Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Qwo posted:

Really, though, what's the justification for Norse being Gavelkind?

I'm going to go with gameplay balance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
It's hard to have 50 authority if the faith doesn't control all the sites though.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
I love raiding so much, it's super fun.

Though the fact that you can make auto concubines of your prisoners is kinda... you'd think they would try to leave or something, especially if they've never had a kid and the king/duke dies.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

if only :allears:.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I almost did the same thing, but then I had a better idea. I assigned myself as the prisoner girl's educator, converted her to the Norse faith, culture-flopped her to Norse, and then, when she hit 16, I took her as a concubine.

...I also feel bad. But hey, Stockholm Syndrome and enforced sexual servitude is still better than ritual sacrifice, right?

...right?

:ohdear:

I felt skeevy doing something similar (except I didn't convert her), but then she totally was the one who successfully plotted to kill me so I felt it was fitting.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

I did this with my brother.

not 3 days later my ruler dies from natural causes.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Strudel Man posted:

Eh, I've been a longtime CK+ user, but honestly, I don't have that many complaints - vanilla feels better than it used to be. The main thing I find myself missing are the boosted warscore from winning battles (particularly as sieges drag on forever in the late game), and the faction adjustments.

God, that vanilla independence faction. Kinsmen of my culture and religion, with 50 opinion of me, demanding independence. Ridiculous.

I think they've boosted the amount of warscore you get from winning battles actually. It used to be small but now I've gotten 25% from a single battle.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Wow. The Aztecs coverted to Catholic after one year :psyduck:.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
You can just copy the CK2 folder out of steam if that's your worry (afaik).

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Is there a way to destroy a title via the console? I created the Alban Empire (norse religioned, Irish cultured), and I left them to go play a different ruler, but they're becoming too powerful (they've got Germany and West Francia now) so I want to bring them down a little.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
UGH. I started a game as a cathar duchess of Iceland, and proceeded to conquer Ir(e)land and all that fun stuff. So, I've got wales and I'm getting some of the English duchies, so I give one of them to a random courtier... who ends up being elected (as England became elective when I wasn't looking). Still Cathar. So I lose that duchy, and one of the counts he has inherited got the duchy of Munster, so now England has southern Ireland :(

I also don't want to kick him down too much because he's still making England Cathar, much more quickly than I could.

Cityinthesea fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Dec 25, 2013

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
The way I succeed as Navarra is to give myself 5000 gold and then hire mercenaries.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
For some reason in my game they kept trying to invade places like Croatia or whatever instead of, well, the easy Muslims to the south or even places like Perm.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
I'm playing an ironman mode game that I got wrecked at (I started as the tribe of tavastians and am now a 3 count vassal of the norse king of Finland :v: ) but now this king is offering me the spymaster job. I have literally 0 intrigue. Surely there is someone better you can offer the job to.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Rincewind posted:

Did CK2+ ever get the gender equality mod working again?

If not, did somebody else make a similar mod?

There's this: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?743408-Better-gender-law-mod

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Finally succeeded reforming the Suomensuko church on ironman :neckbeard:. I kept trying as the Tribe of Tavastians, but honestly Karlaja was much easier (because they already had that duke level title).

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
When does the holy order for reformed Suomensuko show up? I've never reformed a religion and played that far to know.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
So in my ironman game I'm in a great holy war for Perm (not my first choice but hey) but it's at 100%, and has been for about 3 months, and he still won't enforce the demands. Do we need to conquer all of de jure Perm the Seljuks have?

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Whenever the Robin Hood event pops up it happens like 2-4 times so I have 4 pairs of Robin Hoods and Marions in my court :v: they're honestly pretty good statwise so I don't mind too much but still.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
This poo poo sounds crazy (crazy awesome). Will they include the bigger map for people that don't have the DLC? They did that when they added Mali but I have to imagine this will be way different.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
I share some of their concerns that it might be done haphazardly though. I hope this doesn't come out for a while.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Is Bhutan there? I can't tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
That dev diary sounds great, though I wonder how many different gods they would include as your personal deity and how that works (I assume it would be in the intrigue menu).

• Locked thread