Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I'm thinking of getting in at the Champion tier but I'm holding out hope that a King early bird will open up. The value difference is pretty insane (I realize it's an early bird special but still)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Karnegal posted:

The issue isn't so much power as it is lack of fun. The reason Magic design is cutting hexproof out is because players, particularly new players get real bummed out when they encounter it. Although Gesit of St. Traft (the marquee power card with the hexproof ability) is certainly a very good card, it has hardly warped the Standard Magic format. It's more of a question of whether the fun you have playing it makes up for the lack of fun you can have when playing against it. Personally, I don't see it as a problem, but I'm also not a casual player.

The whole saga with Invisible Stalker + Swords/Pike is kind of what highlights hexproof as a bad mechanic to me. It was great when it was just on trolls, they were never undercosted and felt pretty unique. Then you had untargetable 1/1's that couldn't be blocked hitting you with swords. That poo poo wasn't a ton of fun.

• Locked thread