Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I'm having some trouble forming the Persian Empire as the Zoroastrians. I've got well over half the territory, I am Zorastrian and Persian, and I've got the kingdom of Persia, is it bugged or am I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Non Sequitur posted:

Empires require 80% of the land and two kingdom titles.

Nolanar posted:

You need 80% of the de jure territory to form an empire. That's probably what you're missing. If not, it also requires a substantial investment of piety, but you've probably been kicking some Muslim rear end, so that most likely isn't the issue.

Got it. Thank you both very much.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Kainser posted:

I believe that daughters with sons goes before daughters without sons in primogeniture.

Really? Is this still in effect anywhere today?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Dude, I just had an event chain about encountering death in the middle of the woods with the event text from an Iron Maiden song. This thing's great!

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

If you win the Karling Challenge does it become West Francia again?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

That's a shame. I guess there's always title customization.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Say... the Zoroastrian situation in Charlemagne should be rather interesting!

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

And speaking of which, the Knights of St. John popped up, and the Event text is completely unchanged. Otherwise it's great.

Clearly the answer is to make them the Knights of St. Johns.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

So there's not much chance of Charlemagne or Way of Life going on sale anytime soon, eh?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Well. After doing the Saoshyant run on Ironman steam decided not to give me the achievement. I think I'm going to go kick a tree for a while.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I'm curious, why can't you usurp a title from someone at war? Was it to close an exploit?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Jedit posted:

Watch your Genius heir with 20+ Diplo and Martial die a natural death aged 21 then die the same way yourself the next year at 46 before all your elective titles have consolidated, putting a child on the throne and losing half the HRE while engaged in a war with Byzantium.

I had to excommunicate, imprison, and monasticize my heir to get my genius first in line. Then came the syphilis. Then came the lunacy.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I can't think of a better place to ask this, so here goes:

Saudi Arabia just had a change in succession laws.

Previously they had leaned towards Agnatic Seniority, but now what would you call it? Appointment? Tanistric appointment? Selective ex-post facto Purpling?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Crusader Kings 2: Hey Rider, Ho Rider, Go Rider

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

So starting as Alexios, I keep get a crusade for Greece launched within 5 years. Apart from repeatedly violating peace treaties in a race against Rum, is there any way to keep them from taking my poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

So what's being done about the fact that the Ilkhanate, Golden Horde, et al. have Emperor level titles but are still subordinate to the Great Khan?

• Locked thread