Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Canopus250 posted:

To get in on the fun before CK2+ hits I wanna make an insane super viking. What's the edit you need to do to remove the costs of positive/negative traits in the Ruler Designer?

Find common/defines.lua in the game folder, ctrl-f for RulerDesigner and set whichever values to 0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

A Tartan Tory posted:

I wonder what happened to all that smallpox etc then, mind you around the time of Erik the Red, there wasn't actually much European diseases in Icelandic communities.

Less than 200 years after the Black Death Europeans had started committing trans-Atlantic genocide (not with 100k+ soldiers, admittedly), so I guess it's not that far-fetched.

Without the Europeans sticking around to kick them while they're down it might play out similarly to the Black Death, with the culture surviving mostly intact but with some pretty drastic social changes.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Torrannor posted:

What is the new trait exactly? The siege leader trait? What does it do?

It increases the rate at which a holdings morale drops when they are leading the siege. Dunno if it has any effect on assaults or when leading the defence though.

The jumbling traits is really simple to fix, just go into /common/traits/00_traits.txt, cut the siege_leader trait from the very end of the file and paste it either to the end of 02_traits.txt or create 03_traits.txt and just paste it in there. At least I haven't noticed any obvious issues so far.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
Someone had a "See a new ruler in the Duchy of Normandy" plot most likely, you don't get any sort of warning if the guy holding the title just gives into the request rather than fighting.

This happened to me when I was trying to form Italy as the Duke of Milan in the 1066 start, and I'd already married my son to Matilda of Tuscany and somehow got the Duchy of Upper Burgundy from the Emperor a few years earlier. It's not normally particularly difficult to get pretty powerful very fast from that start, but that was pretty ridiculous.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

Maaaan, as much as I love CK the game really needs a couple of more patches.

My last king died "randomly" because the game decided to put him in an army he had no business being in with 3 martial. I specifically put someone else in charge but the guy must've buggered off to somewhere.

I'm fighting in a crusade for Jerusalem and while the AI can mash huge stacks against each other it's too stupid to actually take territory, so the warscore is just ticking down because in 10 years, nobody actually bothered to take Jerusalem. :sigh:

This just happened to me in a crusade for Greece, it was sat at like -93% before I sent an army over and took a single castle and rescued the entire campaign. Somehow the Knights Hospitaller managed to get 60+% war contribution so now there's a crusader state covering all of Greece which is pretty cool.

I thought this game was doomed when my king died at 20 of poor health leaving the kingdom to his month old slow son, and the next people in line were three ambitious women who already had non-dynastic heirs. Somehow he made it to adulthood with decent stats and is on track to form two empires and be the first king since his great-great-grandfather to live past his heirs sixteenth birthday.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
It might be worth checking if they have provinces occupied by rebels because for some wars that prevents either side from making peace for some reason.

Speaking of rebels have they massively upped revolt risk or something, in my Norse England game before I converted to catholicism I was getting pretty much back to back catholic revolts. And if you don't crush them immediately they often spawn two or three more huge stacks. The worst was when I crushed one revolt and ended the war and before my army could even leave the province another one started in the same province. Actually, that last one might have been heretics, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
In a lot of the child-rearing events the "good" outcomes (i.e. ones that don't give negative traits) seem to involve beating your children.

• Locked thread