Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

InstantInfidel posted:

Expecting this from the same company that offers one of the shittiest panels known to the PC industry on its flagship industrial PC and has proceeded to abort the T4XX series over and over?

HAH

Apparently the Haswell Lenovo items are expected to golive on June 13th. This information came to me from a Lenovo rep. Not sure if that's well known or not but figured it couldn't hurt to state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Now that has well is out and I am looking to replace my 2 year old xps studio 15 dell laptop, what is the recommended best buy available now or within one month?

I am looking for portable and powerful as my two primary requirements and would like it to be about 4 lbs give or pref take and cost about 1000. Screen size should be about 14inches or more and I'd sacrifice weight for a better battery. I also am hoping to find something that doesn't look like its designed for 12 year old l33t doodz...looking at you Alienware....

Anyway you guys give great advice. I am a gamer but i don't care if it can't play awesome games in 2 years which is about the life expectancy i have been getting out of my laptops. The as us infinity and dell 12 look interesting but dell doesn't seem to be rolling out has well laptops yet as far as I can tell. Any major finds i am missing?

Thanks again goons, love the work thats gone into this thread and my hats off to the op and contributors. This is typed on my tablet so i apologize for brevity and typos.

Edit to add that I have a desktop i love and this is meant for travel entertainment so i am ok sacrificing things like DVD drives or big screens in case that helps.

SoggyGravy fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jun 16, 2013

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

fookolt posted:

This waiting for Haswell is some painful poo poo, Hadlock :argh:

Oh wow I did not realize the rollout was being spread out over half a year, that explains a lot!

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

unpronounceable posted:

Someone earlier in the thread claimed there would be an announcement on the 13th, but that didn't pan out. Not really surprising seeing as how it was a completely unsubstantiated claim. IIRC, the T430 was released about two months after IVB was released, so take that for what you will.

That was me based on a text conversation I had with a Lenovo sales rep. Beyond that the claim had (and now that it is the 17th I can say officially has) no other basis. I am still waiting but growing frequently impatient :smith:

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
If I am looking for a:

13-15" laptop similar to a MBA (in weight/power) with at least 3 hours of battery life under heavy use (running a game at normal settings or creo/wildfire/pro-e etc...) and a dedicated GPU (for many reasons including the programs I use mac is not really an option even in a virtual environment.) What would my best bet be? I would like to get a laptop soon but can wait another month or so if something that matches my criteria isn't out but around the corner. I am willing to spend up to ~1,000, I don't need some monster machine that can crank out crysis 3 but I do play a lot of dota 2 and the occasional console ported title (bioshock infinity for i.e.) and they don't seem to be resource hogs.

Was looking at a yoga but it pains me that it does not have haswell and I can't imagine they have the market cornered on that. If my post is not descriptive enough can you guys guide me on what additional information I would need to provide? I feel like I see lots of cool options and none have resonated with me as the perfect match. Also whats a good dedicated gpu card that is not a heat/power hog but will last for the next 2 yearsish?

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

Hadlock posted:

T430 with a 6 cell battery + 9 cell Slice Battery + ultra bay battery? That should give you 12 hrs on the road when you need it. What's your price range, whats your line of work (programs, etc), how much do you travel? Are you concerned about the graphics primarily for games or for 3d CAD stuff?

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/detail.page?&DocID=PD024286

Price range is ~1000 plus a bit if theres good value a bit above that. Graphics I am concerned for both but usually games end up being more limiting since CAD I do is not too many assemblies or rendering mostly modeling. I'm starting up an MBA so I want it to look like a normal laptop if not sleek/sexy. I know people here swear by thinkpads but I have never loved the look. If they are the best option though I could probably get over that of course. I never need more than 5-6 hours of battery life (and rarely at that) so that sounds like a great option.

I currently have a dell xps15 I got from the dell outlet store that has had a phenomenal 2 year run and still plays most if not all games I play (all be it at lowered settings these days). It just has no battery life (like 1.5 hours) and is quite heavy. Anything that is in the 4lb range for me is a huge plus too (even without additional battery)

EDIT: I don't travel a ton but more than most, plus the MBA program will involve a good amount of just chilling somewhere away from home since I do it at night.

SoggyGravy fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jun 28, 2013

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
out of curiosity and as a benchmark for my own future purchases: I have a ~2 year old refurbed dell xps 15 with 2gb dedicated gpu GTX 435m and q740 i7 cpu with 9 cell battery (that sort of acts like a stand since it angles the laptop when on a flat surface). This thing has performed pretty admirably for me, never had an issue with not being able to run a game I wanted to play on it and the only downside is its a bit heavier and the battery life is not great thanks to the i7 no doubt.

Would you guys have panned this sort of laptop? Also what would today's equivalent be, would it still need the battery sucking i7 to be equivalent in today's software market?

EDIT: this dell xps15 was right before they ended up splitting the line between studio xps and alienware to be more distinct.

Sidenote to the 17.3" laptop guy above:
Why not recommend the 14 razer blade to that guy who wanted the 17.3 inch behemoth, I've heard positive things about it given what it is (storage options aside....128 gig ssd....yeesh)

SoggyGravy fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jun 29, 2013

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
I know you guys love Yoga 13" and MBA 13" but what is the consensus on which to go with (both seem similarly priced). Is it the debate between touchscreen Yoga with its "modes" of operation versus mac OSX and itunes or is there more to it?

EDIT: seems haswell is the difference so is MBA 13" def recommended over Yoga when in comparison if you don't care about windows vs mac osx?

SoggyGravy fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jun 30, 2013

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
If money were no object and I were looking for something similar to the razer blade 14" (but not necessarily requiring a quad core i7 but definitely a discrete GPU of some sort) that was not as gaudy as the" razer blades garish green logo and weighed less than 5 lbs what sort of options would I be looking at?

Just browsing newegg and I found this : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152408

seems almost too good and makes me nervous when it's so cheap and light compared to razer 14".

SoggyGravy fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 3, 2013

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

fookolt posted:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/what-notebook-should-i-buy/662161-thin-light-11-14-notebooks-gaming-worth-compendium-2013-update.html

That might help. My dream laptop is a 13.3-14" Haswell with an Iris 5100, a Thunderbolt port for eGPU, and a really high quality display and keyboard.

Basically, I'm waiting for the next MacBook Pro Retina 13 :smith:

Awesome link and even has the laptop I added in my own post thanks! Still reading it but seems like there are a lot more competitors to the blade than most of the media would have you believe.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
It does and reading that thread about the build quality explains a lot. I am hearing some positive chatter on this Clevo W230ST but no idea when it is out yet.

The indecisive man that I am, I am now looking at the razer edge as an option. I guess I am a sucker for their marketing, wish I could have a conversation with someone who owned one of these things or at least could try it for a week or two to know if it would meet my needs.

SoggyGravy fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jul 3, 2013

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Still wondering if anyone here has yet to buy any of razer's systems... Can the screen on the blade 14" be replaced/upgraded? Can the HD be upgraded? My guess says the screen can but the HD cannot although I have read that the HD on the edge (the tablet) can be upgraded.

I bought my Dell XPS 15" about 2 years ago and have been incredibly happy with the age curve that it has had. GT 435M with 2gb, i7 CPU, and 512gb HD 15.6" screen. The biggest issue I've had is battery life and weight. Both of which are only minor issues for me rather than deal breakers. Finding something that is thinner/lighter but willing to pay up to 2k for to me seems like a tradeoff I am willing to make. I must admit I am incredibly nervous about making any purchase that does not allow me to test the product/return it and I don't think that is possible with Razer products (please let me know if you know otherwise).

Anyway if anyone knows of someone who owns the product that I can ask them questions about their experience with it I would appreciate that, barring that if you guys know of anything coming out before september that I should keep an eye on I don't mind waiting until end of August to make a purchase.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

havenwaters posted:

There is a disassembly guide on the notebook review forums.

It's main focus is replacing the msata ssd but you can see the hard drive right there and it is hooked into what looks like a standard laptop sata port and should be easy to remove after you get the back cover off.

I don't know about the screen.

Thanks for the link, that is for the blade pro 17" as far as I can tell (since it talks about the 500gb HDD which is not on the 14" model) and I do agree with people here on the fact that anything above 15" is absurd for the most part (and even then 15" is a bit big at times)

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Separate question since my wife is in the market for a laptop and someone said to wait for the rMBA since the current MBA just had haswell but not the retina screen. Are you guys in agreement with that? If so I am assuming that won't be for like a year in which case that answers my question on whether to wait.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

havenwaters posted:

Whoops. Forgot that was just a general razer forum.

Anyway after some googling it looks like none of the parts can be upgraded by an end-user. If you replace anything, even the hdd, you forfeit your warranty. I can't find any disassembly guides on it either.

That is definitely interesting, thanks for the details. I hate how there are a few options but nothing hits the BUY IT NOWNOWNOW button for me, somewhere in there is a metaphor for life I am sure.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

Mutation posted:

The Clevo W230ST is sounding better and better the more I read about it, maybe it's worth waiting a couple of weeks for it's release?

Definitely excited to see how that one shapes up, seems like it is coming out in July but there is so little concrete details other than July and a few specs from french and other non-us sites.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
So I think I have decided on going with the 14" blade, it doesn't look like anything comparable will be out (only see 13" books which I think are too small at that point) but I notice when going to order there is a little backorder icon. Do any of you have experience or an idea of what this means in terms of a wait time? They don't have a sales line to call to get clarification but I figured in case you guys know something I'd ask, no harm no foul sort of thing.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Thanks for the quick response!

I'm probably not going to hit the button until early-mid August so I guess if something comes out before than that is a better buy I'll check it out. I wish I was so much more patient...

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

Sendo posted:

I hope that's just a place holder price :stare:

Nothing about that laptop compared to others seems to scream at me 1600+ USD

InstantInfidel posted:

Don't do that to yourself. If you play the "Well, if I wait two more months..." game, you'll never end up buying a laptop and if you do, you won't be happy with it. You can window shop now, but understand that the technology is constantly improving, and you absolutely cannot play a waiting game.

I realize that but I can afford to wait until August so I can't think that waiting until then will be a bad thing at least at that point I can say to myself I made the decision out of a need and not just because I saw something I liked and hit "buyitnow". That being said my old laptop was 500gb and the one I would get is 256gb but these days I can't imagine using more than 200gb since I don't download movies only stream and I don't own much music only stream it.

SoggyGravy fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 8, 2013

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Loved reading the conversation going on here from this morning/afternoon. Does anyone know what the dell xps 15 laptops from about 2 years ago had for a screen? I am happy with mine and if it is similar to the blade than I'd have no reservations at that point. Must be a way to tell since I still have the laptop.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Now that it's official what are everyone's thoughts on the W230ST Clevo/Sager 13"? http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo-reviews-owners-lounges/715556-official-clevo-w230st-sager-np7330-owners-lounge.html

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
I am confused, other than a place like xoticpc where can I buy the Clevo W230ST laptop? Are they the best place to go to? I am almost totally convinced that bang for buck this will be the way to go instead of spending 2300 on a blade. It seems almost too good to be true. What do you guys recommend customization wise to get the most bang for buck out of this guy given that I don't want it to be a portable brick or super duper loud/hot becuase I chose to get the higher wattage cpu that wasn't necessary. I am not up to speed on all the latest CPU units since it has been about a year since I last built a PC.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

Switched.on posted:

In my googling last night, I found a good laptop subreddit with a list of reputable Clevo/Sager resellers.

http://tinyurl.com/q7bxgr9

Thanks that helps a lot, still wondering what sort of configuration actually makes sense for this laptop and still waiting for some user feedback of course since that is usually the most valuable but it looks very promising!

Tried messing with XoticPC's configuration stuff and found myself spending 1800 from 1300 base without actually adding much beyond a raid 0 128gb + 128gb ssds

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Yeah I'm not looking to get something that will be able to launch me into outerspace, cook me breakfast and then sizzle my appendages off in a flash flame. That being said I was just curious from you guys that IF you were going to buy the Clevo W230ST (with the 14"blade being the [alternative] so to speak) what configuration would you go with? I do not need the extra 2 FPS id rather have something that is quieter/longer lasting than eek out that extra frame.

Clearly I am not constraining myself on budget granted but no need to spend money unnecessarily. The blade is expensive but there is no alternative configuration or model that matches it so the price is what it is on that one.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

InstantInfidel posted:

Asus makes a pretty drat good machine and they incorporate cooling into the entire design. The entire G-series is worth a look, but that one in particular is their smallest (albeit, last-generation) model.

very interesting, have they announced when that is going to be refreshed? I could wait if it wasn't too far off (1-2 months max)

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
If I were to get a w230ST laptop (or one of equal power, I don't mind 14") what would it be? My current laptop literally just melted in my bag somehow....probably battery related since it was off when it happened but it is virtually unusable (no usb ports warped keys etc...) so I can no longer wait. I don't want to get a laptop that will literally keep me up at night with its fan of doom but I do want something powerful enough to handle any game I throw at it for the next 1.5-2 years (obviously at realistic settings, I'm not insane about my expectations).

If you guys feel the w230ST is the best bet what configuration would you recommend? I am worried about the heat/fan issues if I went with a higher power consumption configuration. I also don't mind spending 1500 or so if that gets me what I want.

Thanks for your help and the continued advice offered in this thread.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Thinking of this configuration, would love to know your thoughts on price and choices: I did not see a 4702 only a 4700 option, is this an issue? I also do not know the price since I requested a student price quote and they have not responded yet.

Sager NP7330 (Clevo W230ST) Remove Delete
Qty: x $1,613.00 = $1,613.00
Click here for more details
Base price:$1,069.00
Configuration:
Product Subtotal
Instant $50.00 OFF! (my order is over $1, 350.00) $-50.00
13.3” Full HD 16:9 Wide screen (1920x1080) LED-Backlit with AHVA (Advanced-Hyper-View-Angle) in Matte $0.00
NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 765M with 2GB GDDR5 Video Memory $0.00
4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz) $0.00
IC Diamond Thermal Compound - CPU + GPU $35.00
Genuine Microsoft Windows® 8 Professional 64-Bit Edition $140.00
8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz - 2 X 4GB $0.00
Remove All Branding $0.00
750GB 7200rpm SATA Hybrid Hard Drive with 8GB SSD $90.00
Crucial® 256GB CM4 Series mSATA SSD - Preconfigured as an OS Drive (Primary Drive C) $230.00
Killer™ Wireless-N 1202 with Bluetooth 4.0 (Dual Band) $50.00
Removable 6 cell smart Lithium-Ion battery pack 62.16Wh $0.00
LIFETIME Limited Labor and 1 Year Premium** Parts Warranty $0.00
Rush Order Service - Shipping within 2 business days (not including day of order) $49.00
FREE UPS Ground (CONUS Only) $0.00

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

InstantInfidel posted:

Two things: don't pay extra for thermal paste and don't pay for a factory SSD, buy your own and install it yourself. Doubly true for Crucial, which has had quite a few problems with firmware for the M4 line.

edit: third thing, you don't need Windows 8 Pro, get the cheapest option you can.

Awesome,

Thanks for that advice i'll update accordingly, also do you know if the 4700 option they offer is comparable to the 4702 or should I look and see if I can find the laptop with a 4702 since I could have sworn that was an option with this model.

EDIT: how do you recommend then that I have the OS come pre-configured on the SSD and what SSD do you recommend?

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Do you guys have advice on the whole dead pixel gaurantee policy as well as the copper cooling upgrades that I see? My instinct says no to each but figured I should ask some experts here.

Also it is odd but I no longer see the 4702 option for the Clevo W230ST models...wierd I swear I saw it a week ago on most resellers.

SoggyGravy fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jul 21, 2013

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Wow I cannot find a w230ST with 4702 cpu anymore....what gives?

EDIT: So it looks like I cannot find the 4702 CPU available at any of the resellers I checked, not sure why. Should I try and wait to see if I can somehow find one or am I okay going with the 4700? I wish I had a better sense of this but it is the last decision remaining before I hit buynow with no regrets.

SoggyGravy fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 23, 2013

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
[quote="InstantInfidel" post="417710978"]
Again, you will see zero real-world performance gain or loss between the two before your entire CPU is comically outdated.

The reason I ask is not from a power stance but rather from a heat stance since I want the 4702 but cannot seem to find it available at any place I have located (if you know of one please let me know as I have checked Xotic, Malibi, LPC-Digital and powernotebook.com). Rather my question is will the additional wattage and heat from the 4700 be significant enough to warrant trying to find how to get a 4702?

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

LurkingAsian posted:

So I just received my W230ST. First impressions are generally positive. The keyboard is very nice and the build quality seems solid. Its plastic, but fairly sturdy and well constructed. The screen has excellent viewing angles, as would be expected from an ips panel. The fan is quiet at idle but really loud under load, it has an annoying tendency to surge to max speed every once in a while. Built in speakers are quiet and sound tinny, they are really bad. With an ambient temp of 82F the keyboard sits at 105F when idle, under load it gets to about 120F.

Can you message me on steam at Soggygravy I'd love to ask you some questions. I found Mythlogic resellers offer 4702 with the following configuration I was thinking of pulling the trigger...a bit on the pricier side for the laptop though I think? (Also I never used Windows 8 is it abhorrent, should I just stick with 7?)

Lucid Logix MVP Mobile Lucid Logix MVP 2.0 Mobile Increase your graphics performance, a $54.99 Value
Mobile Chassis MYTHLOGIC Chaos 1313 Chassis (Clevo W230ST)
What da Puck?? Gargoyle Beer Money - Single
Exterior Finish Rubberized Finish
Mobile Display 13.3" Full HD (1920x1080) Matte IPS LCD
Dead Pixel Guarantee None
Monitor Calibration Free MYTH Professional Monitor Color Calibration
CPU Intel Core i7-4702MQ 2.2GHz, 6M L3 Cache, 22nm, DDR3L-1600MHz, Quad-Core Mobile Processor
Thermal Compound Free IC Diamond Thermal Compound
System Memory 8GB (2 x 4GB) , PC3-12800, 1600MHz SODIMM (Low Voltage)
Video Adapter NVIDIA 765M 2048MB GDDR5 DX11 GPU with Optimus Technology / Embedded Intel HD Graphics
External Optical Drive None
RAID [Requires Identical Hard Drive Selections] None
mSATA Solid State Drive 1 None
mSATA Solid State Drive 2 None
Hard Drive 750GB (w/ 8GB SSD Memory) 7200 32MB Cache SATA Momentus XT Solid State Hybrid Drive
Keyboard Standard Backlit Keyboard - Chiclet
Mouse None
Network Card Onboard Gigabit (10/100/1000 Mbits/sec) LAN subsystem
Wireless Card Intel Centrino Advanced-AC 7260 2*2 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n + BT 4.0 350/867MB Total Bandwidth
Bluetooth Integrated Bluetooth 4.0 Only With Intel 2230/6235/7260 AND Killer 1202 Wireless
Wireless Router None
Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium
Anti-Virus Software Microsoft Security Essentials
Productivity None
Extra Battery None
Extra AC Adapter None
Laptop Sleeve | MYTHLOGIC Recommends SLAPPA Gear None
Laptop Case | MYTHLOGIC Recommends SLAPPA Gear None
Wireless Display None
Notebook Cooler None
MYTHLOGIC Assurance MYTH Lifetime Assurance with Lifetime Labor + 1 Year Parts Warranty, 1 Yr 2-Way Shipping Cont US
Phoenix Upgrade Plan Lifetime Phoenix Upgrade Plan
Accidental coverage and Insurance None
FREE MYTHLOGIC T-Shirt Pick a size MYTHLOGIC Tribal T-Shirt - Medium
MYTHLOGIC System Media + Mousepad MYTH Mousepad and System Media

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

calusari posted:

I am curious to know whether or not the i7-4702MQ is worth getting over the 4700MQ. The former is listed as having a TDP of 37W while the latter is 47W. They are most likely the same chip, right? The 4702MQs are just binned higher so they can run at a slightly lower speed (3.2 GHz vs 3.4 GHz) while using markedly less power? So you get an increase in battery life without sacrificing much performance? Is this correct?

seems to be the general concencus

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Well I plugged the trigger. Went with the one place that offered not only 4702 but low voltage ram:

Lucid Logix MVP Mobile: Lucid Logix MVP 2.0 Mobile Increase your graphics performance, a $54.99 Value
Mobile Chassis: MYTHLOGIC Chaos 1313 Chassis (Clevo W230ST)
What da Puck??: Gargoyle Beer Money - Single
Exterior Finish: Rubberized Finish
Mobile Display: 13.3" Full HD (1920x1080) Matte IPS LCD
Monitor Calibration: Free MYTH Professional Monitor Color Calibration
CPU: Intel Core i7-4702MQ 2.2GHz, 6M L3 Cache, 22nm, DDR3L-1600MHz, Quad-Core Mobile Processor
Thermal Compound: Free IC Diamond Thermal Compound
System Memory: 8GB (2 x 4GB) , PC3-12800, 1600MHz SODIMM (Low Voltage)
Video Adapter: NVIDIA 765M 2048MB GDDR5 DX11 GPU with Optimus Technology / Embedded Intel HD Graphics
Hard Drive: Samsung 256GB 840 PRO Series SATA III 6Gb/s Solid State Drive
Keyboard: Standard Backlit Keyboard - Chiclet
Network Card: Onboard Gigabit (10/100/1000 Mbits/sec) LAN subsystem
Wireless Card: Intel Centrino Advanced-AC 7260 2*2 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n + BT 4.0 350/867MB Total Bandwidth
Bluetooth: Integrated Bluetooth 4.0 Only With Intel 2230/6235/7260 AND Killer 1202 Wireless
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium
Anti-Virus Software: Microsoft Security Essentials
MYTHLOGIC Assurance: MYTH Lifetime Assurance with Lifetime Labor + 1 Year Parts Warranty, 1 Yr 2-Way Shipping Cont US
Phoenix Upgrade Plan: Lifetime Phoenix Upgrade Plan
FREE MYTHLOGIC T-Shirt Pick a size: MYTHLOGIC Tribal T-Shirt - Medium
MYTHLOGIC System Media + Mousepad: MYTH Mousepad and System Media

Will have more updates when it arrives! If I made some critical error that I was too stupid to notice let me know and I can probably still change it up.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
I've been going through the Mythlogic process since July 23rd, based on my best guess my Chaso 1313 (clevo W230ST) should be shipping end of next week or beginning of the week after, super pumped considering I am currently laptopless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
So I have to say, really positive experience with Mythlogic. I had a laptop melt on me from heat sitting in my car and was left laptopless while waiting for my Chaos 1313 (cringeworthy name but its the clevo w230ST). I e-mailed them just asking if they can expedite in any way and BAM some nice guy named Charlie came to the rescue and gave me some options to speed up delivery of my laptop by 2 business days for no additional charge. I don't expect that but just knowing that I get someone who is from the US and such who is knowledgable in his product is more than most of my laptop purchasing experiences in the past.

I'll let you guys know how the I7 4702 low voltage ram 765m gtx laptop handles in the upcoming week!