Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Henchman of Santa posted:

Lincoln Hall is small enough that I might die if I go

nah it's not bad. xiu xiu opened and did a noise / drone set and that was much louder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!

Carmant posted:

I'm going to be honest they should have stopped releasing music in *checks wikipedia page* 1996 and Gira should have killed himself or something to make the old Swans albums even cooler

That would have been very fitting.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Carmant posted:

I'm going to be honest they should have stopped releasing music in *checks wikipedia page* 1996 and Gira should have killed himself or something to make the old Swans albums even cooler

You're wrong.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

nah, it's cool and good. you can already order tickets for these shows and i would do it soon. especially, since any city relatively close to chicago that is south is getting the shaft (stl, kc, omaha, des moines) and the shows are on friday/saturday night (easier to attend). also, these shows are occurring during pitchfork and gently caress a pitchfork.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I saw them in a venue of the same size on the Seer tour with Xiu Xiu and it was fan-loving-tastic.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

WaryWarren posted:

nah, it's cool and good. you can already order tickets for these shows and i would do it soon. especially, since any city relatively close to chicago that is south is getting the shaft (stl, kc, omaha, des moines) and the shows are on friday/saturday night (easier to attend). also, these shows are occurring during pitchfork and gently caress a pitchfork.

I had fun at Pitchfork the one day I went last year, but nobody this year is nearly as good as Sleater-Kinney. My bigger conflict is Metal Threat Fest.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

WaryWarren posted:

Thanks for reminding me, I picked up tickets for Saturday. Missed them on the Seer and To Be Kind tours, want to make sure I see this "version" of Swans before they're done.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
21+. I'll be a month too young for the Chicago show, gonna try to make it up to Detroit.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

hughesta posted:

21+. I'll be a month too young for the Chicago show, gonna try to make it up to Detroit.

Your youthful constitution is much too soft to handle the noise.

Also holy poo poo you were in high school when The Seer came out. Now I feel super old.

Skttrbrain
Apr 6, 2008

Amazon has 30 second clips of all the songs. Cant wait!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E0ZPC7Q?ie=UTF8&keywords=swans%20glowing%20man&qid=1460607223&redirect=true&ref_=sr_1_1&s=music&sr=8-1

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Woah, just checked the setlist from their show that I went to a little over a year ago and it turns out they played like 4 songs from the new album according to that Amazon tracklist :stare:

That's counting Black Hole Man, which apparently got retitled for this album.

Frankie M.
A Little God In My Hands
The Cloud of Unknowing
Just a Little Boy (For Chester Burnett)
The Cloud of Forgetting
Bring the Sun / Black Hole Man

El Miguel
Oct 30, 2003
Have those tour dates been officially announced yet? I've seen some, but not the entire list from the previous page.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Yup, the entire list on the previous page have been announced. Got my ticket for Boston last week, looking forward to standing at the front in between all the OG fans from the 80's.

El Miguel
Oct 30, 2003

Anonymous John posted:

Yup, the entire list on the previous page have been announced. Got my ticket for Boston last week, looking forward to standing at the front in between all the OG fans from the 80's.

Much obliged. Got my DC tickets.

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

My name is Buck, and I'm here to fuck
Total Length: 1:58:23

:unsmigghh:

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

El Miguel posted:

Much obliged. Got my DC tickets.

Feel dumb for asking, but where? The link on Young God's page goes to 930, and 930 doesn't have it listed yet.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Whodat Smith-Jones posted:

Total Length: 1:58:23

:unsmigghh:

That's just an unreasonable amount of time to listen to old man Gira being weird for

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

A human heart posted:

That's just an unreasonable amount of time to listen to old man Gira being weird for

It is shorter than To Be Kind and the same length as The Seer

El Miguel
Oct 30, 2003

Silver Brushes posted:

Feel dumb for asking, but where? The link on Young God's page goes to 930, and 930 doesn't have it listed yet.

Hmm. I thought I got there from the 930 website; either way, I bought them through Ticketfly, so maybe try them directly.

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

Are there hand claps on that 2 minute exerpt for The Glowing Man or is just percussion?

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
gently caress I feel old. I was in high school when Filth came out.

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014
When Will I Return? (Excerpt) (Official Audio)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvcV75wxbTs

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

modestmusashi posted:

When Will I Return? (Excerpt) (Official Audio)

That's loving incredible.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

BBC radio played probably about half of The Glowing Man (title track) the other day, which you can stream here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b079cnvh

Starts around 53:00

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad

JnnyThndrs posted:

gently caress I feel old. I was in high school when Filth came out.

I was barely born and I'm old as poo poo.

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

So, I have The Glowing Man (journalism has its perks) and it's loving magnificent. It sounds absolutely huge, Gira's studio genius really comes through, and When Will I Return is the most harrowing piece of music ever put to record.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Upload it, be a man

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Cymbal Monkey posted:

So, I have The Glowing Man (journalism has its perks) and it's loving magnificent. It sounds absolutely huge, Gira's studio genius really comes through, and When Will I Return is the most harrowing piece of music ever put to record.
Am I ready to hear this thing? I don't think I am :ohdear:

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Cymbal Monkey posted:

When Will I Return is the most harrowing piece of music ever put to record.

It probably isn't, let's be real here

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Am I ready to hear this thing? I don't think I am :ohdear:

I don't know if it's possible to be ready.

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad

Cymbal Monkey posted:

When Will I Return is the most harrowing piece of music ever put to record.

I was pretty sure we were at that point when Michael Gira was yelling TOO SAWN LOU VEE TOURRR or saying in a baby voice that he's just a little boy. I did not enjoy that last album.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It's amazing but a pretty tough road to traverse

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

So I guess there's not gonna be a single or anything. God drat this has been an agonizing wait

Edit: welp, could've waited a few hours I guess

Whodat Smith-Jones fucked around with this message at 17:11 on May 27, 2016

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014

A human heart posted:

It probably isn't, let's be real here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa0a5WYTB9g

Find out for yourself

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

I don't think anyone with ears should be calling that song harrowing

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Why is the quality so bad

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

A human heart posted:

I don't think anyone with ears should be calling that song harrowing

It helps if you know the story behind it. That's Gira's wife singing about a time when she was kidnapped and raped (not by Gira).

El Miguel
Oct 30, 2003

Cymbal Monkey posted:

(not by Gira).

Is it wrong that I'm glad you added that?

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Cymbal Monkey posted:

It helps if you know the story behind it. That's Gira's wife singing about a time when she was kidnapped and raped (not by Gira).

You wouldn't know that from listening to it though would you, she might as well be singing about going to the supermarket for all the emotion in the actual song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

A human heart posted:

You wouldn't know that from listening to it though would you, she might as well be singing about going to the supermarket for all the emotion in the actual song

Vocals reminded me of that guy from King Crimson that wasn't Greg Lake, but sounded like an emotionless Malto-Meal mascot knock off of Greg Lake.

• Locked thread