Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FalseParadigm
Apr 30, 2005

Chew, chew, chew. That is the thing to do.
Just caught this thread after a friend clued me in to the Swans tour last night. I'm totally jumping in on the listening party!

I'm also coming off the high of seeing the Melvins a couple of weeks ago - I can't wait for more live sludge goodness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FalseParadigm
Apr 30, 2005

I, Butthole posted:

Man, don't expect a high from seeing Swans. Gira had the festival he played at in Australia that I went to turn up the heat in the gigantic basketball court it was, when it was already 37+ degrees C outside. It was two hours of uncomfortable droney noise, and it was spectacular. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything else, but it was a hell of an ordeal to go through.

Luckily, I will be seeing them in the sanctuary of an old church turned rock venue. It's naturally cool inside the all stone building; I hope they don't turn on the heat! We're already up to 32+ regular highs here. I will however take two hours of drone though, totally worth it.

FalseParadigm
Apr 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Sweatlodge was what I heard.
Oh god...I don't do well in sweltering heat. Stop scaring me :(

FalseParadigm
Apr 30, 2005

Hope everyone is still listening :)

I'll be seeing them next Tuesday - can't wait. Anyone else seeing them or will see them on this tour?

FalseParadigm
Apr 30, 2005

El Generico posted:

THIS FEELS GOOD.
OPEN YOUR MOUTH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FalseParadigm
Apr 30, 2005

Eurekapile posted:

I think I was at the same show! It was very intense, loud, and totally mad. He said they're working out new songs for the next album and it did seem like the show might have been all new material except one song. From what I was hearing the new album could be very heavy and noisy, think, 'The Apostate' as every track.

The venue was an old church. Very cool setting. Here is Gira on the lookout before the show.

Also, yes, wear earplugs. I saw someone running out clutching their ear after one particularly brutal whistle bit.
You were indeed! I'm glad you got a shot of the stage; I wanted to post a pic of it here but left my phone at home.

I'm still reeling from the sonic assault.

• Locked thread