Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

What was the first legal drink I bought the day I turned 21? A bottle of Pusser's rum, of course. It's so molassesy. None of my friends like it. My dad does, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I like it, too. :corsair:

I also like scotch, Deep Purple and Dragnet.

...gently caress, I'm an old man already!

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I'm guessing that julep was made from dark rum. Sounds like a drat fine day to start the day. (I kid.)

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

What would y'all suggest for a real daiquiri? (No, none of that frozen fruit bullshit. What the gently caress is that anyway?)

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

With what I have, the best I can do is Pussers with raw sugar syrup and lime juice.

...wait, that's essentially grog.

The raw sugar syrup is nice, though.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Kenning posted:

rums not worth drinking in the first place.

Admiral Nelson *cough cough*

But yeah, I use a shaker. The grog tastes yummy, although I hear some add cinnamon or something as well.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I just cracked a bottle of Blackheart Premium Spiced, 93 proof. I was looking for something vanilla-ey and sweetish, yet harsh so my sister wouldn't touch it. And of course, the darker, the better. This has caramel in it, so gently caress me if I can gauge it on appearance alone.

It's worth the $11 I spent for the fifth, I suppose. Kind of an impulse purchase, to be honest. I guess I can mix it with coke or creme soda.

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Oct 12, 2013

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Butch Cassidy posted:

Liquor commission has decided to stock Cruzan blackstrap. Need to decide what my celebratory first drink will be.

Dark and stormy. Fresh lime juice, strong ginger beer (or even alcoholic ginger beer) and your Cruzan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I'm waiting for a call from the liquor store. Hopefully I'll have my Pusser's Gunpowder Proof before the 31st

• Locked thread