Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Mexcillent posted:

Got it, Dynastic civilization is a good thing in Creation.

No, 1e Lunars was very clear that if you went soft and lived in houses with flush toilets, Luna would take your powers away.

This was in the ST section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Nightskye posted:

Reminded, something Hatewheel put out in the kickstarter comments last night re: the whole rape ghost thing.

Given the amount Holden was trying to run around talking to people and trying to convince them it wasn't that bad and so on, this rings especially false to me. Especially given Onyx Path has said that Holden was meant to be the voice of the kickstarter in general. Basically: Yeah, I think Morke is lying out his rear end and doesn't even understand why he should be apologizing. If you want to apologize sincerely, you don't say 'go away, I don't want your money and will only apologize once I know you can't get any of the Kickstarter rewards.'

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Ferrinus posted:

Uh, why. Why would it be. It'll be a bid for money either way, since his answer will determine the future popularity and status of Exalted among people who object to rape ghosts.

Pretty much this, yeah. Now, whatever apology he makes probably will feel disingenuous to me, I admit. Largely because I don't trust him and don't like him. I've talked to too many people who've met the guy at cons or dealt with him in discussions to believe that he is legitimately going to understand or apologize for any of this.

(I'm actually way more okay with Holden, on the whole.)

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yeah, there are apologies that could be made! Ferrinus' would be nice.

It's just, the longer he goes without doing that and the more weaseling he does, the less I trust it, especially as I talk to people who have dealt with him in person or in relation to people he works with. So yeah, the longer this takes, the less likely I am to accept any apology he makes, you are correct!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Vadoc posted:

Apparently nobody will be happy about anything, whether done now or later. I agree it's better to maybe just do it afterwards. if he does it now then maybe gets more, but other people could feel insulted and withdraw their pledges. It's a no win scenario.

Is it really worthwhile to not apologize in order to spare the feelings of those who will be upset you didn't double down on rape ghosts?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Bedlamdan posted:

Will an apology really be taken as anything other than intentional obfuscation before secretly doubling down on rape ghosts?

Well, that depends. How long have I had to wait, and what else has the man apologizing said?

Seriously, dude. Context.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Bedlamdan posted:

Are there any forums, besides this one, still arguing over rapeghosts? I realize there might be, but I don't know if anyone gave a particularly vocal drat about the "clarification" except the people on SA, going solely by the other rpg forums I lurk on. And while I agree that, yeah, the charms are bad and I'd like them to discuss it, it'd seem pretty silly to make a kickstarter update just to satisfy the handful of people on SA who even give a poo poo about the game after 2E.

Actually, until yesterday there was an active thread in the White Wolf Forums over it. And I'm pretty sure there's more than just people on SA who are upset, what with the G+ activity I've seen with Onyx Path folks.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Bedlamdan posted:

Are you talking about the thread on the WTF D&D article on Exalted? Because that seemed less about "yeah rape ghosts are a bad idea" and more "how dare they not consider rape-ghosts to be brilliant!" I really don't know what to say to that beyond gently caress the White Wolf forums.

Oh, there was plenty of that, but when their thread got locked yesterday there were a good number of folks on the other side, too. Basically: mostly terrible people but a vocal minority of non-terrible people. The G+ stuff is more heartening and less rage-inducing.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Bigup DJ posted:

Have the devs made any comments on the Abyssal sex charms since the Kickstarter? I cancelled my pledge over it and it seemed like a pretty big deal, but I haven't heard anything since.

I've been paying fairly close attention for this and neither I nor my freelancer friend have heard anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Silence very much is not the best solution to giant public fuckups.

• Locked thread