Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Welmu
Oct 9, 2007
Metri. Piiri. Sekunti.

Captain Beans posted:

Can you only start in 800s if you have the dlc?

Yup: no Old Gods, no :black101: for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Welmu
Oct 9, 2007
Metri. Piiri. Sekunti.

Kainser posted:

Seems about right.

Goddrat. I thought those popups couldn't get more :black101: after :cthulhu: but, yeah, I think scholars will have their hands full with this one.

^^^ :argh:
Mystery solved, Shaggy.

Welmu
Oct 9, 2007
Metri. Piiri. Sekunti.

HenessyHero posted:

3 genius sons and a strong daughter have already burst from my loins.

Talk about Nordic superiority.

Now either watch your realm disintegrate upon succession or stab the way clear for the most genius of the lot.

Welmu
Oct 9, 2007
Metri. Piiri. Sekunti.

Dongattack posted:

You guy's are so much better than me, so this question will probably be very basic for you. I don't understand the new technology screen, how does it work?

Behold the power of copy-paste:

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

You gain "Tech Points" in three different categories based on your ruler's stats. Military tech points are governed by your ruler's Learning+Martial, Economic by Stewardship+Learning, and Cultural by Diplomacy+Learning. In addition, you get a (fairly small) amount of Tech Points from Universities and Monastic Schools.

Your ruler's spouse and advisors' stats DO NOT affect your tech points. Marrying a high-learning spouse doesn't help you, sadly.

These Tech Points can be spent to manually increase the level of technology in your ruler's capital. They raise the tech level in the capital ONLY. The increased levels of technology then spread out to other neighboring territories through the familiar Technology Spread mechanic.

Now, it used to be that you dropped your councillors in the capital in order to learn things there faster, right? Yeah, that no longer happens. The research options for your Steward, Marshal, and Religious Advisor (Chaplain, Seer, whatever) now are designed to increase the rate of technology spread. To properly utilize them, you place them in a province next to a high-tech province, to encourage the spread of those high technology levels into the new province (so, for example, if your capital is in Dublin and you learn a new level of Heavy Infantry, you might put your Marshal in Leinster to speed up the drift of your new Heavy Infantry level over to Leinster).

In one of the dev diaries they suggested using the advisors to promote 'corridors' of tech growth through your country, so that the tech levels can spread out from the corridors the way we're used to. A nice theory, but I don't know how practical it is in practice yet.

Welmu
Oct 9, 2007
Metri. Piiri. Sekunti.

withak posted:

Isn't it one of the buttons on the map viewer in the lower right?

Yeah, the character finder button was moved there a few patches back; before, it was one of top menu icons after the religion button.

e:f;b like an Irish duke.

Welmu
Oct 9, 2007
Metri. Piiri. Sekunti.
What other ways besides :ese: are there to off unwanted characters in your realm? The current Steam trailer makes it sound like sending yon rotten spymaster off to war is a surefire way, but battles only ever seem to harm my ruler, and rarely at that. Assassinations are getting expensive, and while raiding does fill my coffers, :black101: can't cart off nobles to bishoprics anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Welmu
Oct 9, 2007
Metri. Piiri. Sekunti.

Drone posted:

I've yet to play since the patch/get the expansion, but apparently they made some "major optimization improvements."

They also added a shitload of provinces so despite the engine improvements the game should run at the same speed or a bit slower than before, if I read the release notes right.

• Locked thread