Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

The patch isn't even out for us Linux people yet :( There won't be any treasure left when I get to it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Turns out you get the patch if you get the DLC first for the Linux version or it all just went live for me just now 3.30am local time. :neckbeard:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Might be a wait longer on that CK2+ mod: Paradox have announced a pretty big Steam beta patch downloadable now that'll do half the work for Wiz. If it works out, it'll be pushed out next week.

Meanwhile, Thomas de Coucy just whipped Philippe of France's butt for a county. Sadly his slow son with zero ( literally 0) abilities died a natural death at the age of 2.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Bloodly posted:

Alright, history question, relating to CK2 in that 'Church Vassals are gamey'. It's known that the Church got vast amounts of land during the Medieval era. Why? It's not like the Churches had military force like they do in game(As far as I'm aware, at least).

A slightly fairer explanation: Nobles would pay for a chapel on some land and prayers for their soul to avoid Purgatory for perpetuity. Modern minds would see this as a con but noone forced them to do this, it was a religious fashion for those who could afford it. Since there were no "generations" to hand these chapels down to, the Church would improve the land (often not the best), brew ale, keep sheep etc to keep the money and prayers going. And build stuff, to spend the money. There you are.

• Locked thread