Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I think I'm gonna see Swans play Cleveland on Thursday. How stupid would it be to go without earplugs?

Also, looking at their setlists, the only song I know is going to be the Seer. I'm guessing they're fantastic live either way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This was the setlist on their tour last summer--more than half of are songs from this album! Weird that they seemed to be mostly supporting it 9 months in advance.

To Be Kind
Just a Little Boy
Coward
She Loves Us!
Oxygen
The Seer
Bring the Sun / Toussaint L'Overture

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Seer was my first exposure to Swans and I honestly didn't find it that crazy. I just thought it was kind of cool. The Great Annihilator and parts of Children of God gave me way more of the oppressive/insane vibe, and then To Be Kind just crushed me.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Lincoln Hall is small enough that I might die if I go

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

WaryWarren posted:

nah, it's cool and good. you can already order tickets for these shows and i would do it soon. especially, since any city relatively close to chicago that is south is getting the shaft (stl, kc, omaha, des moines) and the shows are on friday/saturday night (easier to attend). also, these shows are occurring during pitchfork and gently caress a pitchfork.

I had fun at Pitchfork the one day I went last year, but nobody this year is nearly as good as Sleater-Kinney. My bigger conflict is Metal Threat Fest.

• Locked thread