Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolocko
Oct 19, 2007

For the purposes of this thread, are we also discussing cachaca ("ka-shah-sa"), aka Brazilian rum? Because we unreservedly should. And I hope someone can rec some good bottles, because I became interested in it after reading in Daniel Everett's 'Don't Sleep, There Are Snakes' that predatory Amazon/Maici river traders would sell the stuff to the Pirahă people to get them trashed so they may take advantage of their ignorance in trades. (Me: "This seems like a pretty good jumping-off point for looking into cachaca!")

I *have* tried Ypióca Empalhada Ouro, and really enjoyed it, but aside from that I have no experience. The local stores have Ypióca Empalhada Prata and Leblon and a couple others, but I'm looking for a little guidance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread