Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Crusader Kings 2: Hey Rider, Ho Rider, Go Rider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Averrences
May 3, 2008
Crusader Kings 2: He's got that Khan-do attitude

Crusader Kings 2: If Genghis Khan, so Khan we!

..I'm sorry :(

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

Pivotal Lever posted:

I've been learning to play this game, but for some reason I lose every single battle. I just had 4k dudes lose against 1.5k, why did that happen?

Maybe you attacked using a vassal or merc army straight away? They take time to build their morale up, the green/red bar by the number of troops. Anyone entering combat with very low morale is likely to get smashed.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
What's the context for the 'cucked by Satan' thread title?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Boing posted:

What's the context for the 'cucked by Satan' thread title?

Sometimes your child will be the Antichrist, getting huge stat boosts from the devil, having three witches show up to serve them, and murdering all their siblings so that they stand to inherit, among other things. Apparently playing as this character is even more crazy/interesting.

Which, tangentially, reminds me of a question I've had; if you're a female ruler rather than a male, can you have Satan show up and attempt to woo you to start that whole mess? Or is this only a thing that happens if you're a male ruler with a wife?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Average Bear posted:

Crusader Kings II: THE CUCK LORDS!!!!!

Lmfao.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Roland Jones posted:

Sometimes your child will be the Antichrist, getting huge stat boosts from the devil, having three witches show up to serve them, and murdering all their siblings so that they stand to inherit, among other things. Apparently playing as this character is even more crazy/interesting.

Which, tangentially, reminds me of a question I've had; if you're a female ruler rather than a male, can you have Satan show up and attempt to woo you to start that whole mess? Or is this only a thing that happens if you're a male ruler with a wife?

The initial event which starts the chain fires for infant children, so you can get it as a woman, there's no actual cucked by satan event.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
:siren:New Thread!:siren:

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Pfff. Always moving the thread pages further back. I'm playing this one out.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Let's go with a twist on an old faithful.

Crusader Kings II: A Clownkhanate of Mongols

A Clownkhanate of Mongols sounds good!

gently caress, I'm blind :(

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Definitely should've gone with Cuck Lords

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Funky Valentine posted:

Warrior: Bunch of +health events, prestige out the rear end, Dueling fools, chance to get Strong, Strategist trait
Hunting: +health off the bat, puppies, random hunts which will get you a Strong courtier more often then not, Hunter trait

Intrigue: Spy On (the secretly most powerful action in the game), Spy trait
Seduction: Bastards everywhere, Seducer trait

Rulership: Just trait, potentially Legendary Wisdom, Diligent if you're lucky, Gardener or Architect trait
Business: Holla holla get dolla

Scholarship: Build an observatory and grind out military tech points like no tomorrow, Scholar trait
Theology: Pilgrimage, the Necronomicon I think, Mystic trait

Carousing: Make buddies with vassals real easy, Socializer, Gamer, or Hedonist trait
Family: Make buddies with family real easy, fertility boost

Quoting for future reference. Thanks!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i won't accept the demands of the thread revolters

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Volkerball posted:

i won't accept the demands of the thread revolters

We're never gonna finish a game, are we?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
You need 1066 pages to reform the thread.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

So I just inherited three kingdoms and a ton of duchies and counties when my ruler's dad died. I'm 4 over my demense limit and I'm not sure how to divvy everything up. Should I just give duchies to people from the original country, my countrymen, someone else? It's a lot! I'm thinking I'll keep my capital in Eire (Ireland) so I'm not next to any serious threats.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Chaotic Flame posted:

So I just inherited three kingdoms and a ton of duchies and counties when my ruler's dad died. I'm 4 over my demense limit and I'm not sure how to divvy everything up. Should I just give duchies to people from the original country, my countrymen, someone else? It's a lot! I'm thinking I'll keep my capital in Eire (Ireland) so I'm not next to any serious threats.
You're running Tanistry right? Toss it on some Kinsmen with no claims on your poo poo, so they won't give you guff.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Deceitful Penguin posted:

You're running Tanistry right? Toss it on some Kinsmen with no claims on your poo poo, so they won't give you guff.

Not yet. I was planning on switching to Tanistry once I met the conditions.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
Ok so I was playing as the King of Leon and also a few other kingdoms in that area with agnatic-cognatic gavelkind succession and I still had that stupid "Titles will be loss upon succession!" alert. When my ruler died I lost half of Spain to one of my dumb sons. I know Gavelkind will just give that poo poo away but is there any way besides killing my heir I can manage who gets what? I just killed the guy and inherited everything but it was super annoying.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Angela Christine posted:

Just what I was going to say, permanent allies are better than constantly rebelling vassals. Make your own Karling clusterfuck. If you have enough spare kinsmen give them all dutchies in the new land and give the king title to a kinsman who ideally won't ever have a claim on your primary title. Eventually this generates a vast pool of spare kinsmen who have no claims on your titles.

If you can revoke other religions without penalty revoke everything and replace every single count and barony with your own dudes. That way in the future you'll have more people of your own culture and religion to marry or recruit.

I did this starting with my very first ruler in 769. It's now 1076 and my dynasty has 6644 members, 2701 living. The only downside is that since I'm playing as the Byzantines/Romans, I'm handing out everything as a viceroyalty, which means that when the holder dies his surviving family (save for whoever inherited a county) gets sent back to my court, so I am constantly having to deal with popups about kids needing guardians, people coming of age, marriage requests, etc. I've disabled as many of the popup messages as I feasibly can, but I spend over half of my time dealing with dynasty management bullshit. I've tried forcing everyone who isn't midas touched or a fortune builder to take the vows and only arranging marriages for high stewardship characters right before I give them a title, but the influx of family members of dead exarchs continues unabated. Marrying off the dead guy's wife as soon as she arrives in my court doesn't help, as her kids just end up staying with me. Alas.

I've actually never used imperial administration as anyone other than the Byzantines, so I'm not sure if the dead guy's family shacking up with you is the result of being of the same dynasty or because of the viceroy system.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like a mod that added a court position or some honorary title for the Byzantines whose job it just was to manage that stuff would go over well. Or a mechanic or something like the one that exists that helps you divy up your demense when it is too large.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I know some people from Paradox read this thread, so I'm putting this openly and hoping one of them sees it.

I've been having technical issues recently, so I tried to sign up for Paradox Plaza and register my game to it. My browser got stuck in the "REGISTERING GAME" thing for 9 hours: I ended up going to work and coming home, and it still hadn't completed the thing so I shut it down. Now I'm trying to re-register my game but it's saying 'that code has already been used'. I can't post this on the tech support section of paradox plaza because you need to register your game to post there. I'm kinda stuck.

Also, having completed all of the recommended steps to fix the autosave crash bug, it's now gone from maybe 20% of the time to 100% of the time, rendering the game totally unplayable.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I just turned autosave off

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Chaotic Flame posted:

Not yet. I was planning on switching to Tanistry once I met the conditions.
Do it with kinsmen anyway then, but Tanistry is hilarious. So much fun!

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Moridin920 posted:

I feel like a mod that added a court position or some honorary title for the Byzantines whose job it just was to manage that stuff would go over well. Or a mechanic or something like the one that exists that helps you divy up your demense when it is too large.

I'd kill for something that automated guardianship to some degree, like an option to have the computer automatically find guardians for anyone whose relation to you is kinsman. Merchant republics would benefit a lot from it too; my case is probably an edge case, but the entire point of republics is to make your dynasty as large as possible so you can build more trade posts and have a larger pool of potential heirs to choose from.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
What's the year vikings become easier to convert? The only guide I could find said 930, but it's 945 and they're still imprisoning the poo poo out of my chaplains.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Seems we have a thread independence revolt on?

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

What's the year vikings become easier to convert? The only guide I could find said 930, but it's 945 and they're still imprisoning the poo poo out of my chaplains.

http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Start_date#Other_key_years

Looks like 930 was right. If you're not doing so already, try to focus on cynical rulers, and don't even bother with the zealous ones. The good thing is that the AI will very rarely, if ever, execute your chaplain. They just lock him up for a few months, get bored, then send him back.

Proselytizing pagans seems to be really hit + miss. I can throw my 20 learning chaplain at High King Hates-Odin and still have him imprisoned, but once i'm reduced to sending my 1 Learning inbred brother to the wastelands of Finland they'll accept him without a problem.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

So starting as Alexios, I keep get a crusade for Greece launched within 5 years. Apart from repeatedly violating peace treaties in a race against Rum, is there any way to keep them from taking my poo poo?

TheBlackRoija
May 6, 2008

Saith posted:

It is time to pray to the Almighty, that the heathen followers of the old ways be forcibly converted to our glorious new thread and thus mend the great schism.

There are horrors to suffer in this thread as well, my friend.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Wow gently caress, I guess I'm done with CK2. Started at Charlemagne start and by 1100 the Byz erupted into civil war and it outright locks the game up. Time for a new computer I suppose

Contrecoup
Mar 30, 2015

YouTuber posted:

Wow gently caress, I guess I'm done with CK2. Started at Charlemagne start and by 1100 the Byz erupted into civil war and it outright locks the game up. Time for a new computer I suppose

For me, even after a full rebuild this game is an absolute crap shoot on whether it crashes to desktop or saves on every autosave attempt, making Ironman unplayable. Game's just buggy. It's Paradox.

Contrecoup fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 7, 2015

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk mine runs perfectly fine :shrug:

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Haha, lunatic can be a pain in the rear end but it's funny.

Whoops, I forgot to scroll over the tooltip. It creates a status in the province labelled "pyramid" that reduces revolt risk by 5% until the end of the game. Only 540 gold!

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Seems legit.

RonJeremysBalzac
Jul 29, 2004

Well, I guess the Caliphate won't be striking back anytime this game

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

TheBlackRoija posted:

There are horrors to suffer in this thread as well, my friend.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
Any news on new DLC? I haven't played regularly in awhile, but it seems EUIV is getting a lot of attention, but hey it is the golden child.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

They're taking about it in the other thread I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

ZombieLenin posted:

Any news on new DLC? I haven't played regularly in awhile, but it seems EUIV is getting a lot of attention, but hey it is the golden child.

Yeah, in the OP of the new thread.

• Locked thread