Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry
Damnit, neither the patch nor the DLC will take effect. I've deleted everything and redownloaded, but still nothing :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry

reignonyourparade posted:

Is the gavelkind rework giving away all but one province no matter what for anyone else? I just ended up with a single province while my only brother got four.

I had three kingdoms, and my younger son got two, as well as 6 of my 8 counties.

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry
I had two sons, both went off to fight in the Varangian guard. The older came home more skilled and wiser.

The younger came home castrated and blinded.

Time to burn Constantinople :black101:

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry

JerikTelorian posted:

What's the purpose of Reforming the Norse Religion? What do you get from it?

You can have higher than Low Crown authority as well, and call holy wars.

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry

Doink9731 posted:

As the Byzantines do I need to do anything special after creating the Varangian Guard? I just see the event and nothing else.

They show up in the mercenaries list.

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry

kingturnip posted:

I've reformed the Norse faith with my starting leader - he's in his 50s by now - and have got a little Retinue together and gently caress me, this is unbalanced.
My retinue can just go from County to County, taking over everything in sight as long as I remember to declare a Conquest war in between. Ireland is mine...

Yeah, Ireland is perfect for expansion and re-paganing. And they have a shitloads of troops to raise as well for some reason.

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry
The Aztec DLC seemed successful, both financially and with regards to trolling the Paradox forums, so maybe they will do another alt-history one. Though I can't imagine a fitting event. Maybe the second coming in the year 1000 or something. I would love a DLC that expands court life, religious interaction and holy orders though

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry

maev posted:

As someone who has clocked around 80 hours of CK2 and is closing up on my Byzantine / Roman Empire game, what are the main changes I'd expect to see from a CK2+ Kitchen sink play-through?

Things take more time and are more difficult. Factions are both better and worse, better in that they now coalesce into three main groups, worse in that they now are more powerful.

You have less troops and expanding is harder.

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry
I'm having a weird problem in my Britannia game. There is a huge civil war, and the kings of Scotland and Ireland rebel (I had to give out the titles two emperors prior). When I win, my empire is immediately disbanded because there are too few holdings in my realm. Is this a CK2+ problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry
New expansion is Rajas of India.

Expands to India. 50% larger map. Three new religions.

• Locked thread