Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

That entirely depends on how far back you want to look, to get a snapshot of the current decks ruling the roost https://www.mtgtop8.com is quite useful, you can then search for the decks in there to get a better understanding of it. Of course if you want the shortest path the MTG threads in this very subforum, the Main Thread and Deck building brewhaus can service you very nicely with goon Advice.

For at least my understand since you have played two of the main changes are that creatures are now much better than they were and that there have been some changes to combat and the stack (in that Combat damage no longer can be responded to, so you can't 2 for 1 with sac effects).

As for hex without a better understanding of the core set I think it is mostly guesswork at the moment, though I feel that multi colour decks will be very viable with the threshold mechanic as it is harder to get flooded of one type of your mana, epsecially if there are good cards at 1-2 threshold (In essence instead of you needing to assign specific Mana colors like in magic, you have a simple check requirment of having played X number of a given type of Mana source and mana is all colorlessness.. In magic if you only have one source of red and a hand full of red spells you tend to be poo poo out of luck but in Hex if they need 1 Ruby you can play 1 ruby and then 6 Wild (the green analogue) and still play them all.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

One thing I was curious, we have mostly seen positive decks (Card advantage, Spam creatures that kind of thing) What sort of presence is counter magic and interference going to have, for example with colourless mana (in essence) I am curious if we can can we attack opponent's thresholds with certain cards.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

If it isn't too much trouble I am just curious, I mean considering buff's can be permanent now it kind of takes a pin out of control's cap, harder to get value when the buff stays even if it is bounced or destroyed etc I am curious what options they have.

Yeah I would agree nuking threshold would suck, I am just curious if there is a way to stop an opponent ramping into big value apart from murdering them (As I play Junk Re-animator in Magic right now I am part of that very problem I will admit) and it can feel very bad, I was just curious how it was presented as I am not very familiar with what if any the WoWTCG has in that regard.

If you are doing the posts blinkman do you also handle responding to messages on Kickstarter?

Also will there be options to just draft with my friends/other goons I mean with the abundance of packs from the Kickstarter (as I am in for Grand King) can we setup a goon only draft if we have the product/tickets? I mean I plan to drop some of my 30 pack "Gifts" on just throwing them for goon drafts to get us playing the game and such if that is possible.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Hey, so I know a lot of people on here got in at GK and I know there's going to be at least one goon guild. What I'm wondering is whether or not you all plan to give the extra boosters to yourselves, or if I could snag some.

I'll Probably offer at least one or two of the Guildmaster packs I get from GK for Goon Only Drafting

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I think to be fair at least with the first set you'll have a lot of practice (what with so many boosters floating around) to draft, heck I'm sure if people wanted we could do goon draft leagues with breakdowns of why X or Y was a good pick to help learn drafting strategy afterwards.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

So this week's card previews showed something that I think was brought up the first time the resource mechanic was revealed, a land that gives +1 total Resources but not one this turn and gives you any color threshold your deck provides, seems like a pretty good version of the dual Land archetype.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Spincut posted:

Has Cryptozoic made any mention of if/when they're taking down the Slacker Backer option?

Latest update said it will stay in for alpha and be gone sometime around beta I think, they said theyll give some warning before they do so you can have your last chance

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Yeah the problem with Mircale is the fact it can be an unanswerable effect (Like bonfire which is just brutal unless you are playing counter magic (and even then you have to deal with the threat of it the entire game) whereas this doesn't have anywhere near the instant effect.

For those who aren't up to date with Magic, miracle was a similar effect from a recent set where if a card was the first you drew in a turn you could cast it for a much reduced cost, the most efficient one of these was Bonfire of the Damned which could with a lucky draw not only deal efficient damage to your opponent but also kill every creature on his side of the board.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

BenRGamer posted:

I took nothing as I'm still waiting for my Wave 2 invite. :smith:

Has there been any word on when the $250 tiers will be getting in? I'm guessing not this week, though.

No idea, they need to figure out how to fix some issues which does not have an expected ETA yet

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Grim posted:

From the latest update
Now that you're one of us Shaggy you better not lose :orks101:

But what if a goon wins the tournament, who do we root for?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

First you share a shaggy dog story then talk about how you wish the game was more of a Drag, really?

For serious is anyone making any good shin-hare decks, I really like the spawn tokens/sacrifice dynamic but I am pretty bad at making something that works?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Karnegal posted:

Ugh only 2/155 Primals. even less since I assume that include the free ones

4/155 here

How are we gonna communicate for bet?
Also I was thinking of holding back some of my free sets of 30 packs for Goon Draft/sealed events or something, any idea when we could do that?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Karnegal posted:

Do you mean as prizes or just so you have draft fodder?

As Prizes and or play material for all the goons to use for the tournament

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Mikujin posted:

Keep in mind that all action cards that do not end at end of turn in HEX are, in MTG terms, all enchantments with Flash. Except they go one step further by becoming permanently encoded on the card.

Ruby Aura up your Arena Brawler on T3 and you now have a 4/1 Swiftstrike (First Strike). Get Time Rippled or Buccaneered? Who cares, next turn you have a 3 drop that's a 4/1 with Swiftstrike.

I might have just taken this advice a little to heart (maybe too much)

• Locked thread