Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH
Got a flask of el barrelito that I took to the beach today, it's absolutely fantastic. A friend hand carried it from Puerto Rico, I don't know if it's distributed in the states.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Kenning, it's a blend of various ages and comes in at 43%. One of the better rums I've had all summer.

Those colonial Julips were likely made with Medford rum, which was a big domestic product seeing as British molasses could be had cheap and then shipped back as rum. Check out Wayne Curtis' ...and a bottle of rum for a great anthropological and socioeconomic history of the stuff.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tarbrush posted:

I've had very pleasant results from Havana club, honey and Agnostura. It's not an old fashioned, but it's like an old fashioned.

it's effectively an old fashioned. Try cane syrup and peychauds.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

The Polish Pirate posted:

Unfortunately it's a bit late in the season for this drink, but this is what I had a ton of this summer:

Henry 'Box' Brown from Hop Sing Laundromat in Philly (made at home since I'm in CA)
- 3oz fresh squeezed red grape juice
- 2oz El Dorado 15
- Big rear end ice cube

The only problem is that you have to use a lot of grapes to get 3oz. Totally worth it though.

That drink inspires something resembling an embolism in my Philly friends. My hat is off to them for having the balls to put it on a menu, call it a cocktail, and charge $12 for it.

• Locked thread