Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Merlot Brougham posted:

Tribute - The Hunt For The 13th Casque

The Rules

The Lore:

The Image:

The Verse:

(Some of) The Clues:

The Iconic City Clue - Heigold House Facade, Lousville KY:

Some of the clues from Cherokee Park:

World's Fair Benches all over the park:

Murdock style drinking fountains:

The Christensen Fountain:

The Christensen Fountain:

Bernheim Bridge:

Hogan's Fountain:

Hogan's Fountain:

Hogan's Fountain:

Big Rock:

Holy smokes this really cracks me up, I'm out at Cherokee Park like every other weekend.

Guess its time to bring my shovel...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

FelchTragedy posted:

What do you reckon to checking out a spot for me? When is your next weekend round that park?

Either this coming Sunday or next (pending my wife's work schedule).

DandyLion fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jun 30, 2019

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

FelchTragedy posted:

Did you venture there? Also when you do, photos of the land where I said please. E-mail pics to me for now.

Not yet, didn't make it out this weekend so it'll be next (this coming Sunday).

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

FelchTragedy posted:

Dude you still on for tomorrow?

Heading out now. Will report back shortly.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

ghost1313 posted:

I solved it....took me 5 days to figure it out then another week to realize what i had found not only unlocked the secret for that one but for each and every one of the 12....Here's the kicker...I was able to test my theory on the two casques that had already been found. took me about 15 minutes to get right to the spot of the casque in both paintings.

Was it really 3'-4' down like the last ones? I've dug like a dozen holes now and am kind of incredulous that the new search felt the need to bury them so deep when the casque's are so small.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

FelchTragedy posted:

Hello are you still available to search? You have gone a bit dead on the old Email -You said you lost your phone and all. It's just things are hotting up in the area I mentioned. I have another inkling that I haven't posted yet in an Email yet but holy smokes it's interesting..

Hey bud yes sorry shits been crazy hectic with travel. I'll shoot you an email.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

FelchTragedy posted:

The latest search thing that I promised was sent for Sunday Morning hope you caught it.

Yeah I saw it, I'm back in town now and heading out this coming Sunday (October 6th) for some digs as per the latest insights.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

FelchTragedy posted:

Dude are you there? Sent you mails on the latest plan weeks ago. If life is still problemy- let us know.

Hey man yeah I've been out of town the last few weeks at various jobsites for start-ups. End of year gets really hectic for me as customers are trying to use up their end of year money.

I can try and make it back out this coming weekend or next, weather permitting.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

FelchTragedy posted:

Any joy with that? I emailed you if you could get back to me about it if you did go.

Sorry I forgot the password to that account after I cleared my cache the other week. Hit up 3 more of the marked digspots in the park but bully probe didn't hit anything solid in any of the three area's I checked. I'm pretty sure the one location that's cordoned off already with tape is for some other reason. Started to rain after the third so I we cleared out.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Drunk Nerds posted:

There is a park in Louisville that many solvers are convinced the treasure is buried in, due to some exact image matches. There are memorial benches throughout the park of a style depicted in the puzzle image.

JM loved Olmstead parks, and he would love this idea even if it turned out not to be the right park with the treasure.

I have dug all over/around Cherokee to no avail. At this point its so many years past burial that there aren't going to be any ground clues to the digspot exactly. Given how open the park is/was (at least pre-covid) its impressive they found a spot to bury it that wasn't noticeable from one of the many paths/walkways...

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

I actually found the spot and dug it up but all that was left was a cut internet cable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

I prefer to think the wrist was the break we made along the way.