Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
Wear comfortable shoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
My favorite part of the new Swans album is when I laugh out loud at a 60 year old man yelling TOO SAWN LOU VEE TOURRR. There are also horse sounds. Who knew they'd break into the comedy game this far into their career.

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
Michael "Fourvel" Gira over here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJsFGWIA6to&feature=youtu.be&t=31s

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
I think Norman Westberg gets his dick out and Lydia Lunch touches it or something (not sure, I covered my eyes) in a Richard Kern flick.

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad

Mutation posted:

I like the idea of another album in the same iteration of this Swans, and then leaving it at that - A perfect trilogy of soul annihilating records.

The new one would make it a quadrilogy.

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad

HorseRenoir posted:

My Father doesn't really count; it's basically an Angels of Light album that became a Swans album halfway through recording.

It has the exact same members and sounds close enough not to be pedantic about it.

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
I recorded two songs recently that somebody said gave them Public Castration Is A Good Idea vibes although that wasn't my intention, but I'll accept it.

https://pleasuredomenoise.bandcamp.com/album/walls

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad

Bolocko posted:

If you owned a Caravaggio painting would you get rid of it because he murdered someone (while attempting to castrate him)?

I'm throwing away all my Caravaggios as we speak.

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
Really makes you think about "Raping A Slave" too.

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad

JnnyThndrs posted:

gently caress I feel old. I was in high school when Filth came out.

I was barely born and I'm old as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad

Cymbal Monkey posted:

When Will I Return is the most harrowing piece of music ever put to record.

I was pretty sure we were at that point when Michael Gira was yelling TOO SAWN LOU VEE TOURRR or saying in a baby voice that he's just a little boy. I did not enjoy that last album.

• Locked thread