Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Swans are playing in my city in August, I cannot wait. One of my favourite bands ever and I've heard they loving destroy live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dutch wife abc posted:

I didn't attend my self last time they played here but Gira turned off the aircon one hour before the show. Think i remember him saying somewhere that he wants to simulate the same enviroment as a slaveship or something by doing this.

Sweatlodge was what I heard.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Listening to Swans in 96kbps is a disgrace.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mutation posted:

I didn't think Swans could've topped The Seer, and it will take more listens to really decide, but I think this has done it.

Sheeeit, I cannot wait.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

New album is loving class.

absolutely loving amazing

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 13:54 on May 5, 2014

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cromlech posted:

Should I bring earplugs? I'm leaning HEAVILY towards it..

Yes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gira has always been saying how the live shows are how he tests out new stuff for the albums.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Go to any music shop and get a pair of Vater drummer headphones for $20, your hearing is priceless.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

9.2 BNM :whatup:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They recorded that horse specifically for the track, there's a good recent interview on p4K with Gira.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Burning World is the only Swans album I've never listened to more than once.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Michael Girapist

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mutant Standard posted:

mods please rename thread to "SWANS: From the Seer to Filth in one accusation" tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Possibly Chicken posted:

The whole pitchfork review is gonna be about the rape Allegations and have one paragraph about the actual music, 8.1 no bnm.

:aaaaa:

• Locked thread