Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AtomicRust
Aug 6, 2013

Morning, Lister! How's life in hippie heaven, you pregnant baboon-bellied space beatnik?
'Filth' has been remastered for both vinyl and CD and is now available for preorder! It is going to be released Oct. 28th!

And, of course, it comes signed by Michael Gira!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomicRust
Aug 6, 2013

Morning, Lister! How's life in hippie heaven, you pregnant baboon-bellied space beatnik?
New album out in Sept, and will be the final album & tour for this incarnation of Swans

AtomicRust
Aug 6, 2013

Messaged Swans on Facebook last night asking about possible vinyl issues of the later 90s albums (Soundtracks onward), because I wasn't sure if that had ever been addressed. Gira responded, and confirmed that, gradually, all the Swans releases will be seeing vinyl issues!

Super excited to see how the Soundtracks packaging will be done!

AtomicRust
Aug 6, 2013

Spam posted:

I don't fancy paying $500 for The Great Annihilator so I'll gladly bide my time.

Yeah, I much prefer waiting for remastered vinyl issues than paying a godforsaken amount for an old copy. Preordered the White Light/Love of Life vinyl boxset last week, for all that's included $67 was a complete steal. Super excited for it to get here in December.

AtomicRust
Aug 6, 2013

program666 posted:

yes, following Gira on facebook is great. Some other band I'm a fan of only posts their own songs, Gira posts music that he loves which is way way more interesting of course.

Edit: Actually I follow Swans, not Gira.

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Gira runs the Swans facebook or did the last time I used facebook

Yeah, Gira personally runs the Swans Facebook page along with his personal Facebook. He signed the end of the message he sent me, so he also responds to all the messages! I follow both him and Swans, and most of the time he just reposts posts he makes on his FB to the Swans page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomicRust
Aug 6, 2013

My White Light from the Mouth of Infinity/Love of Life boxset came in the mail yesterday, the packaging is fantastic! Really enjoy that it comes with two posters, along with "Blind" being inserted into White Light. "Blind" seems rather out of place on White Light, especially where it's placed in the track listing, but glad to have it nonetheless.

The bonus CD, is sadly, just a compiling (and assumed remastering) of various tracks from the World of Skin, the Various Failures compilation, the live albums Anonymous Bodies In An Empty Room & Omniscience, and the Love of Life single. I wish they were something entirely unreleased or session tapes from those albums, surely some unreleased Swans tracks still exist that have yet to see the light of day.

• Locked thread