Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Verse #7 may go with San Francisco. It mentions 'Twain's attention' with 'Twain' capitalized (Mark Twain spent time in San Francisco), that may refer to Calaveras County from his story, 'The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County'. The 'giant pole' may refer to Coit Tower.

In the picture for San Francisco, the post that the rose sits on looks like the shape of something--the Coit Tower or a cannon, possibly referring to The Presidio...?

If you're going to bury something in a park in San Fransisco then the Presidio is pretty much the way to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Bea Nanner posted:

I've also scouted Amazon for the cheapest pokey thing

and come up with a tree watering aide for $23, but I think we can do better.

something like

Needs to be easy to poke things in the ground, discreet as to not draw too much attention, and not so pointed that I will impale myself carrying it on a bike, and CHEAP. (And ideally on Amazon prime.)

Hardware or hobby store, pick up an appropriately diametered metal rod (I think they're occasionally called "piano wire" though I have no idea why), wrap one end in duct tape. That fulfills all your criteria except the amazon thing.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

HoboZero posted:

In truth, be free.

First thing that comes up as a google search is John 8:32

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Nnep posted:

Also I don't think that the 'metal probe' mentioned earlier is going to do anyone any good. This thing was most likely buried at least a foot underground originally, who knows now. Unless you double as the mighty Thor as a day job you're not coming anywhere close. Even if it down poured all night. Even if you could don't buy metal online for god sakes, go to your nearest hardware store and buy a piece of rebar or some emt conduit + a tee.

Dude, you can get an 1/8-1/4'' metal rod pretty far into the ground if it's soft, aerated, moist soil, as park sod tends to be. Rebar is way too loving thick and ribbed for her pleasure.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Devyl posted:

GENERAL

I think some of you are way over-analyzing these photos. If you look at the solved picture, you notice everything is there, plain to see. There's no 'zoom in with 5 times magnification, rotate 90 degrees, and decipher what MIGHT be a number or letter' business going on.

On the other hand, those are the two which have been found. Possibly due to the relative transparency of given clues.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Let's start a new treasure hunt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Robo Reagan posted:

let's find a good post you've made

O.k., so you've buried something and this is the cryptic clue to find it then?
I'm guessing the item you buried is your head and where you have buried it is in your rear end.
Now, to find a good post I've made would require accessing the SA archives, but the archives are broken.
I therefore reason that you have buried your head up your rear end in alexandria egypt.
I would arrange travel and dig permits immediately, but I'm reasonably certain that your head is not treasure.