Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.
I'm in Tampa. the map shows a dot on Clearwater, but the text is St. Aug, on the other coast. Judging from the Spanish looking dude in the painting, I'd guess St. Aug as it was a Spanish colony 500 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000

Achmed Jones posted:

St Augustine

I'm sure it's been noted, but the right side of the rock is a silhouette of a face.
I've noticed that too, but it seems too obvious. I've done a bunch of reverse image searches on isolated sections, like only the rock island, the horse figure, the owl and the flowers, no results. The flag emblem's resemblance to the fort has been mentioned too, but it's a little too abstract to convince me. I've been to the fort years ago and took a bunch of pictures, none of them seem to match the rock island or anything noticeable. Plus, cask 10's picture has the same circle motif too, a stone milling or grinding wheel?

The negative space shape of the lower right kinda looks like Florida, but only somewhat. I'm sure the cloud shapes, owl, rock island and stone 'face' will all be clear once the integral clue is deciphered.

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000

Very Nice Eraser posted:

And I thought I was so clever! I should have known that somebody beat me to the punch. Well if I get permission to dig I'll take tons of pictures, whether I find it or not.

If it somehow doesn't work out, I might be able to schedule a trip over there too. I'm in Tampa but enjoy visiting St Aug.

If the cask is found and the owl, rock, face and other fairly defined items are of no value, it's reasonable to assume other images may have items of no value as well.