Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Astrochicken posted:

Yea bummer. Seemed like such a sweet, wholesome guy.

lol!

I met him before a solo show once. He crushed my beta hand with his bonecrushing grip.

Ugh.

Ferdinand Bardamu fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Feb 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
Since Jarboe has been brought up in the last day, I just wanted to share an interview with her from a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE6Z2mCe0wY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkEwH9EPsuA

Not that anyone has the right to apply how he treated Jarboe to the accusations made by Larkin. I actually saw her perform with Helen Money in Italy and it was great. She sang her heart out, in front of a few dozen people (compared to seeing Swans in Bologna in front of 1,000). I genuinely feel so sorry for her, seeing how she was in the band for 15 years and wasn't even extended an invite like Norman was, much less the other, shorter-serving members. Perhaps it would too hard for MG to have his ex in the band again? She also provided vocals on The Seer when he asked for them, even though she had every right in the world to tell Gira to go gently caress himself. This behavior alone is making it hard for me to enjoy his music from here on out, rape or not. Soundtracks... is one of my desert island discs.

Also, I generally skip the Jarboe-sung Swans tracks and went to that concert to see Helen Money. Her collaboration with Neurosis was rad as well, but again I really like Neurosis.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
the seer takes on a new meaning now, ick...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sdOvQjtUrg&t=1365s

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

quote:

Here is a post from Larkin's most recent band where she accused the leader of sexual harassment

Clearly Larkin Grimm is not well. Mental illness does not equate with dishonesty. However, in Grimm’s case, both are active to the detriment of my colleague and former life partner, Thomas Ellis’s reputation and career. I have worked with Thomas for years now, and though our personal relationship did not work, I know him well and deeply and Grimm’s public depictions of him are errant and libelius. I continue to work with Thomas professionally and I stand with him in this matter. Larkin Grimm has admitted in writing that, when off her medication, she lacks compassion and enjoys playing tricks on people. During her short tenure with Heroes Are Gang Leaders, she wove a tapestry of lies about her past marriage, false suicide attempts, and a number of other stories that she carefully tailored to the particular listener in order to garner their sympathy and rely on their decency to keep her confidences private. As her statements became bolder and more difficult to fathom, members of HAGL began discussing them and quickly discovered that Larkin Grimm is a very calculating liar. When she feared her place in the band was in jeopardy, she fabricated sexual harassment allegations against the main three band members who saw through her lies and wanted her out. Later she addressed the entire group, promising no more lies and that she was trying to be a better person--that she felt that the person she was when she was playing was the better person that she strived to be in life. Unfortunately, Grimm has not been successful in that aim. She went on to publically conflate an unfortunate incident within my then broken relationship with Thomas Ellis--an incident she uses lies to describe--with a rape allegation she made against producer Michael Gira from 2008, two completely unrelated stories beyond Grimm’s opportunistic linking in order to publicise her new album.
-Margaret Morris of Heroes Are Gang Leaders

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Henchman of Santa posted:

Lincoln Hall is small enough that I might die if I go

nah, it's cool and good. you can already order tickets for these shows and i would do it soon. especially, since any city relatively close to chicago that is south is getting the shaft (stl, kc, omaha, des moines) and the shows are on friday/saturday night (easier to attend). also, these shows are occurring during pitchfork and gently caress a pitchfork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
Soundtracks will probably remain my favorite Swans album and a desert island disc.

Psyched to be seeing them in Chicago, even though I still haven't figured out a place to stay at. Also, the show starts at 11, probably to accommodate the people also attending Pitchfuck. Goddamnit.

• Locked thread