Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

My name is Buck, and I'm here to fuck
This is just......gently caress. gently caress me. God drat it. How is this possible? :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

El Miguel posted:

I refuse to listen since I'm seeing them next week (I've missed them more times than i can count, so I'm very excited about this!).

You should listen to it now and maximize the amount of times you hear it before you die

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Though I told my girlfriend afterwards (who didn't come with me because she can't handle Swans) that the show was like an endurance test. The show was sold out, so there was obviously a ton of interest in it, but people were leaving throughout the entire show. I guess they couldn't handle it either. By the end of the show, it seemed like only half the crowd was left. But goddamn, Bring The Sun/Black Hole Man was quite possibly the best part of the show. I didn't think there were any bad parts and I was entertained all the way through, but when that song kicked in, Jeeeeeeeeeeeeesus Christ, you could really feel the energy.

I saw them in Chapel Hill last week and noticed a lot of people leaving throughout the show. The crowd had thinned out a lot by the end of it. My friend and I started out pretty close to the stage but made our way towards the back after a few songs. This isn't even worth repeating because so many other people have said it, and the band's live shows are known for being incredibly loud, but god drat was it loud...

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

I can't believe this guy is gonna pump out another killer record less than 2 years after To Be Kind, which came out less than 2 years after The Seer. Gira is incredible.

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

I, too, am Executive Producing :chord:

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

^ How devastating is it?

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

Just gonna go ahead and assume this will be album of the year for me. Probably oughta preemptively crown them Artists of the Decade or Band of the Decade or whatever the gently caress

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

I really hate to see stuff like this for a multitude of reasons that I don't feel like typing here, but one of the many things that I find confusing is the fake email. I guess we don't have context for it, but what the gently caress? Does someone have michaelgira@gmail.com, and did some random person email that account and ask about the rape allegations? Maybe there's a very obvious explanation that I fail to come up with on my own. Just very odd.

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

Franz von Dada posted:

It's kind of upsetting that nobody is reporting her statements (since she's actually related to the case, being the one cheated on), but I guess we'll see what's what when that evidence comes forth.

Someone needs to report her statements if she did indeed make a statement, but unfortunately that could've been anyone who left that comment. We've already seen a fake email come out of 4chan

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

HorseRenoir posted:

Her FB account has a link to the article specifically mentioning the comments she wrote on it

Ah ok. Didn't know that.

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

Total Length: 1:58:23

:unsmigghh:

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

Are there hand claps on that 2 minute exerpt for The Glowing Man or is just percussion?

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

So I guess there's not gonna be a single or anything. God drat this has been an agonizing wait

Edit: welp, could've waited a few hours I guess

Whodat Smith-Jones fucked around with this message at 17:11 on May 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

Spam posted:

The version of Glowing/Black Eyed/Black Hole Man on The Gate wipes the floor with the studio version.

Could not disagree more. The production and additional arrangements make that song so much more immersive on the album. The version on the Gate is just louder.

• Locked thread