Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~

I just watched The 13th Warrior last night. IBN! :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
I caved and bought the ancillary DLCs (Norse songs/portraits/units). drat these crafty swedes!

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~

Olewithmilk posted:

Since installing Old Gods, game keeps hanging on the "Initialising map logic" screen. I got something similar in Victoria II, and I think you have to delete the map cache. Would it be the same thing?

Make sure you have ALL the mods unchecked at the paradox ck2 launcher. I was experiencing the same thing until I realized CK2+ was still toggled. I had to scroll down the mod list to see it.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
Is there a limit to how much you can pillage per raiding campaign? After I've pillaged a couple of provinces the notifications start reporting "0.00 gold pillaged," even from fresh untouched counties.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

So, how do you do that thing where adventurers and other armies will flock under your banner for free? Certain pagans start with a few free armies for raiding, but I don't know how to get those back after I lose them for whatever reason (whoops, turns out Tyrol is the only irish county that will actually fight back)

Go to the diplomatic screen for head of state of the country you wish to invade. There should be a plan invasion or some such option available. I think you have to be under a certain size for the option to become available though I'm not entirely sure what the other pre-reqs are.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
Is there any benefit to switching to Swedish/Danish/Norwegian culture from the all-encompassing Norse Culture?

I accidentally clicked the Swedish culture decision and have a feeling that it'll bite me in the rear end when I try to conquer Norway or Denmark.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
Ugh, so my unmodded TOG game consistently crashes a couple months from my savepoint. Is there a way to debug it and continue with the game? I really don't want to give up my current game :argh:

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
So I noticed that many of the lieges of the Scandinavian petty kingdoms and the starting Sons of Lodbrok viking host happened to be directly related. At that time were Danes, Swedes, and Norwegians culturally distinct from one another? Are Danes danish because they were a different people from Swedes all the way back through Migration period, or did a Norse family seed the different Scandinavian kingdoms which then evolved distinct cultures overtime?

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
Each holy site owned by any Norse liege is +10 to Norse moral authority. You need to own 3 of the holy sites to reform, but the rest can be owned by other Norse leaders.

Zeeland is easy enough to steal if you wait for Holland to rebel from Lotharingia or whatever massive Carolingan blob usually controls it. So long as the rest of the Scandinavian kingdoms stay Norse you should be at an automatic +40. It's not too much work to get procure a third site from another Scandinavian kingdom, if you started in Scandinavia. Trying to reform from the British Isles however is hard mode.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~

Sankis posted:

Wouldn't you only get +20%? It's not like it's static, either. If the norse control 4 holy sites then they don't have a minimum of 40% moral authority. Three of the sites are already owned by Norse at the start of the game.

No, each controlled holy site gives +10%. However it's possible to have less than 40% even with 4 sites controlled due to losing moral authority in wars, etc. I believe you can join in the holy wars to help your side win, however I've never had to do that to reach the threshold. Help beat the poo poo out of British Isle Catholics while securing the sites and you should be able to reform by the late 900s.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~

Gorelab posted:

Question, with Gavelkind if it'd lead to the creation of multiple independent realms why does the second son if there's two get two kingdoms to the first's one?

A lot of other people have brought up that complaint on the Paradox forums and the consensus seems to be that it's a bug or an unintended mechanic.

On another note, an easy and altogether hosed up way to drum up extra prestige during a blot is to concubine youthful female nobles just before they're hanged. When the event pops up for a selected character to be hanged, you'll still be able to concubine them before the sacrifice. What's even more effed is that this probably isn't outside the realm of realism if Ahmed Ibn Fadlan's account of the Norse is accurate.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~

BabyFur Denny posted:

I usually never stab anyone. Not worth the trouble.

Stab revolting pretenders always. Instant victory. I always float a 2k surplus via raids just in case someone attempts to usurp during the most inopportune times. I don't even think there's a penalty to your relations if the assassin is caught, so long as the rebellion has already begun.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
How does the game determine plot power for a given character?

In my Sweden game, Denmark having conquered England could field 5x the troops I could muster so clearly they needed to be put down a peg before things got out of control. The Danish king was young with a newly born male heir so I began plotting regicide. As I was perusing the list for potential co-conspirators, as you do, I discovered a lowly mayor with a whopping 176% plot power. WTF? I'm pretty sure he wasn't a council member or anything like that. What happened there?

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
:siren:Game of Thrones CK2 mod has been updated to version 1.101:siren:

TIME TO REAVE

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
Playing the updated for Rajas Game of thrones Mod for CKII (v0.6.1)

Started a new game as Lord Selwyn the Evenstar (Brienne of Tarth's father). The Baratheons soon died out, Selwyn bent the knee and became Lord Paramount of the Stormlands. I'd been grooming Brienne for succession but Selwyn ended up producing a male heir (Brienne died a maid). I was mildly disappointed at first for RP reasons - then the heir developed the imbecile trait.

But apparently the little lordling was destined for greatness because in the midst of the Westerosi chaos, King Joffrey was forced to abdicate the throne to his eldest unmarried daughter, Tinessa. Selwyn survived to see his son become Idiot King Consort. He mercifully died before their marriage, or Tinessa rather, would make a mockery of the throne and all the vows of the kingdom.

Tinessa was truly her grandmother's granddaughter. During her multi-decade reign as Queen and later Queen regent, she birthed and legitimized (to House Tarth's shame) more bastards than true heirs. One by Oberyn Martell (can't really blame her for this one), one by a Kettleblack, another with the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard (and her cousin by blood), and the last with the High Septon of the Iron Throne. Probably Moonboy too for all I know.

The Idiot King Consort at least had enough wits to smother that last bastard (the only male bastard) to guarantee the throne for his true heirs, recouping some honor for House Tarth before passing away.

The kingdom is in shambles, the realm divided, and a boy king of suspected bastardy rules. All hail His Grace, Rhaegar of House Tarth, First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm!

theDOWmustflow fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 21, 2014

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
How do you fix the titular revolt bug? I don't have any autosaves or saves before I'd earned that title. It passed down to my heir so he's just as gimped!

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
Question for Westeros-mod players: Is it possible to elevate your standing from Ser/Landed Knight to Lordling status?

Also was there a distinction between the class of nobility that knights belonged to vs the rest of the nobility (Baron/Count/Duke) as it's portrayed in ASOIAF? E.g., a landed knight wealthier and holding more titles than a technical baron or count was still lower on the social hierarchy. Or did owning a landed title such as the barony of such-and-such automatically make you a Baron?

theDOWmustflow fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 5, 2014

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
Are you guys playing the base game or the Historical Immersion Project? I understand that CK2+ is no longer being updated so I'm curious as to what people are playing nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
How does the game determine which character you play after succession? Like if I have an elective monarch system, will I begin playing the character who is elected if he is of the same dynasty, or will I end up playing the next direct descendent in some lovely fief while my elected uncle or whoever gets to be emperor/king?

• Locked thread