Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014

program666 posted:

I'm guessing this is more a thing for people that wanted physical versions of this record but stuff like the amount of details you can listen in the music is basically the same right?

Remasters usually sound better. I personally have the best setup speaker-wise hooked up to my turntable, so blasting that bad boy will be a fresh treat. Now, if anyone claims that "you really haven't heard it until you've heard the remastered vinyl," you can confidently ignore that person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014

Mutation posted:

What happens when you play it backwards?

You hear a perpetually looping alternative version of Cher's "Love After Love"

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014
God loving dammit no

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014
http://music-illuminati.com/interview-larkin-grimm/ from 2012

quote:

JM: Your 2008 album Parplar was co-produced by Michael Gira and released on his label. What was it like working with him?

LG: Totally magical and wonderful. I love that guy. We parted ways for good reasons but it was an experience that changed my life for the better. Mr. Gira is a very inspiring man. He is also a truly good, kindhearted person. Not everybody realizes that about him because his music is so intense. I think I could work in the studio with that guy forever and be happy. But our lives outside the studio really clash.

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014
When Will I Return? (Excerpt) (Official Audio)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvcV75wxbTs

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014

A human heart posted:

It probably isn't, let's be real here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa0a5WYTB9g

Find out for yourself

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014
Anybody cop The Glowing Man leak? It's in the /mu/ archives.

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014
It's getting pretty lukewarm reviews with several reviewers acknowledging the rape accusations.

http://www.tinymixtapes.com/music-review/swans-glowing-man

quote:

We are, therefore, at something of an impasse when it comes to approaching his band’s music through the prism of his private life, since any attempt to form a conception of Swans’ 14th album in terms of his concrete existence is confounded by the uncertainty and equivocation surrounding the moral worth of this existence. What’s more, it’s this uncertainty as much as anything else that reveals how dangerous the task of weighing a musician’s art against their ethics can be, even if our status as moral agents and political animals arguably impels us to uphold ethical standards at the same time as aesthetic ones.

P4K's probably going to poo poo all over it. They didn't put Swans in the headline of their "albums you should be listening to today." I'm enjoying the album, but it feels like I'm doing so in a weird vacuum, and I'm having to ask myself if I'm a bad person for enjoying it, and then ask myself if I'm a sheep if I think I'm enjoying it less. I am failing at separating the art from the artist.

That loving groove at 18:16 in Cloud of Unknowing tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014
Agreed, but I mean they gave their last two albums 9+/10s. When Radiohead posts something on Instagram it's considered breaking news.

E: If they felt the same way they did about Swans 2 years ago, they would prioritize them above a new Mitski record.

Poppy Nogood fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 17, 2016

• Locked thread