Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sparda219
Nov 21, 2007

Just as some things can be right and useless at the same time, can't something be wrong and priceless?

Nessus posted:

Didn't Dark Messiah, in addition, grant some specific benefit from using dead bodies or coffins as weapons?
I think there was a charm that made it so that if you used the dead bodies or torn parts from your enemies as weapons against your foes you could force people to make morale checks or run away pissing themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sparda219
Nov 21, 2007

Just as some things can be right and useless at the same time, can't something be wrong and priceless?
1st edition tried way too hard to literally enforce the whole 'Lunars are Barbarians' stereotype to the point where they were nonsensically penalized for not acting like barbarians through mechanical means.

2nd edition then tried it the other way, making them social engineers whose purpose was to write new civilizations instead of rejecting civilization.

For third I'm hoping for something with the aesthetics of the 1st but the freedom and ingenuity of the 2nd. I think one of the biggest failings of the 1st edition Lunars (other than all of their mechanics, period) was that they were portrayed as just being not smart for the most part. They had some cool sidebars like the Songlines one, but then it was pretty much invalidated by them being so unable to not be big dumb luddites.

Sparda219
Nov 21, 2007

Since my probation I've had time to think about what I've read and what I've said and I have to say my confidence in the game line is shaken at this point. Without more evidence of mechanical strength and a lot more evidence that the writing team can handle criticism and feedback with maturity and a lick of thought for their fanbase I can't support them as strongly. I don't think I'll pull completely out of the kickstarter but I think I will definitely pull back my pledge to maybe just get the PDF instead of a physical book. (No matter how weak I am for that sweet sweet dead tree.)

Sparda219
Nov 21, 2007

MiltonSlavemasta posted:

Now, I'm loving inspired to make a system of rewards for indulging these.

That looks amazing, I hope you'll share such a system if you make it. Sounds like it could be an awesome replacement for the current Great Curse.

I'm kind of excited for full color versions of the Blessed Isle and Arms of the Chosen books. It makes me hope they'll splurge in Arms for full illustrations of the weapons a la Anima: Beyond Fantasy.

Sparda219
Nov 21, 2007

Attorney at Funk posted:

Man, Dorothy looks pissed.

A_Raving_Loon posted:

Now how 'bout y'all click your heels together three times and get off my lawn.

I thought something similar but gently caress you two are making me fall out of my chair laughing.

Also the dress does look a bit fancy for it with the underskirts and all but they definitely captured the 17-1800s farmgirl aesthetic with it. I love the pic, she looks doomed but at the same time not hopeless as she stands in front of a roiling army literally trailing their own stormclouds.

• Locked thread