Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

FalseParadigm posted:

Just caught this thread after a friend clued me in to the Swans tour last night. I'm totally jumping in on the listening party!

I'm also coming off the high of seeing the Melvins a couple of weeks ago - I can't wait for more live sludge goodness.

Man, don't expect a high from seeing Swans. Gira had the festival he played at in Australia that I went to turn up the heat in the gigantic basketball court it was, when it was already 37+ degrees C outside. It was two hours of uncomfortable droney noise, and it was spectacular. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything else, but it was a hell of an ordeal to go through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Ugh this is gross. gently caress. Might have to change my producer cred on the new album.

Some dude posted this on /mu/ so take it with whatever sized grain of salt that means to you:

Looks legit, this was just posted on the Swans facebook:

quote:

re the horrible and untrue accusations from larkin grimm:
I am completely shocked myself. This is a slanderous lie. I will respond vigorously to defend my name against this horrible slur. I trust in the intelligence of those who have followed my work and respect me as a person, to know this is NOT the person I am. The rumor mill/"confessional" Facebook post travels like fire- but this one is lies. More soon. This is an utter nightmare. thank you for your support. please spread the word. this is lies!
https://www.facebook.com/SwansOfficial/posts/10154568990646978

Regardless, this thing is loving rife in the industry. If it's true, it sucks but will ultimately help victims of this poo poo in the industry step forward. If it's not true, it sucks and will hurt everyone involved and future victims.

Whorelord posted:

innocent until proven guilty

Assuming this is a false claim, he should really just release the screenshots of the emails/texts or whatever that say she's going to do this to spite him. Otherwise, it's important to at the very least, not immediately throw this out because time and time again there are stories exactly like this where the impetus of not immediately coming out with rape claims is that "it's detrimental to the career". As I said before, this is a huge issue in this industry and support should be shown to victims, the first step of which is, y'know, actual support rather than "nah not true". THAT'S THE poo poo THAT KEEPS THIS IN THE DARK.

I, Butthole fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 26, 2016

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Looks like Gira's solo Australian tour kicking off next Saturday just got cancelled.

At least Norman Westberg is doing a solo show next month.

• Locked thread