Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Miguel
Oct 30, 2003
I refuse to listen since I'm seeing them next week (I've missed them more times than i can count, so I'm very excited about this!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Miguel
Oct 30, 2003
Oh my heavens. I feel like I have been beaten up today - beaten up by sound. I felt my bones vibrating last night.
I doubt anyone reading this is on the fence about seeing them, but if you are - go!

El Miguel
Oct 30, 2003

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Snagged this from setlist.fm:

(Unknown – "Frankie M")
A Little God In My Hands
Oxygen
(Unknown – "Sunlight, please don't go")
The Apostate
Bring the Sun

Miguel, can you give some more details about the show? I'm thinking of doing a road trip out west in September and possibly catching them in Portland

What would you like to know? It was spellbinding. I didn't move at all (I drank one beer! and then held the empty bottle all through the set). I really have a hard time articulating it. I remember hearing someone describe Fugazi, once, as the kind of band that could play on a stage lit by one single solitary light-bulb, and still kill it. That's what this was like: no gimmickry at all. It was transcendent (ugh. pretentious. but it really was).

Hello other DMV goon.

El Miguel
Oct 30, 2003

Decades posted:

No reason not to dive in. I made my own schedule and am up to Love of Life and it's goin great.

That was the first thing I ever heard by them - I caught the video on 120 Minutes one night, and it was revelatory.

El Miguel
Oct 30, 2003
Despite that, it's actually good.

El Miguel
Oct 30, 2003

ICHIBAHN posted:

i can see why. this period (white light-annihilator) really is the sweet spot. really looking forward to getting to the dark, dense later albums.

this week, love of life.

If at all possible, track down the single too. And I agree...

El Miguel
Oct 30, 2003

sharktamer posted:

Love of life is one of my favourites. I never really hear it get much praise.

I think that it is their pre-resurrection highlight, actually. It's also the song the got me into the band.

El Miguel
Oct 30, 2003
Have those tour dates been officially announced yet? I've seen some, but not the entire list from the previous page.

El Miguel
Oct 30, 2003

Anonymous John posted:

Yup, the entire list on the previous page have been announced. Got my ticket for Boston last week, looking forward to standing at the front in between all the OG fans from the 80's.

Much obliged. Got my DC tickets.

El Miguel
Oct 30, 2003

Silver Brushes posted:

Feel dumb for asking, but where? The link on Young God's page goes to 930, and 930 doesn't have it listed yet.

Hmm. I thought I got there from the 930 website; either way, I bought them through Ticketfly, so maybe try them directly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Miguel
Oct 30, 2003

Cymbal Monkey posted:

(not by Gira).

Is it wrong that I'm glad you added that?

• Locked thread