Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dutch wife abc
Apr 25, 2012

acephalousuniverse posted:

This is a cool idea. I'm a big fan of the Greed/Holy Money era as well as a lot of the stuff collected on Various Failures. At one point this was my favorite band but I haven't listened to them much since they started getting Pitchfork popular in the last couple years.

Also just want to post this super cute pic of them when they were young. :glomp:

I've got the Cop/Young Cod CD. The liner notes own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dutch wife abc
Apr 25, 2012

Friends Are Evil posted:

As for live albums, I really think that Public Castration Is A Good Idea should be put up as an optional album with Greed/Holy Money. The whole album's up on Youtube. It's loving vicious and it demonstrates just how intense Swans' live show was back in the day.

Oh yeah, this would have to be my all-time favourite of theirs. Gets my vote for the coldest, most lifeless album ever made. I used to have a habit listen to it when grocery shopping, not sure why

dutch wife abc
Apr 25, 2012

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

Rollins has gone on record saying that Swans were a huge influence on him. It was actually one of his spoken word bits where he talked about listening to Cop that introduced me to them way back when.

Really? You wouldn't have a link handy, the image of Rollins blasting "NO ONE RAPES THEM LIKE A COP IN JAIL" is bumming me out

dutch wife abc
Apr 25, 2012

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

I don't. It was on one of his early '90s spoken word sets probably, but I haven't gone back and listened to that stuff in a long time. He talks about being hassled by a cop while listening to that album.

Rollins suffers from some kind of police anxiety too so I guess he enjoyed that loads

dutch wife abc
Apr 25, 2012
I didn't attend my self last time they played here but Gira turned off the aircon one hour before the show. Think i remember him saying somewhere that he wants to simulate the same enviroment as a slaveship or something by doing this.

• Locked thread