Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I wonder how the Auction House is going to play out, as this is a Trading Card Game I wonder if you will be able to put up actual trades or if you will need to sell your cards for Gold and then use that to buy other cards?

Also I really need to stop myself from going up to the $2,500 tier - this is the worst (best?) case of Kickstarter fever I've ever had, wish I had paid attention to this one sooner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
With the combination of Kickstarter and PayPal, I assume if a slot opens up on a Pro / Grand King that it wouldn't have enough time to go up on the Hex webpage list for PayPal pledges - so the only way to grab it would be to make multiple kickstarter accounts if you already have a tier you want to keep hold of?

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I wonder about the mechanism of combining multiple tiers - will it get to the point where we have multiple login credentials and then ask them to be merged or will there be something in the Kickstarter backer survey (presumably people who used PayPal will also get some kind of survey too)?

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Man trying to snipe one of the Pro-Player / Grand King tiers is a huge pain in the rear end, because there are so many other people trying to do the same thing you have about 2 seconds to grab it before they do - the number of times I have turned my back for a second at work or gone to answer the door at home and missed out, it's infuriating :argh:

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm already down for collector but I mean if we can combine accounts then why not try to get 4 of the better rewards all rolled into one?

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure we'll have a clarification sooner or later so I'm not worried about it for now (I am the kind of person who wants to have 1 of everything but if I can't trade for it then I'll just get over it)

Anyway I am really looking forward to the game, I have probably pledged more money than is wise but that's just part of the fun! I'm already enjoying myself just thinking about spreadsheets and sperging out hard over stuff - it's gonna be great!

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So of the 10 thousand-plus backers so far there will be 6,084 copies of Spectral Lotus Garden floating around, generating a new Spectral Lotus each day you log in (plus converting Black Tigers back into Lotus') - because non-backer players will take a while to start showing up I can't help but think that Spectral Lotus' will be really common for a long time...

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I got an answer to the question of how accounts will be combined;

Cryptozoic Entertainment posted:

Hello Grim,

Yes, you'll contact our customer service department when the Beta goes live.

Thanks.
So now we know!

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Only if people put packs on the Auction House and ask for gold though, right?

Do we know with the Auction House whether you can specify gold / platinum as the cost of an item? Whether it forces you into one or the other depending on the product?

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I found a nugget amongst the poo poo on the official Hex forums:

Cryptozoic posted:

If you have two Raid Leaders that have entered a raid each player will still only start with 1 Raid Leader's Blessing card in play, but will have +2 cards in their opening hand
I always assumed it would be fixed at +1, kind of interesting

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Yea, it seems like all the Grand Kings will want to group with other Grand Kings when raiding instead of their friends

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I wonder, if you check a deck into the Guild Bank and it contains a card like Spectral Lotus - would playing that card actually use it up? Would make it hard to test decks that contain them if it did, and you can only play that deck against other Guild members anyway

Edit: I additionally wonder if we will be getting multiple copies of the Equipment for the Kickstarter reward cards; if a Collector tier gets 3 copies of Replicator's Gambit do they also get 3 copies of The Mirrorblade?

Grim fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Jun 4, 2013

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Kairos posted:

Equipment is something you equip on your champion, not the card. For example, if two cards have a piece of equipment that goes in the gloves slot, you have to choose one and not the other. So you don't need more than one of any equipment.
Yes but you can trade equipment - I'm just trying to tally up what I can expect for the silly amount of money I have pledged, how common will these things be once the rewards start coming in might be useful to know

edit: plus I think you smelt down equipment / cards as part of the Crafting system?

Grim fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jun 4, 2013

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sacrificial Toast posted:

Well, anyone who has those exclusive kickstarter cards also have the equipment for them, so others will have no use for it unless the cards get sold as well.
Replicator’s Gambit is a regular PVP card though, we're just getting an Alternate Art version (plus equipment)

I recon that they won't be giving out multiple copies of the equipment though, which is good because that makes them more tradable :)

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm confused again about the $660K stretch reward

quote:

we're going to give you one more copy of every single Kickstarter exclusive PVE card aside from Spectral Lotus!
The fact that it says one more implies that you have to qualify for the tier where those PVE cards were unlocked (which I am totally okay with / hope is the case) but I was assuming earlier that the whole lot of PVE cards went to every backer (even $1), I'm trying to sperg hard over spreadsheets here and it's bugging me :spergin:

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Blinkman987 posted:

Your tier must contain the cards to get the +1 bonus.

Many of the rewards specify Squire to Producer. At $1, there is no card reward.
Excellent :)

Getting the jist of how many people have the exclusive cards but NOT the equipment (and people who have neither), there are at least a few thousand in the Kickstarter backers alone so anyone who is combining multiple accounts shouldn't have a hard time selling excess equipment for platinum (assuming we get to choose whether to sell for gold / platinum, but I assume from other comments that we will be able to)

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

What a Judas posted:

No, they made it very clear on the stream that you would get 2 rolls but you would only get one of the results: the better of the two.
I thought that's what I heard but thought because nobody else brought it up that I must have misheard :downs:

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Just thought I would share:

Cryptozoic Entertainment posted:

Grim posted:

I had a question about the Auction House - will we need to put every item up individually, or can we sell things in lots (eg; a card and it's equipment)?
Hello Grim,

You'll be able to sell things in multiples and lots.

Thanks.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
It's talking about the way cards are put into the pack in the first place will mimic the way they would have been "randomly" packed if they were done on a mechanical hopper

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I thought you were still restricted to only 4 of any single card even in drafts?

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Well I'm glad I should have plenty of opportunity to get better at drafting then!

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I hope they don't have anything like that (and I haven't read anywhere official that they will) because buying packs + paying for drafts is how they will keep the game going and this discourages that - just join a beginners draft and you'll be fine.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Looking at the reward tiers again, I'm pretty sure they're only going to have 4 starter decks available to start with (so everyone at $50 and up will have one of each of them, lower tiers can choose from the 4 available)

I'm guessing Wild Rabbit + Ruby Orc + Diamond Human + Blood Necrotic (and Blood Dragon for people who qualify, but that doesn't count :colbert:), but it would be cool if we could choose from more of them (Sapphire Dwarf comes to mind)

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
But we can't trade the starter that you get when you open your account?

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
:dance:

I didn't think about the currency conversion thing ahead of time so it cost me a little more than I wanted to pay but overall I'm super-pumped to get playing - but as with all Kickstarter projects, instead it's now time to play the waiting game...

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
17765 total Kickstarter backers (plus a couple of hundred minimum PayPal backers), at least 7545 copies of the Spectral Lotus + Black Tiger equipment between them - I wonder if there will be any way to craft / loot equipment for the Kickstarter exclusive cards? If not then those gloves are going to be pretty good trades (I can't imagine many people trading / selling their actual Spectral Lotus Gardens)

Edit: if you take the last reported PayPal numbers and divide it by the average pledge then there may be as many as 1500 PayPal backers

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Zonekeeper posted:

Don't forget that any tier that includes the Collector bonus gives a second copy, so based on my quickie math (I have no clue what the paypal numbers are, so all rounding is based on kickstarter numbers + rounding up sold out tiers to the max number i.e. assume 1000 pro player sold despite only 913 on KS) there are around 9264 gardens in circulation.
Yea there are easily going to be around 10000 Spectral Lotus Gardens after PayPal Kings and such are accounted for, but Collector doesn't give you any extra Equipment (only Immortal + Producer) - the tradable supply of the equipment will come down to how many people are stacking tiers

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Yea, the reason I'm spergin hard over the relative value of cards / equipment is so that I can trade it all for Platinum so I can draft all my boosters away

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Yea I imagine that the Auction House will be flooded with boosters while everyone tries to turn their rewards into drafts, they'll probably drop below $1 for a good while

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I hope the transforming cards unlock extended art / foils for the cards they turn into, like Ascetic Aspirant into The Transcended :allears:

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I know its silly, but I can't help but think that Inspire is the wrong keyword - wouldn't it usually be the big tough guys who inspire their subordinates and not the other way around? That would make for a lovely mechanic but at least the name would make more sense.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Well someone on the official Hex forums pointed out this: http://www.gamespot.com/e3/stage-2-day-2/

Check out Day 2 at 11:20am

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
We know that each Primal pack definitely has a legendary treasure chest, I imagine if boosters were going to be on a loot table it would be the legendary one(s?).

But yea, because of stupid timezones I totally missed the thing. Speaking of timezones, I hope there will be other ausgoon GKs around to raid with

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I think that has more to do with being in Trad Games - it's drat hard to pin down because of the blend of TCG + MMO, plus being purely a digital TCGs it could even fit in Games proper (like the Scrolls thread)

Either way if timezones get in the way at least there is always the weekend!

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I don't think I'll be able to resist cracking open every Primal I get my hands on, the best I can hope for is that I have the restraint to not open them all at once

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Vincent Valentine posted:

If you plan on opening all of them, would it make a difference if you open them all at once or not?
I once bought a box of Mercadian Masques and opened the whole thing in about 30 minutes and then I was like "welp now I'm bored" (to be fair, that might be because Masques was terrible)

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Here is a thing: NACC 2013 WoWTCG tournament with pre-Alpha Hex Gameplay

Edit: people actually playing starts at around 6:25

Grim fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jun 15, 2013

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I guess it was a bit misleading to call it "gameplay", but the point is that real people got to play the real game - I don't know if that was a one-day-only thing but the event runs until the 16th

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Of the almost 20,000 people who pledged (estimating using PayPal total) I'm guessing about 15,000 unique accounts on the low end - still shitloads of work for Cryptozoic customer support to roll them all together but not enough that the beta will need a huge influx of players to get 24/7 drafts happening.

But yea I would be surprised if most Pro/GK players weren't rocking at least a double pledge, but the high cost and the risk inherent to Kickstarter means a lot of the quad pledge people will only be adding Kings for the extra boosters / lotus garden - then you have a few giant manchildren rolling double GK + double Pro who proceed to sperg out over every small piece of information for the next 3 months and fill the thread up with baseless speculation in order to validate their lack of economic responsibility (:q: whatup)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Well there are plenty of goon GKs (I think?) so if we need to stage a coup at least everyone will keep the sweet 10% extra xp boost

Also lots of the terrible people on the official forum keep complaining about missing out on the Kickstarter and about how bad the Slacker Backer is value-wise compared to what they could have gotten - I wonder how long the closed beta will run for, but also more importantly I wonder if it will be possible to have some kind of guild-wide ignore list for whining shits

• Locked thread