Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Pepslexic posted:

Seems to be what makes these so tricky, so many interpretations. I'm getting a Queens vibe from this. For one, Staten Island would never be north unless your referring to Grant's Tomb. However the Broad Channel Island is north of Jamaica in queens, which would be the
"Cars abound
Although the sign
Nearby
Speaks of Indies natives"
Queens is also full of Greek Orthadox, with the only church being St. Demetrios south of the botanical gardens. I'd assume the grey arms would be part of the World's Fair exhibit left over, but kinda eh on that.

There was a Greek Orthodox church next to the World Trade Center that, predictably, was smashed when everything collapsed. The grey giant could be almost anything, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Dreddlocks posted:

I'm probably totally off the mark but perhaps the New York verse could refer to somewhere around the Verrazano-Narrows bridge? It extends over a slender (narrow) path. The bridge is supported by two massive grey towers. Giovanni Verrazano explored the West Indies. If you look north you would see the Manhattan island? Maybe that's the isle of B :shrug:?

e: Maybe Fort Wadsworth?

That is actually a really good guess, and it would fit the general location of the gem on the drawing if we consider the woman to be a rough outline of Manhattan

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

ruebennase posted:

There are a couple small parks west of Vernon and to the North of those is Roosevelt Island, which used to be called Blackwell Island.

I was just going to mention that. And it kind of works, if the Isle is actually an island.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
So, what do the multicolored blobs in the NYC picture represent? I can't imagine they are there for no reason. Flower gardens? I've tried some really simple image manipulation and nothing is popping out. Maybe a cheap pair of 3D glasses? I'm at a loss.

Another small detail I noticed was that the outline of the "window pane" is missing between the bird's wings.