Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
CK2 is on sale on Steam right now - http://store.steampowered.com/app/203770/ what the hell do I need to buy to get everything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

RON PAUL ALL YEARS posted:

There's a pack on Amazon that has the base game, all pre-old gods DLC, and CK1 for $15. They're steam codes. I'd buy that.

So that, plus The Old Gods?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

ChikoDemono posted:

Probably should be posted on every page since it gets overlooked, but for anyone thinking of getting the Crusader Kings II Collection off of Steam, Amazon has it for cheaper and it's redeemable on Steam.

http://amzn.com/B00B7UK2I2 $14.99 gets you everything but the Old Gods expansion + DLCs that came out with it.

I did this and I highly recommend it.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Are there any good mods compatible with TOG that add more plots, ambitions, events, etc? That is the only thing I think is really lacking in this game is the variety of these.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
What other Rulers are similar to the Muenster start in Ireland 1066? I'm interested in "babby's first CK2" game type of things.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Is using the Ruler Designer akin to playing with Game Genie? I keep making ugly little hedonistic genius dwarf rulers which I can usually play to pretty great success, but I'm not sure if this is borderline cheating or what.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
So I feel bad for buying this game on sale because goddamn those patchnotes. Also Paradox rolling mod fixes into their own game? That is loving awesome.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Is there any way, mod or otherwise, that I can randomize who I play as at the start? Also the year, etc.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Any recommendations for a good time period/leader to jump in and play as in CK2+? I've been away from the game for about a year so I'm going to be rusty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I haven't played this game in at least a year, last time I did was with CK2+.

I just picked up all the DLC I didn't have (thanks Steam Funbux) and am ready to get back into it.

Is there a defacto mod like CK2+ compatible with all the latest/greatest DLC? Anything I should know? Is the Muenster start still good?

• Locked thread