Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reciprocator
Jun 26, 2002

You're not taking drugs are you? I only ask because there is a zero-tolerance policy on the island, and I wouldn't want you to have to punch yourself in the face.

Sucrose posted:

What are the reasons people are confident they've matched up the pictures with a city? Is it just from latitude/longitude coordinates hidden in each one? Like, how do you get "Boston" out of #11?

quote:

If Thucydides is
North of Xenophon
Take five steps
In the area of his direction
A green tower of lights
In the middle section
Near those
Who pass the coliseum
With metal walls
Face the water
Your back to the stairs
Feel at home
All the letters
Are here to see
Eighteenth day
Twelfth hour
Lit by lamplight
In truth, be free.

Green tower of lights in the middle section - The Green Monster at Fenway Park
"Feel at home" - Reference to "Dirty Water" by the Standells?
Eighteenth day, Twelfth hour, lit by lamplight - Paul Revere at midnight before the battle of Lexington and Concord (April 19th 1775)
You can also easily see the letters (the large S on woven into the design on the woman's skirt). I'm not sure if that's a b at the top of the circular stone arch or a flag.
Does her hair show the outline of the waterfront? Not sure.
The gem is an emerald - the emerald necklace series of parks in Boston

It also looks like that might be a tiny shamrock inside the fairy's wings.

Edit: Also, check out the (Boston) Globe helpfully included in the image.

Reciprocator fucked around with this message at 09:47 on May 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU