Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Some hope?

John Morke: Re: Laughing Wounds Style: I plan not to do it, ever.

Maybe he just got all the non-consensual BDSM in on other charms though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
And now we get 11 Martial Arts as well

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Does any one have a list of the MA that have been picked beyond the one that is up for vote?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Exalted's answer to life issues: Just gently caress already!

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
That's a heck of a lot better. Wow.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
No no, you see, pants. Pants all the time. No silly dresses. Just pants.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Has the voting been done for the last Martial Art yet?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Stephenls posted:

To be fair, when I say "to be fair" sometimes I do not mean to be fair.

Fair enough.

I do hope that the time tables remain accurate. My players are chomping at the bit to get started.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Yah I have always loved the aesthetics of Exalted. It all looks cool to me.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Bedlamdan posted:

I'm sorry I think you mean Big Boss and Meryl. :cheeky:

Also apparently there was some backstory teased out for Meryl over there, she's one of the signature Liminals and was stitched together from the parts of six different women. All six women worshiped a forest-god, the god sought to apply the principles of Voltron to create the ultimate worshiper by haphazardly combining parts of them and bringing the corpse back to life. Then the resulting Liminal became irate upon learning the circumstances of her birth, killed the god, and now does mercenary work for the Guild.

That is a pretty awesome backstory for a Liminal I have to say.

It's also good to see that Liminals can look human and aren't inherently monstrous.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Backer update. Looks like even the team is realizing that October was too ambious. Currently it is on a wait and see. Still aiming for October but unlikely. Holden is apparently rewriting the Dodge Charms right now.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I'm all good. I just want the best product I can defend my house with. If it takes a little bit extra then that is ok.

Also I am seriously hyped about 3rd Edition Trinity. I really want to take my guy from Adventure all the way to Aeon.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Clearly you weren't here when Ghostrapegate exploded on this thread.

Lets just say that it is a very sensitive subject that a few people believe that WW is not handling correctly. Also Holden, a developer, came on to the boards, got snarky, said some really stupid things and then got banned.

My golden orichalcum edition is now the sign of my sin of trying to defend him.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
My apologies then. I do agree that those charms can work, they just need retooling and better word choice.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I'm on the fence about being very worried and excited that the combat engine is being rewritten again. It just sounds like what happened to EX 2nd where it went through so many rewrites and had so many left overs from previous formats that it was left a hot mess afterwords.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I'd be happy if they had a clear divide, even if it's a new book if high level charms built around Essence 6+

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Exalted 3rd Edition: We have a sidebar for that.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
He is the type of guy that just likes to shove it all in upfront and hard, rather than take his time and build it up eh?

Now where have I seen that before?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
The way I think of it is that I still have a huge Steam backlog to get through. Holden's twitter comments and Stephanis's good nature on the board keeps us informed. All in all not a terrible thing to wait for.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I imagine the 'falls up' is a bit of word humour.

The charm seems pretty good to me. For light xp investment you get to be the perfect Sailor, something of which the Solar Exalted should be. After all, most Solars should be able to maneuver through rocky shoals or (if Sail is still used if your flying) glide through turbulent winds. As a perfect sailor, you shouldn't let something as almost succeeding (rolling a 6) get in your way. You either do or do not. There is no almost.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Don't worry all! We still get a great big Christmas present worth of new and exciting systems! No one had ever had a disappointing Christmas present right?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
We are all eagerly waiting for our Christmas presents :D so no spoilers!

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Has it been confirmed that Liminals are not in the Loom of Fate? It makes sense to me why they wouldn't, since they are horrible abominations created by desperation and madness. It would also explain how they have lasted so long in Creation.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
What is the hang up over eating babies? She is a 1000 year old crazy demi-god that is corrupt to the core and she eats babies. To me that just shows how far she will go to maintain terror in the eyes of the Eastern peoples so they don't band together to take down her kingdom.

In Canada here we had a mentally disturbed lady give birth to two dumpster babies recently. There was no rhyme or reason to it. Just crazy.

Raksi is a terror of the south and is mentally unbalanced. She thinks these are things to so because she is nuts. She is a child eating super powered murderer that will enter your house without a sound, kill your family, rape you and then eat the progeny if you dare stand up against her. I don't know about you but if I had that threat against me when all I had to defend myself was a pointy stick or crappy metal sword you better believe I'd fall in line.

Ancient mythology is full of this stuff; the Minotaur eating the flesh of virgin sacrifices, Lot let his daughters get raped and then they raped him right back, the island of Japan literally being made out of the semen of the creator god.

Exalted is supposed to invoke the ancient text of those times and for you to be a hero and rise against it. We are just supposed to ignore the material it is based off of?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

tatankatonk posted:

Aha, yes, what is the 'hang-up' about something that if you actually saw it happen in person would be the worst thing that you've ever seen and would scar you horribly forever.

My point was she IS a horrible monster that does things like flambé a child because the villagers didn't give her enough tribute this season. She is a horrendous evil taint on the world that will do things that a normal person wouldn't to fulfill her goals because she thinks that is the best way to get it done. That's the "What's the hang up". You are supposed to look at that and go "Wow, she sure is evil and crazy. Maybe I don't want to mess with her".

I realize that as adults we all want to know why, but can't the answer be because?

In your story that features Raksi, why not use those elements. Make it so that each child sacrifice brings her closer to achieving her Solar sorcery mastery. Or she has a pack with a 2nd circle demon that artificially extends her life at the cost of her humanity. Or in my case, she is just a crazy monster that my players are so terrified to fight that they will avoid her territory at all costs.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Dropping the dead babies bit is easy.

Raksi is an ancient Lunar Usurpation survivor. She was recently Exalted when the Dragon bloods and Sidreals attacked and was largely left to her own devices. She had no real mentor but was a burgeoning sorceress. Her dream was to unlock Solar level sorcery for herself. This later became and obsession and led to her Wyld tainted madness. Her only redeeming quality was that in her desperation to survive, she helped invent the Silver Tattoos that the Lunars use today.

She is an evil magic queen that sits upon a throne built upon skulls and surrounds herself with mindless minions that will do her every bidding.

She is the wicked witch of the East.

You can use her as a antagonist for your party or even as a mysterious sponsor. She might be crazy but she is still vastly intelligent and will work against her own wishes if it means destabilizing the realm or making her more powerful than other Lunars. Her goal is always more mystical might and she would burn her entire empire to ashes if it mean that she could access the hidden circle of magic.

You could also use her as an enemy of my enemy, attempting to use diplomacy to have her nation clash with that of another super power, like the Mask of Winters. It would be incredibly difficult and not likely to happen, but you are Heroes in charge if your own fate! You can do the impossible!

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Oh don't get me wrong, if they were to drop it is no sweat off of my back. I'll agree that I wish it was a footnote in peoples mind rather than one if the central aspects to her character. I just think that it should still be in, just played down. How do you play down something so heinous when you only have two pages to do it?

Excelsiortothemax fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 4, 2014

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Catching the occasional lugie of wisdom from your lofty ivory towers is sating me so far.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Long fiddly combat is ok. I can train my players to make quick decisions and teach then the system so they know what to do before their turn comes up. I'll even have the next person in initiative order getting their stunt ready while the currently active player is resolving their dice rolls.

I thought we were getting away from the BP/XP and instead were using Merits from NWOD?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Strength of Many posted:

They want to keep an XP system but do not wish to test it. I see.

This is the type of poo poo they are talking about. Something released and taken out of context.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Don't mind it. It's a woman in the Bronze Age wearing silk clothing with her tits out. If anything this is just part and parcel of the pulp comic book feel they are going for. The only thing different is that she is swinging the sword instead of some burly man doing it while she cowers in a corner.

But seriously Holden is epitome of a loving smug nerd and should not be allowed to interact with the community.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
It really is how he handled the question. Anything else but his tangible smugness and contempt at us lowly fans and consumers for dare asking why Titanica the Six Armed Shiva of the Tank Top is baring her mid drift.

He has access to writers and artists notes, story boards and previous sketches.

Can't we just get it man? GAWD!

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
It's always been an essence roll off at that point I believe.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I am loving the ideas that now my Orichalcum Diaklave is no longer a 2 dot artifact but instead can be The Relentless Typhoon of the Golden Age, bolstering my attacks with the strength of the wind and the power of unrelenting waves. I can build up the power in the weapon to a crescendo where I can push all my opponents back and smash them with the power of a hurricane!

That is what Exalted should be about. Legendary Heroes, Legendary Weapons.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Argas posted:

The way momentum works means you don't want to leave anyone completely unattended.

Sounds awesome. Are extras still a thing? Can they benefit from momentum?

Thank you again for all of the play testers answering some of our questions. To you too Stephenis. You have been a great addition to the on going discussion.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Exrandu posted:

The heroin pissing dinosaurs are confirmed to exist in some form in EX3.

I never got the issue with the HPDs. They see an interesting biological experiment. I see nothing wrong with them. Not on rape ghost levels.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

thatbastardken posted:

Reward surveys are out.

For some maybe. Must be doing them in waves.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Stephenls posted:

God forbid the man talk about something he's excited about on his Facebook page.

Gripers have to gripe. "But I wanted a red car" comes to mind.

I look forward to crafting!...as soon as I get my backer survey.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Yah still waiting for mine. I'd be worried if nothing shows up next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I'm super glad that now I can kick a dude down and then stab him with my sword and not be completely screwed by the dice mechanics and flurry penalties. I want my present!

• Locked thread