Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I don't know anything about Montreal but if it's a matter of French Canadians the gnomes and fays could refer to the Celtic background of Bretons. Is there a heavily Breton area of Montreal in or around those areas?

Quebec doesn't have a significant celtic heritage, at least outside of the Irish-Canadian group.

I'd also be curious to know if the tam-tam groups were around 30 years back, they seem like a more recent phenomenon to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

Well spank me silly: this is the lat and Long of Louis Armstrong park:
29.962708,-90.069019

The use of decimal notation for lat and long coordinate wasn't common before the advent of GPS and computers. Most of that stuff was written in degrees, minutes and decimal of minutes or seconds.