Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
So, I was VERY far into my first game as Ireland, from the start period to 1400. But I guess this patch changed all my technologies and instead of having 3 stars in legalism, I now have one. My demesne size is now 4 instead of 7. I guess I should just start a new game at this point, but I'm kinda pissed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

JerikTelorian posted:

That is a really low Demesne. What is your current rank?

Yes it is. It was up to 9 before, but I'm temporarily wifeless. I am king of four regions, and I'm very close to putting the Empire of Britannia together.

^^^Like I said, this is my first playthough. I do have it on Steam. Thanks for your compassion.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

JerikTelorian posted:

Sadly creating an Empire won't up your Demesne any more. Use the people finder and get a wife with the highest Stewardship you can find, from anywhere. Then try to grab a dude to be your Court Steward.

Maybe you want to just edit the savefile to give yourself more Legalism, really. You're only 50 years or so from the end date, so there is no chance you'll actually tech up in time. That's a shame man :(

Thanks for the help. I'm betrothed to a lass with 12 stewardship before her trait assignment, so I was gambling on that going well. I've had a couple of rulers get bonked on the head or catch consumption, so I'm putting down my 2nd independence war in a row, with at least one more sure to follow. I don't have the energy to do that while trying to salvage changes to the game. What's a good pick for a second playthrough? I have the Islam DLC if it matters.

e: Should I pick up any other DLC on sale? I heard the Republic was pretty meh, and I don't care much for non-gameplay content unless it's outstanding.

What Fun fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 28, 2013

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

CapnAndy posted:

I've never played CK2+. Here is what I know:

I have also only played vanilla, and I've noticed the same behavior. It's either a patch bug or a patch feature, but it's not isolated to your machine.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
I'm a relatively new player, but I'm acclimated enough to want to try mods. In lieu of CK2+ being updated, can someone recommend me a good flavor enhancer that doesn't change too much?

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

toasterwarrior posted:

So anyone got any recommended and up-to-date mods to use while Wiz is busy with EU4? This VIET thing looks pretty nice, and I want to use Better Armies since it makes grooming my Norse characters to be better warriors actually matter.

Also, something disabling de jure drift would be nice. The AI is all over the place and the Karlings totally mess the balance of central Europe up too much when one of them creates an Empire and has too much support to be toppled.

I've been using VIET. I've not gotten the chance to play CK2+ yet, but VIET is pretty nice. It adds a couple of traits and some minor events, and I think tweaks stuff like letting any female you want be Spymaster. It's got my vote.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Formed Britain for the first time, won two crusades, about to finally enact primogeniture so I can stop sending my sons and brothers off to the church. I have an empire around the size of the Byzantine, and only 24 people in my court. I'm so psyched. Next game I play will be my first time trying CK2+. For someone who couldn't get into the game initially, I'm so glad I stuck with it.

Once I get things stabilized, what should I do with this empire? I have Britain, Jerusalem, and Andalusia. What should my goal be aside from keeping this wad of vassals stuck together?

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Is there a good LP for The Old Gods? I was big into CK2 for awhile, but it's been like 9 months and I'm not comfortable enough to drop into a viking murder-hunt with new rules and options. At least not without a template to follow for ~20 years.

e: Also, I'm gonna try using HIP mod. Is that...good? Should I be using something else?

What Fun fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 1, 2014

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

DStecks posted:

Would you guys be interested in more point-by-point breakdowns of things like I did for combat? Because it seems like every Steam sale we get some completely new players coming in asking about stuff, and the game itself isn't documented very well in terms of the real gameplay flow. We've got the tutorial thread, but that's more LP stuff, I'm talking about more of an old-school Prima strategy guide kinda deal.

Yes. I'd be particularly interested in strategies for playing as DLC factions (Pagan, Muslim, Byzantine, etc.) as most new player guides seem to focus on starting somewhere small, while the DLC factions generally throw you into a mess of varying size. Even as a medium-level player, I learned a couple tricks from your combat writeup, so writing out more in that vein is cool as well. Thanks for your work!

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
DStecks = :eng101: Thank you.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Can someone explain the mechanics of raiding as the Norse to me? I've started as Whiteshirt and conquered England, still have no idea how it works. It only seems to let me activate on my own or my vassal's provinces...I must be really missing something, because I don't quite get why I'd want to steal my own gold. Help please.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Thanks for the raiding tips all. Followup question - since forming the Kingdom, I have basically all my vassals forming an Independence faction. They all have fairly high opinion scores, and obligating them with my spymaster doesn't seem to be stopping anyone's membership. Is there some Norse twist to this? I got a popup saying that they were all meeting to discuss it, but that they "seemed happy."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

paranoid randroid posted:

Are you running mods with Project Balance included? That sounds like the PB faction system. I think vassals join up with various groups like "autonomy" or "independence" and don't actually fire anything unless they are pissed off. I remember getting a lot of demands for money.

Yeah, I'm running HIP. I'm getting back into the game after a hiatus, with a new a mod and a faction I never played before. I'm muddying my cause and effect up. Thanks so much, that's exactly it - it's the Autonomy faction. So I just keep them generally happy and don't worry about breaking them up with my Spymaster?

• Locked thread