Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES

Blast Fantasto posted:

I really love the new track. I'm glad it doesn't sound like something straight off The Seer.
It reminded me a lot of The Seer Returns personally but I love the track a lot. This album's going to be very diverse if the guest artists contributing and the demos from Not Here/Not Now are any indication.

edit: i'm seeing them in philly in may

Cromlech fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES

The rear end Stooge posted:

Album of the year so far for sure. I never thought I'd describe a Swans album as "fun," but this one totally is. The grooves of songs like "Screen Shot" and "A Little God in My Hands" are just infectious. My favorite track on "The Seer" was "The Seer Returns," and I'm super glad they're exploring further in that direction. I was lucky enough to see them during the tour leading up to the release of "The Seer," and I hope I can do it again the next time around; I would love to see how huge this stuff can get in a live setting.
Yea, The Seer Returns was my favorite not-Swansy-but-still-is track on The Seer! Glad to hear there's more songs in the same vein on this album, it was a cool direction. I haven't heard the new album yet, but, I'm seeing them next Thursday.

Should I bring earplugs? I'm leaning HEAVILY towards it.. And dressing light, too.

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES
My dad gave me some he uses for shooting assault rifles at the range, but yeah they're foam. Probably ought to get the good kind if I can before the show.

I do plan to stand really far back though. No real point to getting right up there, everyone's going to be in a trance anyway most likely.

• Locked thread