Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chopper_dave
Feb 28, 2007
Aaaah my favorite booze, I'll share a few things I haven't seen here.

First, I love to mix a nicer aged rum as a sazerac. Absinthe rinse, some raw sugar, 2 dashes of peychauds, ice, lime twist or wedge. The result is tasty without covering up the rum, and works well with the barrel flavors just like it does with whiskey.

Next, my favorite rum dessert has to be bananas foster, and it has to be made with Meyers. As for a holiday rum cocktail, there's a whole thread on egg nog!

My amazing wife brought a bottle of bundaberg OP back to the US from Australia, as it is unavailable here. I do appreciate the unique flavor, can anyone recommend their favorite way to mix it? Is this just the Australian equivalent of Bacardi that I should save to "impress" my friends while saving the good stuff for myself?

I have most of the mixing rums mentioned, but need to get more sipping ones- this thread has been great at helping me choose from the dozens available. Zaya and Barbancourt seem popular and span a good spectrum, so I'll have to get both! I just finished an excellent bottle of cruzan estate, and am excited to try something new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread