Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Whodat Smith-Jones posted:

Total Length: 1:58:23

:unsmigghh:

That's just an unreasonable amount of time to listen to old man Gira being weird for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Cymbal Monkey posted:

When Will I Return is the most harrowing piece of music ever put to record.

It probably isn't, let's be real here

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

I don't think anyone with ears should be calling that song harrowing

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Cymbal Monkey posted:

It helps if you know the story behind it. That's Gira's wife singing about a time when she was kidnapped and raped (not by Gira).

You wouldn't know that from listening to it though would you, she might as well be singing about going to the supermarket for all the emotion in the actual song

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

modestmusashi posted:

They didn't put Swans in the headline of their "albums you should be listening to today."

ah gently caress, this is an outrage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

ICHIBAHN posted:

So i put on The Glowing Man, love this loving film, then the title track comes on, and that pulverising break strikes me and it's unrelenting, BOOM DA BOOM DA BOOM DA forever. I had to sit in my car after I'd finished my journey and just absorb the song. Unreal. So then i think, gently caress i need to hear more like this, I think I loving LOVE SWANS man... Well that's inaccurate, it's latter day Swans. So what kind of genre would you put their last 4 albums into? Who the gently caress is in their league? Genuine question.

they're a bit different but i get a similar vibe from some of Ramleh's rock material https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi282vuBVkA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EIt5-AFxZo

• Locked thread