if you were to buy 1 pack per week it would be $8 at the end of a month.

VIP costs $4 a month and it awards you a free booster each week, or $1 per pack. Half off.

I did misunderstand. One booster a week for $1 each made it sound like you got a dollar discount off of a pack, once a week (that you had to buy). I now understand that you get a FREE pack, once a week, for signing up for VIP (which is 4 dollars). I highly doubt they'd let us stack VIPs otherwise 12 dollars (+4 tix/platinum/dollars) would mean 4 drafts a month. That would be amazing.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Yeah, I doubt anyone but late adopters will be clamoring for VIP during Set 1. Even then, packs on the AH will probably be like 1bux or less just because of the heavy influx of packs.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Jedit posted:

There's no gameplay in that video whatsoever, just an irritating douchebag with a Hitler moustache.

Wow, so first of all I thought you were joking when you said Hitler mustache. Nope. He is rocking the mother-loving Hitler like it's 1941. Secondly, it's like they hired this guy to be the biggest jackass ever, holy poo poo.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Traditional Games › Hex: Shards of Fate - Wanted to punch that Hitler so bad

So, is Crypto only going to post an update once a week or so? I mean, I don't expect them to have a guy writing an article everyday but since they've taken my money it'd be nice to know what's going on.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
This is the first thing I've ever Kickstarter'd. I wasn't aware that once a week was considered a lot; I feel like not garnering enough attention is a sure fire way to kill off your game. I have a friend that backed SolForge and when I asked him about it he wasn't even sure if it came out yet. (I think it's in beta on ipads?) Hell, I was pumped as heck for Hearthstone when it was first announced and I signed up for the beta but they've been pretty quiet about it since and it seems entirely forgettable now.

I guess I'll just sit tight!

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
"Neat, there must be some new news about Hex because there's like 30 new posts!"

Steak chat.

The one true steak is from glorious Nippon, or Japan for all you gaijin. The only beef that should be used for steak is Wagyuu beef. It's taste,... it's just so,... Moe~

Edit: Beta is like, what, September-ish? That feels like forever from now.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Wait, so you get chests and you can sit on them? They're not automatically opened with the rest of your pack? So you just sit on your chests until there's an event and crack them all? Or is their loot table determined at the time you open the pack?

Edit: Thanks, I'm retarded. I actually read the entire announcement and managed to forget about that passage. Cheers.

BambooEarpick fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jul 13, 2013

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
So, I missed the live stream or whatever. Does anyone know if it was saved someplace?

Edit: Weird, I thought there was one this past friday or something but I guess it was just a fevered dream? :confused:

BambooEarpick fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Selane posted:

There was a Hearthstone stream yesterday, maybe you were thinking of that. :haw:

Yeah, apparently I'm mixing up all my digital games.

• Locked thread